What's new

The Smart Stuff - MKX: Prevent the downfall of the NRS community

All I hear is people saying, "give it time", "stop asking for buffs/nerfs, just play the game guys", and "JESUS IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO WEEKS", but in the end, we only make up about 5% of the market and NRS are gonna do whatever the hell they want. People should know by now that there isn't much we can do.
the nerf demanders apparently can... and i doubt they make more than 5% of the market. some casuals who cant handle zoning are probably not in any MK Forum. i think the most vocal change demanders are kinda advanced players.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
the nerf demanders apparently can... and i doubt they make more than 5% of the market. some casuals who cant handle zoning are probably not in any MK Forum. i think the most vocal change demanders are kinda advanced players.
I don't think any of the complaints have to do with zoning in this game, aside from Full-Auto Jacqui and that's about it.

I can't really comment on anything but they should fix the obvious shit like Ermac's meter build bug and that Sub infinite.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Voted no, later. But am well aware there are things that need changing and we small tweaks would be nice also (Mileena either needs a faster string or some safer options xD)

I don't think any of the complaints have to do with zoning in this game, aside from Full-Auto Jacqui and that's about it.

I can't really comment on anything but they should fix the obvious shit like Ermac's meter build bug and that Sub infinite.
zoning was just an example for stuff that follows the cry magnet formula "easy to execute, hard to deal with"

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
You know, I don't even think that may people are actually asking for patches. I think people see the phrase "this *insert tool* seems really strong," and people are just reading that as "we need patches."

You know, I don't even think that may people are actually asking for patches. I think people see the phrase "this *insert tool* seems really strong," and people are just reading that as "we need patches."
ive heard there was a lot of it , not only here but also on twitter, i have not been on tym that much lately.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I don't have mkx yet because of the last gen release delay but just looking around the non Quan chi and Kung Jin forums part of mkx and I'm sensing a lot of players complaining that their characters are garbage/the game is very unbalanced/they can't play the way they like because it's different to previous games.

Let's look at this closer:

You hate how your character is currently low tier/very bad overall...do I even need to remind people about what happened with bane in injustice? Can all of you tier whores take a minute to appreciate that injustice had many big patches and your character will be buffed appropriately???can all of you realise that the reason you're losing is maybe that the character is complex and the game is only 2 weeks old?

Secondly and probably the most obvious thing I've seen people forget is that this isn't like mk9 or igau in the sense of zoning...there are no obviously overpowered zoners and there are more ways than ever to get in on your opponent. Why are you complaining that you can't win from full screen, it's bloody mortal konbat...

Finally don't, and this one bothers me a lot, whine and moan about op features when over half the cast has some serious dirt. Supermans f23 was patched which was nessesary but everything together broke him unfairly, and king Jin isn't dlc so he'll probably get burned to the ground too...

Don't complain blindly before its labbed and confirmed broken because this community seems to always have something so say about other peoples characters

Last edited:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Zoning is a legit tactic and if ppl enjoy playing that way it doesn't matter that this is mortal kombat. Zoning is definitely harder in this game then before there many ways to shut it down but you are right that it will take time to develop

Honestly. If you take out the DLC characters in igau.. you have a pretty balanced game.

As for the dont cry cuz remember bane bit. While youre right in the sense of wait for it, lets not act like you dont have the same chance of bane buffs as you do Green Arrow's StayMediocre.exe

People who are dropping a shit ton of money who go to tournaments etc. Dont have time to wait and see, they are trying to win now.

Outside of that I agree with you for the most part. Some people are definitely over-crying.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I could say I've watched a doctor do surgery, does that mean people should listen to me about that?
To an extent yes someone who has listened to a lecture and watched a surgery can talk about the surgery. I'm not telling people how to play mkx because I don't actually know how (perform surgery in that analogy). I am telling people to learn before they complain before they know what they're talking about.