What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
in love with this game right now, Vega is still my main man, however im really gonna swap king for paul, i really dont get on with how king plays in this, and paul is just too damn fun.

the DLC colour packs capcom are planning are total bullshit though, paying for a Hue change, wtf.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I played paul for a bit, hes real damn slow and that put me off considering heihachi is my main and hes also just as bad speed-wise. Now Jin is my sub, and god damn he has so much awesome stuff. Dat anti air flying kick.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I played paul for a bit, hes real damn slow and that put me off considering heihachi is my main and hes also just as bad speed-wise. Now Jin is my sub, and god damn he has so much awesome stuff. Dat anti air flying kick.
with paul i use his light reverse lunge as a backdash, cant remember its name the semicircleback kick move :p

his damage is ridiculous too, perfect for finishing combos off a vega tag, although to be honest ive been doing tag team with ketchup so much i see myself only really learning vega properly lmao, hope 2v2 tournaments happen :)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Was never a fan off Steer fighter they where never my type of thing, i was always a MK and Tekken fan
but since Tekken is in ft in this game i thought i get it

and its brilliant, i love how the tech works and the fighting system,

Am i just really shitty at this game, or is Mortal Komabt alot more user freidly, cause im getting my ass handed to me in perfects and shit
ao im just wondering, is anybody here just new to the Street Fighter Boat, and are you finding it as hard as me

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Paul is an amazing character, his mountain raze goes under projectiles, his shredder is a great anti air, and his mortar punch is godlike. Hes my main 2ndary tag character.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
thats it! im getting this game asap, making it just the 2nd fighting game ill play seriously and--hopefully--turning me into a respectable fighting game player.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Sagat/King is silly. King is one of the best anchor characters in the game. Sagat builds meter like a maniac. Larger characters make it easier to tag King into his knee loop, and for 1 bar and a tad bit of meter, you get a TON of damage for very little execution.

This game is 1 million times funner when you play with a partner. I even have bad grammar because my mind is blown.

I've noticed that Juri is silly by herself as well.

I fucking love Yoshimitsu lol. I'm definitely going to invest time with that character.

He seems like a decent mid-range character with really great anti-airs and air to airs, long range pokes and some teleports to play keep away. His walkspeed is slow and his damage output isn't that great but I don't mind it that much. I just wish his poison breath was safe block.

I'm planning to play super lame with him, I'll use Yoshi just to kill time and let my partner recover health basically. :)

NKZero

Noob
i just got the game today and i have no problem with the inputs.....well apart from Bison that is. He's supposed to have the easiest inputs on his special moves but i don't understand how they work. for example one move is (hold)back-forward-punch or something like that. how would i do it on the PS3 controller?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Law is amazing in this game. I see him as a top 5 character. The main problem with Tekken characters though is they lack reliable anti-airs, at least most of them do. And zoning characters like Sim and Guile are gonna be just as strong as rushdown characters, if not more imo.

Also online for the most part is unplayable, hopefully it gets patched soon.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
man why does kaz and juri have so much team synergy its sickening like they combo off each other for days. its just wow! im also very amused that kaz can parry with his devestator attack, this includes fb's. and that he can tatsu over all low hitting moves and fireballs, mist step through all highs and mids like man im learning so much i think this team cray

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Heihachi is so good. He ges about 220 damage everytime he parries because he can combo from it, and if you have the meter you can combo into your cross art. He has an armoured normal move that causes a ground bounce too, which pretty much acts as a parry in itself, so good for anti airing people who don't expect it. Two of his special moves pass through projectiles too, one of which is a combo starter. I love this character.

man why does kaz and juri have so much team synergy its sickening like they combo off each other for days. its just wow! im also very amused that kaz can parry with his devestator attack, this includes fb's. and that he can tatsu over all low hitting moves and fireballs, mist step through all highs and mids like man im learning so much i think this team cray
Team crazy eyes!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
i just got the game today and i have no problem with the inputs.....well apart from Bison that is. He's supposed to have the easiest inputs on his special moves but i don't understand how they work. for example one move is (hold)back-forward-punch or something like that. how would i do it on the PS3 controller?
His inputs are called charge inputs. Simply hold back for about 1 full second, then press forward and the correct button. Guile has the same type of inputs, and Abel's charge move is a charge input.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Auto Throw Tech Gem is really good. It only requires 1/2 a bar of meter. Haven't really tried the Auto Block Gem because a random poke could take a bar of meter. I think the Auto Throw Tech Gem will be heavily used and if not banned because of how good it is.

REYTHEGREAT

My team is kazuya and Jin. Or kazuya and someone else lol. But I really really like kazuya. My problem is linking stuff. Damn links.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Auto Throw Tech Gem is really good. It only requires 1/2 a bar of meter. Haven't really tried the Auto Block Gem because a random poke could take a bar of meter. I think the Auto Throw Tech Gem will be heavily used and if not banned because of how good it is.
Throws in SFxT aren't really good at all. The gem is pointless because it costs half an entire bar just to tech something that's not that dangerous.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Throws in SFxT aren't really good at all. The gem is pointless because it costs half an entire bar just to tech something that's not that dangerous.
The throws are actually decent in SFxT despite first impressions. The original throw range for the throws is very short. However, as far as I know, the throw hit box for the opponent or yourself extends with your normals. James Chen was saying that Rufus's c.FP was thrown at max range. Besides that, throws have been pretty prevalent in my matches, and they do a lot of damage compared to SF4. Having the auto-tech gem has saved me a shit ton.

EDIT: Just tested it on Rufus. You can throw him out of his s.FP. It's not like super simple to do but it's possible.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
In case anyone hasn't gotten this game yet and was wanting a review, all I will say is if you're wanting to play online, do not get this game. At least on XBL, this is by far the worst fighting game online I've ever played, and that's coming from an MK player. Maybe it will get patched but right now, this shit is a joke. I cannot believe failcom could fuck up this badly when they've generally had decent netcode in previous games.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I like the netcode, but when its slightly laggy its horrific. The sounds problem hasn't affected me as much as I thought it would.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
In case anyone hasn't gotten this game yet and was wanting a review, all I will say is if you're wanting to play online, do not get this game. At least on XBL, this is by far the worst fighting game online I've ever played, and that's coming from an MK player. Maybe it will get patched but right now, this shit is a joke. I cannot believe failcom could fuck up this badly when they've generally had decent netcode in previous games.
Has to be a 360 thing because I have had literally nothing but great connections on ps3.

So i got my copy last night and was messing around in training mode.

Xiouyu seems like you have to put a lot of work to make her good. The stances are kinda throwing me off. Also probably doesn't help that I don't know how to cancel out of them outside jumping.

Julia on the otherhand....Godlike. That backdash is just so stupid good. Also 1 frame super? You kidding me? Ryu whiffing low foward or even block gets punished with a free super.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
XBL hasn't been a problem for me at all. The sound thing is the only bad thing i've found online.

Julia KILLS the Ryu's and Ken's of the world.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
This game is really fun f0r me without much SF experience, XBL has been great so far except the sound which is not a big deal. If anyone wants to play add me up I will be on most of the night.

XBL: Finaldegree43376

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
Julia on the otherhand....Godlike. That backdash is just so stupid good. Also 1 frame super? You kidding me? Ryu whiffing low foward or even block gets punished with a free super.
I second your assessment of Julia. A friend and I were sparring and we're evenly matched. Until he picked her and started beating me down. My online with XBL has been good. Even played with a guy from across the pond with no real problems during the fight. However, while observing, he had massive delay. We'd finish round two and he was just done watching round one.