What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt

Noob
I love Sonya in this game, but for some reason she just seems hard to play. I go online and just get overwhelmed with the execution, I don't know why. Then I pick my other characters and it feels totally normal.

I guess I just need to practice more......

Just had to vent. ;)

Error Macro

It April yet?
Really looking forward to seeing more of what comes out of Special Forces. Her covert ops will have so many good matchups imo, and if her other variations cover matchups like sub zero, she will really shine in this game.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Been tinkering around canceling grenades from certain strings on block and hit. Interesting stuff so far.

Anyone playing Demolition? What are your thoughts so far?

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
pain in the ass trying to reload gernades
I figured that would be an issue. I've been messing around the idea of saving your last grenade in order to replenish. Basically detonating it mid combo would give enough frame advantage to call in the chopper. Obviously hasn't been fleshed out yet. I imagine some wake-ups and some distances would allow them to hit you in time.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
That's good, but that does not make it better than Spec Ops, in my opinion.
Well SF is safer than MS so you have to consider that....Not only is it safer but it leaves you at positive frames compared to MS where her overhead and low options are punishable on block...So it's a trade off....You can play in MS and get a parry that leads to a full combo if ex'd as well as a low/overhead/throw mixup with good damage....Or you can play drones that gives you a free combo breaker, throw breaker as well as frame advantage blockstrings but lower damage output from what I found....Homing missile does a lot of stuff for you when you really think about it....It tracks hella hard even if the opponent teleports and it starts a combo for you

jmt

Noob
Am I crazy for thinking Sonya is hard to play?

I can play all these other characters and they feel great but for some reason Sonya feels strange. Anyone feel the same? Or is it just me? (Especially the Cover Ops Var)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I don't actually have access to the game right now (I only get to play at @OZZYGUITAR ''s place) so how reliable is that midscreen combo check did with the neutral jump after low drone?

Kakashi

Noob
Well SF is safer than MS so you have to consider that....Not only is it safer but it leaves you at positive frames compared to MS where her overhead and low options are punishable on block...So it's a trade off....You can play in MS and get a parry that leads to a full combo if ex'd as well as a low/overhead/throw mixup with good damage....Or you can play drones that gives you a free combo breaker, throw breaker as well as frame advantage blockstrings but lower damage output from what I found....Homing missile does a lot of stuff for you when you really think about it....It tracks hella hard even if the opponent teleports and it starts a combo for you
I will explore a little more this variation. :)

Is that why if you set the dummy to do a reversal, they can do an armored move in between the b14 string?
I think so. Reversal doesn't seem to come out if you're right on then them though. I think it's either distance or move specific.

Sucks too, cause I find myself throwing out B1 just to keep the opponent in check, not to combo, but I can't continue pressure cause I'm negative. Gotta cut it out lol

But really though, why's it negative?

I get B14 being interupted and B1 being negative on block. This makes sense for such a quick overhead with good range.

Being negative on hit is like you're being punished for landing attacks successfully.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
I get B14 being interupted and B1 being negative on block. This makes sense for such a quick overhead with good range.

Being negative on hit is like you're being punished for landing attacks successfully.
It means you have to commit atleast a little bit. Even then you are still safe from most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.