What's new

The Stick Thread

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Can someone tell me exactly what kind of stick this is?

I'm honestly confused when looking at all of the options...
* Marked fields are required. System * Select No System (+$70.00) PS3 (+$125.00) 360 (+$140.00) Hybrid PS3/360 (+$205.00) PS3/PS2 (+$145.00) PS3/PS2/360 (+$225.00) Controller Type * Select Slim Arcade True Arcade Button Type * Select Concave (+$12.00) Convex (+$12.00) Sanwa (+$21.00) Joystick Type * Select Competition (+$10.00) Sanwa JLF (+$25.00) Sanwa JLF Octo Gate (+$29.00) Button Layout * Select Straight Curved-Close Curved-Wide MK Color * Select Black Red White Headset Jack * Select No Thanks Yes (+$10.00) Extras * Select No Extras 6ft USB Extension Cord (+$5.00) Qty*

I do NOt ball a ball stick though... this one above is basically exactly what I want, except all black.

Any help?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Can someone tell me exactly what kind of stick this is?

I'm honestly confused when looking at all of the options...
* Marked fields are required. System * Select No System (+$70.00) PS3 (+$125.00) 360 (+$140.00) Hybrid PS3/360 (+$205.00) PS3/PS2 (+$145.00) PS3/PS2/360 (+$225.00) Controller Type * Select Slim Arcade True Arcade Button Type * Select Concave (+$12.00) Convex (+$12.00) Sanwa (+$21.00) Joystick Type * Select Competition (+$10.00) Sanwa JLF (+$25.00) Sanwa JLF Octo Gate (+$29.00) Button Layout * Select Straight Curved-Close Curved-Wide MK Color * Select Black Red White Headset Jack * Select No Thanks Yes (+$10.00) Extras * Select No Extras 6ft USB Extension Cord (+$5.00) Qty*

I do NOt ball a ball stick though... this one above is basically exactly what I want, except all black.

Any help?
That is a slim arcade model with an IL competition stick with Sanwa buttons in a straight layout. Just switch the color Black.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Im thinking a straight button layout would be best for me. Id be using the stick for SF and MK.
What you really would want then is a hybrid layout. A Street fighter straight 6 button layout, plus a dedicated "run" button below and to the left of "light kick" See Phils opening post of this thread for a pic of what it looks like. Im not sure if Ed makes these anymore though.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Storms, What Rob suggested is a very very smart idea...

P.S. Robs' setup not only looks awesome but it also feels awesome...one of the best video game stations I've ever played on. Those speakers are still banging on my head...i had an awesome time man and thanks for having me and the hospitality.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Nice sticks Tim, The UMK3 one looks fabulous, i had the unique chance of even touching it at ECT...really good one.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Man, I want to say that if I ever get a UMK3 stick, I would pick the game up... but there is no worthy scene here if at all, so no.

*Dreams Crushed.

Nice UMK3 stick, Tim.

Noob
Tim, does that UMK3 stick have an off switch? It's a bit loud...LOL Just kidding bro... ANY UMK3 stick is a great stick...

Tim Static

Adminerator
I am in the process of selling 2 of my original SFIV TE's, and the SFIV TE Round 2, in order to obtain these:

I have plans for the 2nd stick, which you all will hear about at a later time. :coffee:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The more I play on a stick I wonder if I'm a destined pad player... lol.

Sticks are too damm cool though... I want an AIAB stick bad but it's gonna have to wait till at least after Summer Jam... especially if I'm gonna get a digital camcorder by then.

Dark_Rob

Noob
The more I play on a stick I wonder if I'm a destined pad player... lol.

Sticks are too damm cool though... I want an AIAB stick bad but it's gonna have to wait till at least after Summer Jam... especially if I'm gonna get a digital camcorder by then.
The real trick here Storms is to give up on the pad completely. Yes your game will take a hit and your level will go down at first on the stick. The key is not get frusterated by that and understand that its normal. All pad players transitioning to stick go through similar growing pains. The less you run to the pad and the more you stay with the stick the quicker the transition will happen. It can take a few weeks, or even a few months to fully transition to the point where you feel your as good on a stick as you were on a pad. But its worth it. The stick offers a level control I just dont feel can be achieved on a pad. Pad players will no doubt disagree with me here. But in my opinion a stick is just better. That doesnt mean there arent good pad players out there. There are. But most good players tend to be stick players.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The real trick here Storms is to give up on the pad completely. Yes your game will take a hit and your level will go down at first on the stick. The key is not get frusterated by that and understand that its normal. All pad players transitioning to stick go through similar growing pains. The less you run to the pad and the more you stay with the stick the quicker the transition will happen. It can take a few weeks, or even a few months to fully transition to the point where you feel your as good on a stick as you were on a pad. But its worth it. The stick offers a level control I just dont feel can be achieved on a pad. Pad players will no doubt disagree with me here. But in my opinion a stick is just better. That doesnt mean there arent good pad players out there. There are. But most good players tend to be stick players.
Yea, some people take hardly anytime, while most people it will take a while, not gonna lie.

But then there are the sissies who are too afraid to even try because they dont want to lose out on their reputation, even if their reputation doesnt mean anything and it would make them a better overall player.

AC1984

Kaballin!
I did a little re-innovation on my stick a couple of weeks ago but uploading the pics now from my phone...bassically there is new black paint and i did the MK3 bottom from Plexiglass.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Damn, I'm jealous... just realized you got that at SBR... :(

NEXT YEAR!

Now, I'm really pumped for NECX...