What's new

The MKX at Combo Breaker 2015 Hype and Updates Thread

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Enough of this bullshit now.

Yes, his coach is allowed to wear whatever the fuck he wants.

Trepound was taking ages to decide what to do, was looking away from the screen and had his earphones in, not the gaming headphones so wasn't listening to the game sound. There's nothing wrong with SF showing that he's bored with how long he's taking.

And no, you have no right to know who's in the costume. That's his prerogative. You can't make him take it off at all.

No one is getting beaten because of what he wears, what his coach wears or how he trolls. They're getting beaten by him because he's insanely good. So stop bitching about all that other stuff when it's just a bit of fun.
Seeing as you're from Wales, and how you missed the point entirely, it's all good to me. I never trashed his play, and Tre did not take forever at all. Are you a TO in America or the UK? I just gotta ask, because you're the only one who completely dogged me. I know furries as well as Sonic for the most part. Was in a clan with him. I can tell you no furry is gonna shy away from hiding it unless they were afraid to admit it, in which case why are you wearing the costume? Logic aside...

And I'm just saying, for the last time, no one here is taking anything away from Sonic. I just feel that the fursuit coach is a bit much, and perhaps might be a good topic to converse with people like, say for example: Me, who want to go to these things and I'm not going to lie to you, it's kinda hard not to notice a giant Furry Rabbit next to you while you're trying to do shit. I just wanna know, how much is too much? It isn't even about the teabagging, that's all in game.

As for you saying Tre took too long, isn't that up for a TO to decide? And that's all I'll say on that note because I said nothing wrong.

RM_NINfan101

Very true. He will grow out of it. When I was 17 I was a complete asshole, now i'm just a small portion of an asshole. Ya know. Not to mention of idea of high level gameplay was pulling off a 50% combo in practice mode.
He is a really good kid, I consider him a friend of mine and have played with him online for four years. Wish I could personally play him in a set offline.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
ok now that i'm back from lunch...

can we talk about the pig of the hut hype curse? feels like any time he puts one player on a pedestal and won't stop pimping them & their character, they don't even get top 8 at the next major.

he did this with 16bit early in injustice, i think at UFGT with pre-patch frost. he did it to zyphox a bit later on, and we can now add blind ducky as the latest victim.

when will we learn not to put too much stock in netplay? i know not all of these cases were based on that but the majority were...
I think Ducky is a much stronger player than you're giving him credit for. If this was not his tournament, the next one probably will be.

Netplay has little to do with it, and I think people will see that soon enough.

delbuster

hungry
i dont think pig hype or online has anything to do with it. i just think this game is actually ridiculously new and no one is actually practiced enough for a tourney setting.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Seeing as you're from Wales, and how you missed the point entirely, it's all good to me. I never trashed his play, and Tre did not take forever at all. Are you a TO in America or the UK? I just gotta ask, because you're the only one who completely dogged me. I know furries as well as Sonic for the most part. Was in a clan with him. I can tell you no furry is gonna shy away from hiding it unless they were afraid to admit it, in which case why are you wearing the costume? Logic aside...

And I'm just saying, for the last time, no one here is taking anything away from Sonic. I just feel that the fursuit coach is a bit much, and perhaps might be a good topic to converse with people like, say for example: Me, who want to go to these things and I'm not going to lie to you, it's kinda hard not to notice a giant Furry Rabbit next to you while you're trying to do shit. I just wanna know, how much is too much? It isn't even about the teabagging, that's all in game.

As for you saying Tre took too long, isn't that up for a TO to decide? And that's all I'll say on that note because I said nothing wrong.
Dogged you? I don't even know what that means.

Why do I have to be a TO all of a sudden?

But you are taking away from his gameplay by bringing up this shit post after post. It is irrelevant. It doesn't affect the results why are you bringing it up? If a guy dressed in a costume standing out of sight off the stage is putting you off, then you need to grow up and level up.

Jonnitti plays in a full fucking hotdog costume in every tournament he enters. Have you ever complained about that?

FYI, spooky just said in the chat on his KI stream that the hotel internet's still down, but he has a separate line now, which is why he's up. Since he's the one streaming the MKX finals tonight, we might be ok.
So here's something that would be beneficial for future events. When and how did Spooky secure this secondary line? And if that info comes out why not have something in place before the event starts? Redundancy is a good thing to have.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Whats the difference between that and the CORN guys yelling in your ear? In fact, I would argue that is WAY more annoying then some dude in a furry suit.

Like what the hell is your point? Do you really think guys like CORN don't annoy people? Of course they do, but part of being a tournament player is being able to shut out all distractions(including furries, crowd noise, and whatever else) and focus on your play. If you can't do that, that is on you.

RM_NINfan101

Whats the difference between that and the CORN guys yelling in your ear? In fact, I would argue that is WAY more annoying then some dude in a furry suit.

Like what the hell is your point? Do you really think guys like CORN don't annoy people? Of course they do, but part of being a tournament player is being able to shut out all distractions(including furries, crowd noise, and whatever else) and focus on your play. If you can't do that, that is on you.
I'd rather not talk on this subject further, but I can at least wear noise cancelling headphones. Not affecting my peripheral vision.

Plus I live in Michigan and know the scene is rowdy so. Crowd noise is crowd noise.

That brojob guy is really making us tym newscrubs look terrible. The funniest part to me was when he started talking about how they're losing so much money in ad revenue. 90% of viewers use adblock(myself included). Where is the ad revenue then? No TO in ANY GAME considers ad revenue as their primary revenue source(if they are, their business model is heavily flawed).

Anyway, more on topic; It's a shame that there have been internet issues all weekend, but the streams that have been able to get through have been high quality and extremely entertaining. I just hope the backlash of stream monsters doesn't influence the decision on whether or not to hold another event, because from what I've heard from friends at the actual event, it's been one of the best events they've attended.
Just playing devil's advocate here but you do what all the big youtubers have done to combat adblock. You don't use adsense, you simply record the advertisement as part of your video.

On an unrelated note, I can not, fucking believe, people are still going on about Sonic Fox and his "distractions". So what, are we gonna pretend fans sitting behind the basket in full view of players shooting free throws should no longer be allowed to be as distracting as they want to be? Cause the poor pro player has to ignore them to hit is free throws?

Distractions are part of competitive play at all levels. Either deal with it or quit cause you don't have what it takes to win if you can't ignore a couple of furries in your peripheral.

When did this thread turn into a Sonic Fox discussion? Lol

I have nothing against him personally, I just rather see other favorite players of mine win. :)

I think the fact that he's a furry, the disrespect, the tea-bagging, and basically just how he seems to win everything in general brings hype to the scene. People are starting to love to see him lose and it's exciting. I mean just Look at how people reacted when Dizzy beat him and sent him to loser's with a flawless. That had the stream chat and TYM popping for a full day after it happened and brought a breath of fresh air because most of the time when it comes to any tournament he's in, it turns into "lol Sonic Fox is gonna body everybody free" as if nobody else has a chance. Or look at how loud the crowd was cheering when Big Marcus beat him 2-1 in a character auction of all things. You can't tell me that's not hype!

It's one of the many narratives that is going on in the scene that makes the MKX competitive feel so fresh and alive. I don't think we've had the same thing since PL won MK9 back to back at EVO in 2011 and 2012. Just like with Sonic Fox now, you had your one side that wanted to see PL get dethroned and bodied, and you had the other side that wanted to see him continue to win everything. This, along with the traditional scene rivalries and the "old school MK9 vets" vs the "Injustass newcomers" is an exciting narrative to have in MKX and should make the competitive scene extremely fun to watch for years to come.

and by years to come, I mean until NRS decides to not support it after six months and work on Injustice 2 to be released a year and a half later :DOGE

delbuster

hungry
du is too clean. and he's still young. smug and du running USA sf right now.

MKX is getting me hype. foreverking, dizzy, alucard, reo, and sonicfox are all players i want to watch

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Not MK related but Nuckledu just put on a clinic beating Ricki Ortiz 6-1 to take SF4. Good stuff.
Can't play SF to save my life, but it's a great game to watch. Tonight was one of the better top 8 this year - Art played awesome, Du did level up big time,... To much to mention. And what with all those clutch & hype matches! Damn saw some really good games!