What's new

The Stick Thread

Dunno how many of you might know me or not, but i run casuals at my shop HEROES WORLD. We've also done alot of custom joystick work for people and have seen alot of unique sticks.

Here is a facebook gallery of some recent stuffs:

Fight Stick Customizing

some of the pics i've added a some "How To" notes so perhaps it can help some of you out
Where are you located?

so im stuck with mk9 TE stick. i need to get me a nice stick, i prefer not to do anything to it, i have cash. but also would like to learn these things and putting them together because i plan to open a game cafe or something in the mere future.
if there is a way to fix the mk9 stick, let me know. if not, site link to a very high quality arcade stick or place to build one website, or website to help with building one
thanks
-anonymous

edit: also company name for complete sticks/parts

Tim Static

Adminerator
so im stuck with mk9 TE stick. i need to get me a nice stick, i prefer not to do anything to it, i have cash. but also would like to learn these things and putting them together because i plan to open a game cafe or something in the mere future.
if there is a way to fix the mk9 stick, let me know. if not, site link to a very high quality arcade stick or place to build one website, or website to help with building one
thanks
-anonymous

whats wrong with your stick?

PS- best sticks on the planet: www.AIABstore.com

Dark_Rob

Noob
thanks
-anonymous

I assume you mean the PDP T.E. The PDP is a very nice case, I personally love it. You can make it a million times better with a simple swap out of the stick and buttons.
Start by junking the stock Happ Competition and replacing it with an I.L. Eurojoystick:
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/160-il-eurostick-joystick-blue.html

Then junk the crummy Happ buttons. If you like the concave feel of the stock buttons you can replace them with these:
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/269-black-il-concave-pushbutton-psl-l.html

If you prefer the more japanese like convex style, here you go:
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/175-black-il-competition-pushbutton-psl-l.html

Do this and the PDP stick becomes much much better

how easy would the instalation be?
and also, im looking for the ones i have seen in streams, like a simple rectangle box, with ball on top of stick and 8 button 4x2, just to have so i can start playing mvc3 and ss4 when AE comes out

Swapping parts in the PDP stick is ridiculously easy, it literally took me an hour having never touching HAPP parts to get them in properly.
Also it sounds like your looking for a MadCatz TE stick for SF/Marvel

I finally have some sticks worth contributing to the thread!!! IL eurosticks, cherry switches, and IL convex competition buttons. =D

AC1984

Kaballin!
Another boring summer day and not a damn thing to do...Well, I decided to do my regular innovations on my stick. Put a brand new top and bottom art work (Same concept as before but on brand new glossy paper) and did a little paint job here and there to cover the battle scars. Special thanks and props to GoldenOreos for making those pictures for me.

guys..is there any difference between Super SF TE stick and SF TE ? are they completly same? just another graphic ? need some fast replay,becouse I am planing to order one. Thanks to MarkMan for GameShark link :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
guys..is there any difference between Super SF TE stick and SF TE ? are they completly same? just another graphic ? need some fast replay,becouse I am planing to order one. Thanks to MarkMan for GameShark link :)
Mechanically they are identical. The only difference is the SSF4 TE has straight sides and the SF4 TE has the bezels. Oh wait their might be one thing, I think the lock switch functions a little differently between the two models. I think the lock switch on the SSF4 TE locks out more controls then it does on the SF4 TE. Dont quote me on that though.
But as far as actually playing, yea they are the same.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
FINALLY got my stick dual modded and I wanted to do something a little different so I got my TE Round 1 artwork to look as old school MK as possible, while still retaining the 6 button feel

AC1984

Kaballin!
Excellent job my friend, the stick looks awesome!!!

P.S. The Midway thing does not belong on it though

Hey guys, what is the best type of convex button to put in the pdp? I went with IL buttons, are there better alternatives?

Hey, Dark_Rob, I was also wondering if there is a difference between the 50g microswitches and the 75g cherry microswitches? I have cherrys on my joysticks but 50g swithes on my buttons. Is there a better alternative for the buttons? Should I put cherrys on the buttons too? Or are the 50g switchs good enough?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Hey, Dark_Rob, I was also wondering if there is a difference between the 50g microswitches and the 75g cherry microswitches? I have cherrys on my joysticks but 50g swithes on my buttons. Is there a better alternative for the buttons? Should I put cherrys on the buttons too? Or are the 50g switchs good enough?
What are they the black zippy's youve got on there now? Cherry's are definitely the best. Zippy's arent horrible like Happ's E-switches, but they arent the best either. I would drop a few extra $$$ and get some Cherry's.
You can actually buy the individual switches from Paradise arcade.

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/59-50-gram-micro.html

So excited! Just landed 2 brand new super street fighter 4 te round 2's for 100 a pop. Can't wait to get my hands on em and customize the crap out of them! If anyone knows a good site for custom artwork for the te, please let me know =D.