What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
how does this game plays online?
It's mixed opinions thus far, but from what I'm hearing, it's mostly due to people being used to input delay and hating that the lag is a lot more visible. It's a rollback-style netcode (Which seemed hella difficult for a game like SFxT honestly), meaning to mask the latency, the game literally rolls back to an earlier state to re-sync. This means that input delay is pretty much zero, but it creates side effects such as sound problems, literal animation skipping (Similar to the 3D MKs, but NOWHERE near as extreme), and sometimes stuttering. Sabin has been saying, though, he hasn't had any real problems. He could probably chime in about it.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
It's mixed opinions thus far, but from what I'm hearing, it's mostly due to people being used to input delay and hating that the lag is a lot more visible. It's a rollback-style netcode (Which seemed hella difficult for a game like SFxT honestly), meaning to mask the latency, the game literally rolls back to an earlier state to re-sync. This means that input delay is pretty much zero, but it creates side effects such as sound problems, literal animation skipping (Similar to the 3D MKs, but NOWHERE near as extreme), and sometimes stuttering. Sabin has been saying, though, he hasn't had any real problems. He could probably chime in about it.
Damn. I didn't know this. I was wondering why it would be kinda laggy before the fight starts but as soon as it said fight the game would be lag free but something does feel off about it at times. Also, can someone clear this up for me. How the hell do you roll to get up as opposed to letting your opponent cross you up? I thought inputting a dash forward would do this but its only worked a handful of times for me. Since I'm getting shafted at work I can't test it myself for another 9-10 hours.

THTB

Just hold forward to roll on wakeup and you're good to go.

Goku

Noob
This game is boss, i just dont really see the point in gems and pandora...gimmicky bullshit

The combos are fun as hell to pull off and learn (MK take notes)
DO you have something against MK?? It really is annoying every time you post about SFxT you always have to say MK take notes. NRS does not need to take any fucking notes from a game that looks like a cartoon, and MK has its own style of combos. MK's combos are WAY EASIER to perform and that is why MK will always have an edge over SF IMO, you should not have to spend hours in training mode just to find a combo that does 15% damage.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
are most of you playing on pad or stick for this game.? im asking cuz mk9 was made for pad from what ive heard.
mk9 was made for both pad and stick. Not sure who told you it was made for just pad. I can't play mk on pad.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

THTB

DO you have something against MK?? It really is annoying every time you post about SFxT you always have to say MK take notes. NRS does not need to take any fucking notes from a game that looks like a cartoon, and MK has its own style of combos. MK's combos are WAY EASIER to perform and that is why MK will always have an edge over SF IMO, you should not have to spend hours in training mode just to find a combo that does 15% damage.
For the record, I spent about 5 minutes in SFxT's training mode on the first day and found fairly easy 40-50% combos on both of my characters.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This game is serious about spacing and footsie holy shit. I suck so hard right now. Especially since i know jack shit about any frame data and what counters what.
Frustration.

not just for pad. but i guess with pad in mind. i play with both pad and stick on mk. ive juss seen/read it hear on these forums. in the stick threads .

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
So youre crying because im saying that my favorite fighter should take notes? You are an idiot, sorry. SFxTkkns combo system is great and fun to experiment with with ALL characters unlike MK9 (i main kano i know). And the fact you said 15% damage lets me know youre a complete scrub. Good day.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This game is amaaaaazing. I love it as much as MK9 so far, and that's saying a lot.

Chun, Nina, Xiaoyu, and Juri in this game are seriously some of the most fun characters that I've ever played in a fighting game.

Jin's last trial gave me freaking nightmares. My thumb is bleeding from it. :/

Jin has to work super hard for barely 350 damage but I like his fighting style a lot. I love his projectiles, his special step and mental awareness shenanigans. But more importantly, I love the fact that he can special cancel his standing fierce and standing roundhouse. I might use him as a teamate for my Juri.

I also played a bit with Yoshimitsu since he was one of my favorite characters in the old Tekkens. I like his moves, very unusal character.

I'll try Ogre and King next.

Goku

Noob
So youre crying because im saying that my favorite fighter should take notes? You are an idiot, sorry. SFxTkkns combo system is great and fun to experiment with with ALL characters unlike MK9 (i main kano i know). And the fact you said 15% damage lets me know youre a complete scrub. Good day.
I figured you would respond like a 5 year old little girl, calling me a scrub because I said something negative about your "favorite game". Who's crying, maybe you are because I insulted SFxT?? And I only used 15% as an example, obviously there are more than 15% damaging combos in the game. Typical Capcom fanboy, but that is not unheard of for sites like TYM or TRMK

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I figured you would respond like a 5 year old little girl, calling me a scrub because I said something negative about your "favorite game". Who's crying, maybe you are because I insulted SFxT?? And I only used 15% as an example, obviously there are more than 15% damaging combos in the game. Typical Capcom fanboy, but that is not unheard of for sites like TYM or TRMK
Youre obviously a horrible troll that i will not feed any longer. Its pretty obvious when you call me a capcom fanboy when I clearly said MK is better 1000 times. Take your butthurt ass to MKO.