What's new

The Smart Stuff - MKX: Prevent the downfall of the NRS community

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
To make up for the fact that they negate any armor in the game. I already know you can clear duck it. It's more of an issue with risk/reward for scenarios when you're across the screen. If Kenshi gets punished this badly for zoning choices, other characters should receive equal treatment IMO.
Why shouldn't Kenshi get buffed instead Jacqui get nerfed?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Why shouldn't Kenshi get buffed instead Jacqui get nerfed?
If you ask me, Kenshi deserves a couple of buffs all around while Jacqui's full auto machine gun deserves to be nerfed with at least a little added recovery (Or startup) to make up for the fact that it hits four times, has only 13f startup, and grants some pushback on block. I don't really know much about Kenshi truthfully other than what their community is crying about.

Even with the extra recovery it would still be a great projectile since it completely blows up armor so I don't see what the big deal is.

TKB

Noob
I just think it's funny that sonic fox casually tells a friend over a social media website that he feels sub zero should have a slight cool down nerf on his ice clone and gets absolutely crucified for it; "it's only two weeks in let the game breathe too early to talk about that". Pig says Kenshi is shit tier and completely unviable and everyone is sympathetic and so sorry for him. Lol

The hypocrisy in that is hilarious.

Well, when Jamie Carragher talks you into betting your PS4 funds on Liverpool to reach the FA cup final, then that's your problem.
Every cloud 'as, 'ow do you say, a silver lining.

At the 35th minute of the FA Cup finale, ze Arsenal massive will sing "'Appy Birthday to Steve, 'appy birth to Steve, 'appy birthday dear Slippy! 'Appy birthday to you".

Wrighty got his PS4 last weekend. Ee iz always betting on the Arsenal loss or draw.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
To make up for the fact that they negate any armor in the game. I already know you can clear duck it. It's more of an issue with risk/reward for scenarios when you're across the screen. If Kenshi gets punished this badly for zoning choices, other characters should receive equal treatment IMO.
Kung Jins F3 negates pretty much all armour too, should it be nerfed? Goros 3D3? I mean yes it breaks armour but obviously it's going to do that since it's a multihitting projectile. Changing the recovery frames isn't going to do anything to change that. Why would you armour from full screen anyway? As I said just duck and run cancel, then you're in and she has to play footsies just the same as anyone else. You've taken no damage and you're in her face, what's bad about that? I don't see your point...it doesn't need nerfed at all, it's fine.
What do you mean about Kenshi?
If you ask me, Kenshi deserves a couple of buffs all around while Jacqui's full auto machine gun deserves to be nerfed with at least a little added recovery (Or startup) to make up for the fact that it hits four times, has only 13f startup, and grants some pushback on block. I don't really know much about Kenshi truthfully other than what their community is crying about.

Even with the extra recovery it would still be a great projectile since it completely blows up armor so I don't see what the big deal is.
No that's not the point. It breaking armour means nothing since you shouldn't be doing something stupid like trying to armour through a 4-hit move from full/half screen, and the pushback means nothing at all since it should be neutral crouched at all times and the only reason you should even think about blocking is when it's EXd. If you're attempting to armour through it or block it it's your own fault. If you gave it extra recovery it would make it worse because people would get half screen from ducking it once.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
The examples you brought up can't be done full screen. And yes, my point still stands because there are plenty of characters who's only way of getting in rely on use of armor from full screen.

Agree to disagree bro. It's fine, not everyone's opinion of Jacqui is going to line up with yours. I still believe her one move needs adjustment though, same with other characters.

Youphemism

The examples you brought up can't be done full screen. And yes, my point still stands because there are plenty of characters who's only way of getting in rely on use of armor from full screen.

Agree to disagree bro. It's fine, not everyone's opinion of Jacqui is going to line up with yours. I still believe her one move needs adjustment though, same with other characters.
That's what you're not getting, they don't need to armour to get in because everyone can duck the bullets. There is no reason to waste your meter from full screen when you can get in easily without it. If you're not ducking and run cancelling/walking then it's your own fault, those options are there for every character and there's no reason not to use them.

I would were you not so adamant that characters need to armour from full screen to get in on her when the answer is much simpler and less of a waste of resources than that. I mean of course some people won't agree with my opinion but you'll find that the majority of the site think it's fine the way it is. 99% of the people complaining about it are casuals that don't know how to get around it lol. I won't say it's not a good zoning tool, I mean of course it is, but it's one of the only zoning tools in the game and there's been no reason as of yet to warrant it deserving a nerf. If any of her tools were to get more recovery frames it would be her up rockets, they recover hella quickly right now. But she doesn't really need nerfs, she's fine. Other characters are more powerful and may require being toned down but time will tell.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
That's what you're not getting, they don't need to armour to get in because everyone can duck the bullets. There is no reason to waste your meter from full screen when you can get in easily without it. If you're not ducking and run cancelling/walking then it's your own fault, those options are there for every character and there's no reason not to use them.

I would were you not so adamant that characters need to armour from full screen to get in on her when the answer is much simpler and less of a waste of resources than that. I mean of course some people won't agree with my opinion but you'll find that the majority of the site think it's fine the way it is. 99% of the people complaining about it are casuals that don't know how to get around it lol. I won't say it's not a good zoning tool, I mean of course it is, but it's one of the only zoning tools in the game and there's been no reason as of yet to warrant it deserving a nerf. If any of her tools were to get more recovery frames it would be her up rockets, they recover hella quickly right now. But she doesn't really need nerfs, she's fine. Other characters are more powerful and may require being toned down but time will tell.

Yeah, no. You really don't get the concept of balance. This is a multi-hitting move that has 13f startup. Then take Sonya's projectile for example that has 18f startup, but only hits once. YEAH OKAY, sure it hits MID, but that's really just one example (Her recovery is ass on that too by the way). Take Jacqui against someone like Sub Zero then...Who has Ice clone for his defense, or unbreakable for the shield. Kenshi's poor reflect. All negated because of Jacqui's DB2. Her other tools are great enough to withstand machine gun getting tweaked. I could bring up many more examples, but arguing/debating on forums isn't my forte, especially when it's against a Jacqui player (Would be like talking to a wall). I understand you're trying to defend your homegirl, but I'm still going to maintain my stance until something is done about her zoning tool. If you want to continue this discussion, take it to PMs. It's really just my opinion though so get over it.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Yeah, no. You really don't get the concept of balance. This is a multi-hitting move that has 13f startup. Then take Sonya's projectile for example that has 18f startup, but only hits once. YEAH OKAY, sure it hits MID, but that's really just one example (Her recovery is ass on that too by the way). Take Jacqui against someone like Sub Zero then...Who has Ice clone for his defense, or unbreakable for the shield. Kenshi's poor reflect. All negated because of Jacqui's DB2. Her other tools are great enough to withstand machine gun getting tweaked. I could bring up many more examples, but arguing/debating on forums isn't my forte, especially when it's against a Jacqui player (Would be like talking to a wall). I understand you're trying to defend your homegirl, but I'm still going to maintain my stance until something is done about her zoning tool. If you want to continue this discussion, take it to PMs. It's really just my opinion though so get over it.
Is it really the end of the world if full auto Jacqui hard counters grandmaster/unbreakable Sub's tools? God forbid a very strong character has a difficult matchup...

Really though, I don't play Jacqui and I don't particularly enjoy zoning characters, but her projectile is really overrated and zoning in this game is already gimped enough. If you are any self respecting player who plays a rushdown character, you should know how to get in. It may not be easy and may take patience, but that's the point. The existence of a few decent defensive/zoning characters is healthy for the meta game.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
No no no I was talking about both players talking about characters needing buffs for being underpowered and nerfs for being overpowered, when the game has literally been out for only a week or two. Remember a few days ago when people were saying Sonya wasn't good, and now REO runs through everyone in the ESL tournament with Sonya? Nobody knows who's good or who's bad, but they're calling for balance patches already.
If they're saying sonya isn't good... they aren't playing her.

She's a beast in close (at least in covert ops... the only variation I play lol). Her problem is getting zoned out.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Is it really the end of the world if full auto Jacqui hard counters grandmaster/unbreakable Sub's tools? God forbid a very strong character has a difficult matchup...

Really though, I don't play Jacqui and I don't particularly enjoy zoning characters, but her projectile is really overrated and zoning in this game is already gimped enough. If you are any self respecting player who plays a rushdown character, you should know how to get in. It may not be easy and may take patience, but that's the point. The existence of a few decent defensive/zoning characters is healthy for the meta game.
The problem is its an AMAZING tool for pressure and zoning. What Youphemism is asking is for the general populace to adapt by reading and running in to get in jacqui's face in a VERY tight window. If there is any lapse in the other player's input, then they are forced to eat a 30+ percent combo at minimum and then return to full screen to repeat the same cycle over again. No its not the end of the world if the startup or recovery for Jacqui isn't tweaked, but we already know how this worked out with Kenshi for MK9 for most of the cast.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
The problem is its an AMAZING tool for pressure and zoning. What Youphemism is asking is for the general populace to adapt by reading and running in to get in jacqui's face in a VERY tight window. If there is any lapse in the other player's input, then they are forced to eat a 30+ percent combo at minimum and then return to full screen to repeat the same cycle over again. No its not the end of the world if the startup or recovery for Jacqui isn't tweaked, but we already know how this worked out with Kenshi for MK9 for most of the cast.
How does Jacqui get 30%+ off the machine gun? Even if you mess up jumping the bullets, they normally don't all hit and you end up taking like 3%. If you are referring to her making a read and jumping in, running up, or using some advancing normal/special then that's up to you to block and punish, that's how mind games work and if she reads wrong, you are right in her face and can punish/start pressure/whatever. I don't have the frame data in front of me right now, but on whiff the window is not nearly as tight as you are saying.

Youphemism

Holy shit are you seriously trying to say Jacqui's gun isn't balanced? Cybernetic Kano's knives are better than her machine gun for one thing. If there wasn't an easy universal option then I might see your point about it not being balanced but there is one so the point is moot.
Jacqui against Sub Zero, ok. Sub can.....oh yeah duck the gun and walk in like a normal patient player should be doing anyway.
Jacqui vs Kenshi...hmm. Oh, look, he can duck and walk too. I wonder if there's a common theme here for every character in the game :rolleyes:
Her other tools are pretty good but not great.
I'm open to being proven wrong, in fact I'm waiting to be, you're just not giving any good reasons for it being nerfed especially when you're ignoring the easy universal option which is simple patience.
Yeah that -10 duckable gun is amazing for pressure...it's a good zoning tool though I'll give you that.
Yes, I am asking the people who are needlessly complaining about the gun to do something any high level player should be able to do easily. It's not about reading, if you're full screen then you can do it without a read. It's not that tight a window, are you using online as an example or something? Duck, walk or duck, run cancel. Not hard. And how the hell does Jacqui's gun lead to a 30% combo?!
DID YOU JUST COMPARE JACQUI TO MK9 KENSHI?! LOL

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Jacqui can get 30+% off of any starter into either up rocket or ground rocket. Sorry for not clarifying.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Just pick who you want to play and rep your main.
I stirred up a colossal shitstorm about my main in mk9 because even the actual character mod jumped ship. I want to see that kind of passion about Kenshi, Kitana, or whoever else.

You know why it's shitty if your main is "top tier" on release? Deathstroke is why.
1. Everybody whines so the devs nurfbat the char.
2. High level players get fed up and break down punishment and antitech.
3. Several other examples (coughnightwolfcoughsonyacough) prove that initial hunch-knee-jerk-offs about tier placement are as valid as having an ego because somebody can press buttons well. >.>

Get tech, get "how to kill" vids on the supposed top tiers. Get down to business. Do work.
And shut the fuck up or CompletelyJaded will return.
Yes, this is a threat.
<3

Youphemism

Jacqui can get 30+% off of any starter into either up rocket or ground rocket. Sorry for not clarifying.
Incorrect. She can get 18%+ off of any grounded starter into ground rocket, and she can't link anything into up rocket never mind convert off of it unless you use a launching normal/string or it's EXd. Her launching overhead B2 doesn't link with up rocket unless it's EXd and you can't convert off of B2~ground rocket unless you're in the corner. Her grounded low B33 links with ground rocket but also doesn't link with up rocket unless it's EXd.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Incorrect. She can get 18%+ off of any grounded blahblahbIah
FTFY. My point was if you guess wrong, you can eat up to 30+% and return to your original position at the far edge of the screen, like kenshi from mk9. Get your semantics out of here, none of what you're saying convinces me of changing my opinion that her machine gun should be tweaked. I don't feel like talking about it further texting from my phone lol, I'd rather just hone the match up against her. I'm not trying to force you or anyone to align their views with my own. I just know based off my personal match up experience that she is a pain above most others in the cast just because of that move. Fair enough? Let's move on, lol.

Youphemism

FTFY. My point was if you guess wrong, you can eat up to 30+% and return to your original position at the far edge of the screen, like kenshi from mk9. Get your semantics out of here, none of what you're saying convinces me of changing my opinion that her machine gun should be tweaked. I don't feel like talking about it further texting from my phone lol, I'd rather just hone the match up against her. I'm not trying to force you or anyone to align their views with my own. I just know based off my personal match up experience that she is a pain above most others in the cast just because of that move. Fair enough? Let's move on, lol.
But she doesn't get 30%+, she gets 18%+, so that wasn't "fixed". She might get 30 if she uses meter or starts with her super short range low but she doesn't get 30% every time. And at most you end up half screen, usually BF4 is used to end combos. But combo damage doesn't really matter since it's her machine gun we're talking about.
But yeah you're right we should just move on. She's not easy to get in on and that's the point of the gun lol. I mean add a few recovery frames and she doesn't become a low tier zoner I suppose.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
But she doesn't get 30%+, she gets 18%+, so that wasn't "fixed". She might get 30 if she uses meter or starts with her super short range low but she doesn't get 30% every time. And at most you end up half screen, usually BF4 is used to end combos. But combo damage doesn't really matter since it's her machine gun we're talking about.
But yeah you're right we should just move on. She's not easy to get in on and that's the point of the gun lol. I mean add a few recovery frames and she doesn't become a low tier zoner I suppose.
Mind you I was making a sweeping general statement. I didn't specifically say she could achieve that meterless or with 1 bar or otherwise. I just said she could. I know for a fact she can do around 34% off of b33 low rocket run~ 1212xx her jab combo (BF4?) without using any meter (Unless that changed since I last hit the lab with her last week). Whether she requires meter for her other combos or not was otherwise irrelevant.

I can deal with Jacqui, and would enjoy playing intelligent matches against her- What I have issues with are playing matches where the person just backdashes and spams machine gun ad naseum like this jabroni.

Admittedly, she probably doesn't need to be nerfed, I'm just a salty Sonya player that wishes her MK9 projectile wasn't donated to Pumped Up Jax for MKX.

Youphemism

Mind you I was making a sweeping general statement. I didn't specifically say she could achieve that meterless or with 1 bar or otherwise. I just said she could. I know for a fact she can do around 34% off of b33 low rocket run~ 1212xx her jab combo (BF4?) without using any meter (Unless that changed since I last hit the lab with her last week). Whether she requires meter for her other combos or not was otherwise irrelevant.

I can deal with Jacqui, and would enjoy playing intelligent matches against her- What I have issues with are playing matches where the person just backdashes and spams machine gun ad naseum like this jabroni.

Admittedly, she probably doesn't need to be nerfed, I'm just a salty Sonya player that wishes her MK9 projectile wasn't donated to Pumped Up Jax for MKX.
Hey I hate it too, I much prefer playing footsies and being in on the opponent and putting the fight in fighting games, but I've just learned that it's going to happen whether I like it or not so I along with everyone else will just have to deal with it *shrugs* But lol at that guy. He's just an online casual playing against other online casuals who are just going to let him get away with that all the time and until everyone else levels up he's going to continue doing it and getting away with it unfortunately. If all he faced were high level players he'd be dead, he probably wouldn't even play instead of getting better lol.

Don't worry about it, we all have a move we get salty about. In MKX for me so far it's got to be either Erron Black's 50/50/vortex/whatever bullshit it is he's using, Cassie's mixups/missiles (which doesn't help because my training partner plays her *sigh*) or Takedas whips. Or Kung Lao in general. :(