What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Sure man, would make going through the cast easier too actually. D4 FBC on hit is around the +20 mark if I remember correctly. What's your PSN?
Damn I'm on xbox :(

+20 is nice I was practicing d4 fbc and was getting it consistent so I'm gonna work it into game more. So its +20 on block and on hit gives me enough time to get in for more pressure?

So probably switching it up between d4 aura and d4 fbc would be the way to go since they would block in fear of aura which gives me a chance to get in

I've been experimenting with Reversal Takedown lately. Contrary to what the frame data says, Takedown is actually +on hit. Given that fact it becomes a viable defensive option for Scorpion.

Reversal Takedown is a true 11f punisher, & should be used against moves that F3 cannot punish. F3 can punish most moves -13 or worse.

Liu Kang's B2 is a perfect example where Reversal TD comes into play. It's has great pushback and -11 so F3 can't punish it.

F3 is obviously a better option because of the damage output. It's also great against D2's with a lot of pushback.

I've been experimenting with Reversal Takedown lately. Contrary to what the frame data says, Takedown is actually +on hit. Given that fact it becomes a viable defensive option for Scorpion.

Reversal Takedown is a true 11f punisher, & should be used against moves that F3 cannot punish. F3 can punish most moves -13 or worse.

Liu Kang's B2 is a perfect example where Reversal TD comes into play. It's has great pushback and -11 so F3 can't punish it.

F3 is obviously a better option because of the damage output. It's also great against D2's with a lot of pushback.
As others said before:
+5 if the opponent doesn't wake up attack
-5 against wake up attack.

It is not that bad but need to plan the proper next move. :)

As others said before:
+5 if the opponent doesn't wake up attack
-5 against wake up attack.

It is not that bad but need to plan the proper next move. :)
-5 against wake ups? Are you sure?

When I was testing it I was able to beat out wakeups like KLs Spin, Reptiles Dash, & Subz Slide w/d1. The only wakeup that beat d1 flat out was Cassie's flip kick.

It seems as if it's neutral on hit.

-5 against wake ups? Are you sure?

When I was testing it I was able to beat out wakeups like KLs Spin, Reptiles Dash, & Subz Slide w/d1. The only wakeup that beat d1 flat out was Cassie's flip kick.

It seems as if it's neutral on hit.
I am not sure and I haven't done tests is lab relating that topic. I just read it from other players here (maybe ScootMage but don't kill me if I am wrong :) ).
Btw it would be good to know what the exact frame is because we would judge the move better.

I try to avoid takedown but there are situations where it is the "easy" way to manage the things and mixups (just I don't want to be on disadvantage that's why I skip the opportunities many times).

I am not sure and I haven't done tests is lab relating that topic. I just read it from other players here (maybe ScootMage but don't kill me if I am wrong :) ).
Btw it would be good to know what the exact frame is because we would judge the move better.

I try to avoid takedown but there are situations where it is the "easy" way to manage the things and mixups (just I don't want to be on disadvantage that's why I skip the opportunities many times).
I think its neutral or +1 on hit and here's why. Scorpion's d1 is 7f and I was able to consistently beat KL's 7f Spin on wakeup. On the other hand, his d1 was beat out by Cassie's flipkick (6f) 100% of the time. All I know is it's definitely not -5.

I'm working on a guide specifically for takedown.

How come my first teleport that is not meter burn hit but the second teleport that is meter burn or not miss during my combos?

Jason Pls

Certified free as fuck
How is Ninjutsu Scorpion after the Beta buffs? Interested in picking him up. Not fond of Hellfire.
Personally, I've been enjoying him a lot more, but I have only got casuals in the beta so far. I'm also chalking the wins up due to a lack of knowledge of the new buffs; I haven't had a single person armor through 21|4 yet, and so many people block F2 low still when I don't think I've cancelled it into takedown more than twice in like ~30 matches. If the buffs stay the same after the patch, I feel people will learn and he'll be a solid mid tier character instead of low mid tier.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm glad that they gave him back his 214 into 214 ex tele combos. He feels a lot faster too (imo). They changed a lot of his frames around. 214 is +2 on block now, his D1 is -7 now.

Those are some of the noticeable ones that I've been looking at. F2 of course being an overhead now in ninjistu. You can armor through 214 though, which is a fair exchange for it being + on block if they see it.

Matix218

Get over here!
Ninjitsu has become ridonkulous
Nah its not that crazy man, if they read f2 takedown you are still eating a full combo. B4 should have always been safe so im glad they at least did that but imo ninjutsu is still his 2nd best overall variation with hellfire being the strongest. Yes, ninjutsu shreds armor better than ever but the f2 vs f2~takedown is not a game changer like people think it is.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
hey, so does 214~ex fireball jail again or nah? or i should say is 214 cancelled into exfireball guaranteed? not counting the gap in 214?

Nah its not that crazy man, if they read f2 takedown you are still eating a full combo.
That's just icing. The +frames on his main pokes and better game on F2, with his EX Tele buffs, are substancial to how Ninj. operates.

I'm not convinced Hellfire is as good v. most of the cast as Ninj. stands now.

Matix218

Get over here!
That's just icing. The +frames on his main pokes and better game on F2, with his EX Tele buffs, are substancial to how Ninj. operates.

I'm not convinced Hellfire is as good v. most of the cast as Ninj. stands now.
Oh I 100% agree with you on the pokes/strings helping him, I thought you meant f2 takedown only lol

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I'm glad that they gave him back his 214 into 214 ex tele combos. He feels a lot faster too (imo). They changed a lot of his frames around. 214 is +2 on block now, his D1 is -7 now.

Those are some of the noticeable ones that I've been looking at. F2 of course being an overhead now in ninjistu. You can armor through 214 though, which is a fair exchange for it being + on block if they see it.
Which combos do you use when youre talking about 214 into 214 ex tele combos?