Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Kobojutsu

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • Dragon Naginata

Votes: 60 30.9%

• Total voters

Espio

Kokomo
Finally got to playing this character, I really like Dragon Naginata, really enjoying this variation's range and the pogo stance options, especially the overhead out of it reminds me so much of Jade's staff overhead from MK9.

The other cool thing about this variation is it gives her a new string off her forward 4 that gives her and overhead that is not interruptible to compliment her safe on block low that is. Back 1's range is sick and plus apparently.

What I found interesting about her as well is that her highs are special mids if the opponent blocks if I'm not mistaken, which is interesting.

I found it kind of funny that after Tanya's jump back on Goro's ex punchwalk, her x-ray doesn't beat it out and she wastes all three bars lol.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Im putting some videos together right now of some nasty stuff she can do when you end combos in b3,2..

A sample, Ive been able to get a real nasty 50/50 that leads into almost 81% damage. I'm just maximizing everything and making sure everything works properly as it should. Before I post up videos.

sry if already known.

in kobu jutsu Tanya can get 10% safe/inescapable chip with a bar off of B1
and the block string builds 2/3rds of a bar

Inputs are B1 2+4 ( slight delay) DF2,DF1,EXDF2

Shady

Noob
I just wish people would stop posting combos in Naginata starting with JiP into Rolento stance and calling them practical. The timing/range on that is really tight and odds of that kind of jump in in a high level gave are absolutely minimal, but that's just me.

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
I just wish people would stop posting combos in Naginata starting with JiP into Rolento stance and calling them practical. The timing/range on that is really tight and odds of that kind of jump in in a high level gave are absolutely minimal, but that's just me.
Asking for non jump in combos in general is asking for too much. People I guess are looking for damage and not positioning or how practical it would be in a real match. Never understood that.

Shady

Noob
Asking for non jump in combos in general is asking for too much. People I guess are looking for damage and not positioning or how practical it would be in a real match. Never understood that.
That's fair in general where a jump in punch leads into ground pressure which means chip etc. and is a lot less precise. I just feel like this is the extreme case of what this would look like since the window for JiP into stance is so tight and how close you have to be.

I've only been messing around with Naginata mind you but I like F22 and 112 into TP into stance more right now and they feel more practical because of TP cancel and overall being either very not negative or close to neutral (from doing the jump test lol). Plus, I like B32 being uninterruptable, special cancellable, fairly safe and set up for mix ups since you can swap out that OH for a low or a TP or a TP cancel. Fun times.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I posted a few in the combo thread. No jump or pogo starters lol. I was getting mad about that too >___>

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
sry if already known.

in kobu jutsu Tanya can get 10% safe/inescapable chip with a bar off of B1
and the block string builds 2/3rds of a bar

Inputs are B1 2+4 ( slight delay) DF2,DF1,EXDF2
You can interupt the rekkas. This is NOT safe/inescapable. But it does build hella meter if they don't know you can get out.

Tanya herself can just normal teleport out in between the first and second one, so eg:

B1 2+4 DF2 (teleport out) DF1, (ARMOR OUT) EXDF2

You can interupt the rekkas. This is NOT safe/inescapable. But it does build hella meter if they don't know you can get out.

Tanya herself can just normal teleport out in between the first and second one, so eg:

B1 2+4 DF2 (teleport out) DF1, (ARMOR OUT) EXDF2
You must be inputting the DF2 too early

Last edited:

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
The DLC character in MK9 only got their alts on the vita release.

In Injustice Zod got an alt, so it shows that they're at least capable of doing it.
I actually wonder why they don't do it. Do they not consider an alt to be part of the "complete character" package? If so, why bother even having them in the first place? Especially considering how lazy some of them are.

Tbh, I think NRS dropped the ball in not including at least one more alt on the MK DLC characters. The guests, I completely understand and don't care for an alt with them but the actual MK characters should have come with one.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
J.p into Naginata is very practical and not hard to setup in the slightest. For the simple fact you can cancel into other things. You can hit Naginata make them block and put them into a bad situation. Are you just reaching to start an argument on something because their hasn't been enough arguing in the Tanya threads yet? lol I played Mileena JP stuff worked. Very practical and led me to top16/32 at combo breaker. (Against good players as well!) Jp into stuff in this game is very practical for anyone.

I'm trying to understand your logic when you say... Because I've watched and see top players j.p a lot and you're saying high level won't do it X.c

But, Ok man.

I'm trying to understand your logic when you say... Because I've watched and see top players j.p a lot and you're saying high level won't do it X.c

Sent from my IPhone

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
J.p into Naginata is very practical and not hard to setup in the slightest. For the simple fact you can cancel into other things. You can hit Naginata make them block and put them into a bad situation. Are you just reaching to start an argument on something because their hasn't been enough arguing in the Tanya threads yet? lol I played Mileena JP stuff worked. Very practical and led me to top16/32 at combo breaker. (Against good players as well!) Jp into stuff in this game is very practical for anyone.

But, Ok man.

Sent from my IPhone
I get wrecked by jump-in combos pretty often. Usually jumping over me when I don't expect it. Messes with my directional input reactions.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
What is going on with F2? Playing Pyro right now and F2 seems to have different stagger animations on hit. One allows you to hit NJP after teleport and the other doesn't. It's not my timing as I was able to consistently get the correct stagger animation after hitting a stand for and then going for the F2 and I hit NJP almost every time.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Been running Kobu and mirrors against Pyromancer are just the most frustrating thing in the world.

God, I feel sorry for characters with less mobility, I don't even understand how to fight the constant teleporting away.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
does any char in the game have as far of a forward dash as tanyas, shits huge lol its nearly fullscreen
backdash goes nice distance aswell