What's new

The Stick Thread

Tim Static

Adminerator
congrats Tim,looks awesome!

P.S. How is the new stick,better than the old one?
honestly havent had a second to try it out. i will tho soon. I am gonna go over to Fugee's and play him and others soon.

Static is on the level up, yo. :coffee:

Tim Static

Adminerator
PS- gawd DAYUM that Chun stick is SOOOO sexy! I cant stop lookin at it!

PROPS TO MY HOMIE MARKMAN FOR THE HOOK UP!

Dr Doggystyle

The #1 MK Kollector from the Netherlands
awesome ! you all have nice custom sticks.
i have a tekken 6 ps3 stick (still in the box and never used) and an arcade pro stick for xbox360, ps3 & PC
i wish i could make some MK sticks just like you all but i dont know what i need (whats inside the box etc.)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Does anyone have any idea where to get the parts for sticks? Meaning the buttons, wires, joysticks, etc?

I took cabinetmaking in School... and this could be very interesting to get in to...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Next question, can someone list all of the parts needs to make a stick? (besides the wood)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Just installed my TE stick panel replacement on my stick. Has the MK layout and everything. :)

AC1984

Kaballin!
Nice one...The Sanwa stuff looks weird for me but if it feels good and comfortable for you,then thats the way to go.Congratulations man.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
wow i had no clue about this thread// or i forgot aboutit.. i need me a mortal Kombat button lay out with a bat top stick for ps3. going too look around now :)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i have decided to build my own Arcade sticks. these are the items im getting for it.

Toodles Cthulhu for PC/PS3
14 buttons
5 Feet of cable wire
Bat top ~ IL Eurojoystick, 8-Way, Blue
****i already have my own case...

i need to know if i need anything else, or if im buying the wrong thing.. im only guessing here. i have build my own sticks for my SNES long long long time ago. so its been about 15 years since i last did this so i need some help MAYBE. im building this for my PC/PS3..

Tim Static

Adminerator
i have decided to build my own Arcade sticks. these are the items im getting for it.

Toodles Cthulhu for PC/PS3
14 buttons
5 Feet of cable wire
Bat top ~ IL Eurojoystick, 8-Way, Blue
****i already have my own case...

i need to know if i need anything else, or if im buying the wrong thing.. im only guessing here. i have build my own sticks for my SNES long long long time ago. so its been about 15 years since i last did this so i need some help MAYBE. im building this for my PC/PS3..
1. why 14 buttons? extras?

2. which layout? SF or MK?

3. I'd maybe use this, but dual mod it with a 360 pcb. might as well do it now, that way no matter where you go, you dont have to worry about which console is being used - http://www.lizardlick.com/Toodles-ChimpSMD_p_584.html

4. The IL's are my fave too :)

5. 5ft should be good. Make sure you have the wiring for the buttons.

6. Help in case: http://shoryuken.com/f177/

7. wanna see the case, pic please!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'm just curious but is this really necessary? I've never had a problem plugging sticks into my computers (Windows XP and 7).
some can, some cant. some OS can find drivers to make them work. Thats one great thing about the 360 stuff is even the off brand stuff is all compat with any windows. But the Cthulhu are best for making sticks for PS3's

DanCock

Cock Master!!
1. why 14 buttons? extras?

2. which layout? SF or MK?

3. I'd maybe use this, but dual mod it with a 360 pcb. might as well do it now, that way no matter where you go, you dont have to worry about which console is being used - http://www.lizardlick.com/Toodles-ChimpSMD_p_584.html

4. The IL's are my fave too :)

5. 5ft should be good. Make sure you have the wiring for the buttons.

6. Help in case: http://shoryuken.com/f177/

7. wanna see the case, pic please!!
1 ~ well i was looking at sticks at that one site but none of the sticks included all 10 PS3 buttons. just 6 of them are on those sticks plus the start, select, home on the sides. i want to use these sticks for MK9 as well as other 3d mks. 3D mks need 7 buttons.

2 ~ MK ofcourse. ill have it set up for UMK3. im unsure where ill have the other buttons set up on it.

3 ~ im getting it, thanks for showing me it. i plan on getting a 360 for MK9 and MK HD (if it ever comes out).

4 ~ yep :D

5 ~ ok see this is where im trying to recall everything, im sure it will when i get the parts in my face. but do i need different wires for the buttons? i recall using the same wire types for everything.

6 ~ Thanks

7 ~ dont have a picture yet. i dont plan on using the sticks out side of my house. its not going to be in a traditional "box" i have this wood case thing thats about 2.5 feet high where ill be drilling the buttons and stuff into. i like standing when i play.

Thanks for all your info Tim. ill be sure to ask more soon :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
no problem dude. But i'm not sure about the wiring. Ive never done such stuff lol. Good luck and cant wait for pics!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
no problem dude. But i'm not sure about the wiring. Ive never done such stuff lol. Good luck and cant wait for pics!
i have i just found some pics, i knew i had to wire 2 different set of wires on each button. i just couldnt remember what was what theni saw pics and i recalled everything :) one is the ground that connects to everything..

anyway just ordered all my stuff for it.

i just had it, today was the last straw. i lost vs weaker mk2 players for the last time today. like these guys are good, but when ever i go from duck block to stand and counter i keep fucking up the moves. like say if im cage in mk2, im ducking and my foe is raiden and he does the torpedo so i go to slide to tap back (releasing block now) foward and LK and OMG nothing comes out O_O theres other moves but my god i had enough of this shit happening...

thanks again tim and ill take pics when im done, a before and after. that Lizard site is awesome they offer --> USPS Priority Mail which is the fastest and cheapest way to ship stuff. i dont get why other sites dont offer this :/

DanCock

Cock Master!!

ok so here is what I made. as you can see I'm dumb and didn't use a ruler to do this. the lp button is the one that is way off it's not alined with lk or hp. this was a practice try so Now I'm going to mess around with it and see if I like this button layout or not.