What's new

SFxT Discussion Thread

I second your assessment of Julia. A friend and I were sparring and we're evenly matched. Until he picked her and started beating me down. My online with XBL has been good. Even played with a guy from across the pond with no real problems during the fight. However, while observing, he had massive delay. We'd finish round two and he was just done watching round one.
I didn't get much chance to play today but here is my take on some more characters

1) ryu is VERY good.
2) asuka requires a good partner, she can't just be on any random team. No good anti air option outside ex anti-air grab
3) xiouyu requires good execution
4) Julia has solid anti air, good mixup, good dmg, and good punishes

NKZero

Noob
Kazuya is such a great character! Very good damage, some dangerous mix-ups and builds meter nicely. His anti-air game does suck a little though :(

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
The throws are actually decent in SFxT despite first impressions. The original throw range for the throws is very short. However, as far as I know, the throw hit box for the opponent or yourself extends with your normals. James Chen was saying that Rufus's c.FP was thrown at max range. Besides that, throws have been pretty prevalent in my matches, and they do a lot of damage compared to SF4. Having the auto-tech gem has saved me a shit ton.

EDIT: Just tested it on Rufus. You can throw him out of his s.FP. It's not like super simple to do but it's possible.
If you play arcade/vs with the AI on the hardest difficulty they throw you on anticipation of pokes/whiffs, its friggin godlike, something i am trying to do better and obviously having a hard time. It seems like if you extend a limb (with a normal attack) they can grab it for a throw.

Ibuki got loads of her stuff changed from sf3/4, comboing from her normals/TCs always ends up being a chain if you input it a frame or 2 faster than you should, meaning its not special cancelable and you get an unsafe launcher instead. Upset about dropping her, but picked up Raven and he is so so sick, just need to get a secondary, ravens combos do 400-500 meterless without tagging, so im keeping him on the field way too long :/

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Double post, but can someone give me any tips on playing juri, outside of being a really fun character to bounce around storing and releasing fireballs and tigerknee divekicks, i can only generaly get great results if i just hang back and wait for a Cr.HP anti air, which can lead to like 200-300 damage from a jump cancel (lol).

How am i actually meant to play her?

Impressions on the game seems like its a battle to get a life lead, and then tagging in a brick wall and timing out, punishing with the longest combo with super or cross for like 10-20 second animations, or keeping your meter to tag cancel everything so you can get a decent mixup/rushdown going without having to rely on jumping around or punishing magic series.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I was trying raven out this morning, he's fun as hell to play. Finally got the loop down after about an hour of playing him. I reckon he's gonna replace Jin on my team.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
So i got my copy last night and was messing around in training mode.

Xiouyu seems like you have to put a lot of work to make her good. The stances are kinda throwing me off. Also probably doesn't help that I don't know how to cancel out of them outside jumping.
Press Down Down.

NKZero

Noob
does anyone who is playing Kazuya know if its possible to link a crouching HP off his mist step into rising uppercut? i can only do it in the corner for some reason....

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
My first cool bit of raven tech, can probably be applied to alot of characters:

His sf.HP will crumple at the right range on counter hit, so as a combo ender use c.hpxxWind Cross (CHARGE) and hold it until you flash.

The c.hp throws them up in the air so you should be safe enough to do this, you can also do it after a light shuriken because the recovery is special cancelable (Lol).

Once you have the charge, your next button pressed will be a counter hit if it hits. If it whiffs you have to charge again, but you can space a s.hp, it will always crumple on counter hit, meaning you can lift them otg for a juggle and end another combo in a charge, giving you more counter hit, back into the same loop.

See what other characters can crumple with their s.hp, i know vega should be able to.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
its fun but for me its just a little too silly for e to play seriously. I'll have to test how i feel about it when they fix the kaz infinite the akuma infinite

Plop

Noob
I fucking love Yoshimitsu lol. I'm definitely going to invest time with that character.

He seems like a decent mid-range character with really great anti-airs and air to airs, long range pokes and some teleports to play keep away. His walkspeed is slow and his damage output isn't that great but I don't mind it that much. I just wish his poison breath was safe block.

I'm planning to play super lame with him, I'll use Yoshi just to kill time and let my partner recover health basically. :)
is it just me, or does Yoshi feel like an MK character?...well, more so than anyone else in this game anyway

land first hit, fly into infinity until time out
exclusive banned characters have bugs. Is this really something new and unexpected from all across the board? Gill has an infinite too, does that suddenly make 3s a bad game? What about ST akuma? And like all new games, they get patched when bugs/exploits get found. Nothing new. I didn't give two shits when Kabal had his block infinite, or Freddy had his 50/50 projectile invulnerability. Or the countless other bugs/exploits that got fixed/patched in various other games.

Death

Noob
I'm thinking about picking this game up. I never played SF or Tekken in my life. What characters in SF x T that play similar to sonya/mileena. A character with good footsies, good D+4, Good AAs and MS/stance mixups etc.?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
exclusive banned characters have bugs. Is this really something new and unexpected from all across the board? Gill has an infinite too, does that suddenly make 3s a bad game? What about ST akuma? And like all new games, they get patched when bugs/exploits get found. Nothing new. I didn't give two shits when Kabal had his block infinite, or Freddy had his 50/50 projectile invulnerability. Or the countless other bugs/exploits that got fixed/patched in various other games.
where did i say the bugs made sfxt a bad game?

REYTHEGREAT

does anyone who is playing Kazuya know if its possible to link a crouching HP off his mist step into rising uppercut? i can only do it in the corner for some reason....
i think its only doable on the corner. i cant connected mid-screen.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
try ryu and kazuya they are string fundamentals and get you accustomed to the game on both sides then go onto juri and abd hworang and you may find that those two play very similar to what your looking for craig marduck may not be a bad idea for you as well