What's new

The Smart Stuff - MKX: Prevent the downfall of the NRS community

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I try not to bitch about kenshi being bad, since I will figure shit out with him to MAKE him good, I will play with the cards I am dealt as a kenshi loyalist, but it is kind of tough to buff kenshi since you can't buff what isn't there, damage will only get you so far.

And yes mkx seems rushdown based, but dink and wonderchef showed us how good zoning can actually be in this game with quan at NWM

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Which part of what he said was wrong?
'Broke Superman unfairly'
'Remember Bane?' Remember all the characters who people were right about this early on?
'Kung Jin isn't DLC so will get burned'
'No obviously overpowered zoners' Summoner Quan Chi says hi.
'Don't complain before it's labbed' because all of us haven't been labbing the shit out of the characters?

The Kitana community knows she isn't good.
The Kenshi community knows he isn't very good.
The Shinnok community knows that he sucks.
The Kotal community knows that everything apart from War God sucks.

I think it's being downplayed how quickly the community is getting MKX. This isn't injustice where it was almost like a different language to a lot of us. Everyone likes to pull out facts that people were wrong about, but I'm willing to bet that most people worth listening to are pretty spot on about their characters at the minute.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
'Remember Bane?' Remember all the characters who people were right about this early on?
'Don't complain before it's labbed' because all of use haven't been labbing the shit out of the characters?

I think it's being downplayed how quickly the community is getting MKX. This isn't injustice where it was almost like a different language to a lot of us. Everyone likes to pull out facts that people were wrong about, but I'm willing to bet that most people worth listening to are pretty spot on about their characters at the minute.
Lol. SF community has been playing their game for years and even they admit they have no idea what is going to happen with the meta in each new installment. But yeah, we are totally different.

LOL

MrProfDrPepper

'Don't complain before it's labbed' because all of use haven't been labbing the shit out of the characters?

Yup it is a sad day to be a kenshi loyalist, me and a handful of other people are the only ones that aren't jumping ship, even the captain jumped ship

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Lol. SF community has been playing their game for years and even they admit they have no idea what is going to happen with the meta in each new installment. But yeah, we are totally different.

LOL
Because this game is street fighter. Not saying we know everything about this game, but why can people use the argument of 'this isn't Injustice or MK9' then use the 'LOL SF/Tekken say this blah blah'.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yes.

It was said in the OP that this isn't injustice, and that's right. People are better at this game early on then they were at Injustice easily.
That's validated, but I referring more to him not being able to play the game rather than anyone else being able to get acquainted with it, I'm sure he's doing everything he can to keep up with the Jones' in the meantime. Assuming the last gen versions still get released in June (and that they're not compromised competitively) I wouldn't think we'd have an insurmountable headstart.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Because this game is street fighter. Not saying we know everything about this game, but why can people use the argument of 'this isn't Injustice or MK9' then use the 'LOL SF/Tekken say this blah blah'.
The point is no game can honestly be figured out in two weeks. How many times have you seen EX throws done for restands? How many times have block breakers been used for these insane pressure characters? For God Sake's people arent even using invincible backdashes yet! No game community with half a brain claims to have the whole game figured out in two weeks, and anyone that does always ends up being wrong(P.S. before you bring up Tekken keep in mind that the Asian players had that game a year before America did, so they didn't "figure everything out" either).

Maybe MKX will be the first game that is completely figured out in two weeks, but chances are we will be laughing about all of this in 6 months time after the game has changed so dramatically.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
'Don't complain before it's labbed' because all of us haven't been labbing the shit out of the characters?

theres a difference between knowing your character isn't great and just straight up being a bitch though.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The point is no game can honestly be figured out in two weeks. How many times have you seen EX throws done for restands? How many times have block breakers been used for these insane pressure characters? For God Sake's people arent even using invincible backdashes yet! No game community with half a brain claims to have the whole game figured out in two weeks, and anyone that does always ends up being wrong(P.S. before you bring up Tekken keep in mind that the Asian players had that game a year before America did, so they didn't "figure everything out" either).

Maybe MKX will be the first game that is completely figured out in two weeks, but chances are we will be laughing about all of this in 6 months time after the game has changed so dramatically.
I don't know who you've been playing / watching but those things are happening all the time (apart from block breakers because they suck outside of clutch plays and certain MU/situations.

People love to take things to extremes, I've already stated we obviously don't know everything, but IMO it's bullshit to think that we don't know a good deal about the general game and that character communities don't know about their characters.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

Nothing to do with not having the game.
You don't know if it's wrong.
At NWM it wasn't the zoning where people were losing most of their health, it was the mixups.
Dude, someone was complaining about how Erron has the best zoning in the game. Clearly they hadn't labbed it.

Okay you got me there, Shinnok definitely sucks.

Yes we're learning the game faster, but we're still learning the game.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
as someone who wanted to day 1 main shinnok, he probably isnt very good but he certainly isn't working out for me. they gave him good space control tools but they fucked up the properties and frames on them :/. with that being said i didnt throw a huge bitchfit when i felt that i couldn't win with the character. i just picked up a different one and went about my day.

Rawktane

A,B,A,C,A,B,B
Why don't you use your vast MKX knowledge that you got from watching YouTube to help someone out instead of making a thread that makes you sound like a pertinacious jerk?

MrProfDrPepper

You don't know if it's wrong.
At NWM it wasn't the zoning where people were losing most of their health, it was the mixups.
Dude, someone was complaining about how Erron has the best zoning in the game. Clearly they hadn't labbed it.

Okay you got me there, Shinnok definitely sucks.

Yes we're learning the game faster, but we're still learning the game.
I can lost 20 different reasons why kenshi and kitana sucks, but I can also just be lazy and direct you to the mass amounts of people that are dropping ship from those characters, same with Johnny cage. They can explain better than I, since I suck at explaining, point it character loyalists know their characters. When the PREMIER KENSHI PLAYER that is known for wrecking shop and was insanely excited to play him again drops him, you know it is bad, all the kitana players that said they would stick with her no matter what have magically changed their minds, Johnny cage loyalists are getting fewer numbers every day. I am not one to bitch, I'm just accepting that my character is bad, maybe he will get a buff, maybe not, but even if he stays as is I'm with kenshi until the end, I will try and make him good, as hard as that may be, but as of right now, he sucks, nobody has figured out anything to make him worth choosing, the only reason to choose kenshi right now is of you love the character and are a loyalist like I am. Also trust me. The kenshi community has been working their asses off in the lab collaberating and trying to as a collective community to make him good, you would think by now something would be figured out, but no, it is up to me and yoaks to make him good. And if we can't, we will sink with the ship, tis the fate of a character loyalist