Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Kobojutsu

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • Dragon Naginata

Votes: 60 30.9%

• Total voters

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I'm starting to see Kobo as extremely viable as well. It definitely has more mixups and damage output than the other 2. (atleast that I've found)

Last edited:

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I guess it's okay but it only does 14% and doesn't set up much other than being in the staff stance for when they wake up, which you can do off of any hard knock down. If there's a way to end a decent combo with this, then I'd see it's usefulness. :D
It's not about the damage. It's about hovering directly over your opponent during wake up; which forces them to guess overhead or low. I suppose if you get a knock down you could just run up then jump and input D2. (might be riskier, idk yet I'll be testing though)
Edit: I think you can combo off of the D2 Overhead option. It seems really tight though.

Last edited:

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I don't know which variation will be the best, but I thought Pyro with her teleports and fireballs made the most sense, but that's just me lol

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
My initial feeling
Pyromancer: hit&go. Go to the combo to cancel it into the fireball buff and then teleport and spam balls
KobuJutsu pure rushdown 50/50 style
Dragon Naginata: I dont know by now how exactly is the way to go with this variation. Footsies? I dont believe in footsies in MKX

Your thoughts?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Dragon Naginata looks like a stupid gimmick, b3,2 is nice but b2 sucks ass. Nothing to write home about. Kobu jutsu seems nice, but I think all the Sindel and Kitana players will be flocking to Pyromancer so we will see Pyro more in the beginning.

the whole b3 series can be armored through and b3 xx overhead as well, but not b3 xx low. f3 is a shitty overhead and a gimmick. You can bait armor in Kobu jutsu with teleport cancels though, they are safe, upball doesn't punish. if f2 can be option selected (nothing on block, special on hit) then that is gonna be a hella good footsie tool.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
found a big problem with tanya.
on crossover jump punches or jump punches after you tele behind them, the 11 string will whiff after the jip hits leaving your opponent enough time to block :/

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
As of now it's looking like Kobu Jutsu is top dog when it comes to mixups and damage. I predict it will be the overall best variation in general. However, I'm seeing Pyro as a close second. Naginata just doesn't have crazy combos tho man...

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Most Dlc char skins will get released later, as they usually do.
Do they?? I don't remember any alternate skins for MK9 DLC. I sorta stopped playing Injustice around the time Scorpion came out, but wasn't aware the DLC characters got new skins.

I sure hope the MKX ones get some extras!

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The DLC character in MK9 only got their alts on the vita release.

In Injustice Zod got an alt, so it shows that they're at least capable of doing it.