What's new

The MKX at Combo Breaker 2015 Hype and Updates Thread

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
You have to respect the people that sonicfox disrespects. The fact that they manage to sit there and take the disrespect without standing up and making fun of the tail or the people dressed up in the crowd or basically any of that fucking weird ass "furry" shit is quite admirable.
I think he's teabagged every single person he's fought on stream for MKX regardless of skill level or how free it may of looked. But that's just him being him. I'm pretty sure people have made fun of the Furry stuff but Sonic has really thick skin. I know Aris cracked a few jokes about it (light jokes mind you) at the Auction tourney. No one is really upset with the furry stuff, it's the complete lack of respect he has shown throughout the tournament that makes you really go: "Really? You could choose to set an example and people have told you it's wrong, but you still choose to demoralize players, some of which you never played against before for the sake of it? It stopped being cute after you did it to people in KOTH in MK9, most of which you bodied anyway and considered free and not worth your time, so why?"

Popoffs and Teabags should be special. As much hate as FChamp gets for some of his attitude, he saves his shit for a special occasion.

But for Sonic, it's a regular day in the office lol

sars

Noob
I think it's more about getting in people's head then disrespecting people with sonic fox. He's one person that most people want to beat bad, and then he disrespect them and they start making dumb mistakes.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
You have to respect the people that sonicfox disrespects. The fact that they manage to sit there and take the disrespect without standing up and making fun of the tail or the people dressed up in the crowd or basically any of that fucking weird ass "furry" shit is quite admirable.
This. If some whippet with the world's worst teenage moustache in a blue whatever-the-fuck-hat and Hefner silk robe started pulling that shit and having grown-ass men in fursuits frolicking about in front of me while I was trying to concentrate, I would in no way be able to stay calm. I'd love to see how the community would react if Brady or Pig or King pulled that shit. What really irks me is he doesn't need that shit to win. It just detracts from how good a player he is by making him look like a colossal bellend.

I mean, did you see the Stunfest GF between Daigo and Momochi? Holy shit, world class FG play and they conducted themselves so well. And then you look at the best player in our scene.

RM_NINfan101

Yo fuck all the hate for sonic fox"s attitude. He makes people respect him with his play not his attitude.
Obviously you should respect his play, look how much time and money and travel he's put in. The accolades he accomplished.

I'm just saying, he should respect people too as PLAYERS in the scene. I never see him do this except in NRS games. Maybe a little in DOA5 but like, nowhere near this magnitude lol

RM_NINfan101

btw If Sonic is allowed to wear all that furry gear, have fursuit coaches, and teabag and annoy the hell out of me, can I wear facepaint, wear goofy looking glasses and have extremely weird looking dressed people be my coaches too? I think that also should be talked about, because that's gotta be very uncomfortable for opposing players.

Charybdis

Obviously you should respect his play, look how much time and money and travel he's put in. The accolades he accomplished.

I'm just saying, he should respect people too as PLAYERS in the scene. I never see him do this except in NRS games. Maybe a little in DOA5 but like, nowhere near this magnitude lol
He should respect people as people. Fuck, everybody should respect people as people. I don't care if you're the mutant lovechild of Daigo, Valle, REO and Jwong and you're playing John. C. Scrub who only knows how to uppercut. Don't teabag them, don't prick act around, show them some fucking respect cos they're probably WAY better than you at something. Shit, imagine if someone acted like that in real life, away from the cosseted little world of the FGC.

I know he's only a kid and I was an asshole when I was a kid, but you'd think someone, a parent or his brother or whoever, would take him to one side at one stage and give him some home truths

Charybdis

Damn get off sonic fox's dick! He's godlike
See, this shit doesn't help. No one is questioning the fact that he's godlike and the best player in the scene. What people have a problem with is him acting, if I can be frank, like a little dickhead, and when people excuse someone acting like a dickhead because they're really good at something, then you end up with Kanye West

RM_NINfan101

Damn get off sonic fox's dick! He's godlike
Oh believe me, I was always on it from when we first played lol I know he's fantastic.

I wanted him to stick with Street Fighter 4 but he said his type of character wasn't in there which made me kinda sad. His Sakura could of been on Chris G's level I feel (He landed that 1f combo beautifully), but I guess those types of slower paced games aren't for him.

See, this shit doesn't help. No one is questioning the fact that he's godlike and the best player in the scene. What people have a problem with is him acting, if I can be frank, like a little dickhead, and when people excuse someone acting like a dickhead because they're really good at something, then you end up with Kanye West

LOL perfect reference.

Oh believe me, I was always on it from when we first played lol I know he's fantastic.

I wanted him to stick with Street Fighter 4 but he said his type of character wasn't in there which made me kinda sad. His Sakura could of been on Chris G's level I feel (He landed that 1f combo beautifully), but I guess those types of slower paced games aren't for him.
Yeah same. I defend this kid every single time people discredit his skills.

Honestly, it's gotta feel like shit losing to Sonic Fox. You put all this money into travelling, hoping to do the best, and you lose to a kid in a furry hat tbagging and fucking around, all the while you know he's not even trying but still bodying you. Idk if it's just me but that would for sure discourage me from going to any more tournaments.

Charybdis

The irony.

No one is bashing him at all which is the funny part. Everyone is just criticizing is lack of sportsmanlike conduct. He will grow out of it though in my opinion.
I'm not sure he will to be honest. Growing out of things happens because you see that the world doesn't correlate to your behaviour, doesn't approve of it and society will act to deny you advancement unless your behaviour fits in line with society's expectations. And that's generally a good thing, because eating your own shit is not conducive to being a productive member of society.

So for instance, a 17 year old furry I'd say will grow out of it because he's gonna need a job and no job lets you tell people you're actually a Wolfman from the Venus or whatever the fuck. So the furry thing he may grow out of unless he can consistently earn a living from video games his whole life (which he very well may do), shit I had a goth phase when I was younger. But because there's certain people in the FGC who act as an echo chamber for his beliefs, i.e. that his skill level justifies acting the dick, that'll just reinforce his beliefs that it's fine to act like that and disrespect people.

I hope I'm wrong cos I've heard he's a really nice kid away from games but I dunno, if I was 17 and people were telling me that I was good enough to get away with shit? I'm not sure I'd have grown out of it myself.