What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
To those of you saying either "Scorpion isn't good" or "Scorpion is OP"

214 FBRC idealistically doesn't happen all the time. You can armor-reversal the move on guard if you get a read. The last hit of the string itself can be armored. It's just that when you play someone, there's a lot going on in a match. This is just all apart of reading and adapting.

Now, the D1 change was good because -9 for him actually did spell trouble especially at the state he was in (at the time).

What NRS basically did was change him into a frame trap/pressure character instead of a character who does FBRCs all day. He doesn't always get what he wants. With 1, 11, 21, 214 etc. Sort of like how Cammy is in SF except with an overhead (if you guys are familiar with her in the game). And yes, his takedown is +15 on hit, but it doesn't always spell trouble for the person being knockdown (although he still gets nice options from it). I think he is good as long as he stays in this state. He's more balanced out & fair. Not too powerful like doing mindless blockstrings but also very solid in the right hands.

Also, I had fun meeting some of you at Final Round. It was a blast chilling with you. I'm not on here as much as I was but I respond to Twitter & Facebook a lot if you want to add me. I'll be over at the Galaxy Arcades in Nashville, Yomi Gaming every once in a while. Also, I will see you guys in April if you go to the GA event. Hopefully EVO this year also. :)

EMPEROR__SHONUFF

EMPR SHONUFF
So your telling me I can poke out of 21 on block?
I'm telling you that you can prevent to 21 from happening if you interrupt the first 2 before 1 comes out. There's always been a gap there. If you jump in and try to do 21 after someone blocks your jip the can neutral duck and poke you before you can get your pressure going. And on block you can too. You can armor it as well. That's my issue with scorpion imo. He doesn't have enough mids, let alone enough moves in his move sets. I love scorp no matter what. But more moves would be nice in his arsenal along with some viable mids that could lead to a launcher.

Reactions: GAV

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'm telling you that you can prevent to 21 from happening if you interrupt the first 2 before 1 comes out. There's always been a gap there. If you jump in and try to do 21 after someone blocks your jip the can neutral duck and poke you before you can get your pressure going. And on block you can too. You can armor it as well. That's my issue with scorpion imo. He doesn't have enough mids, let alone enough moves in his move sets. I love scorp no matter what. But more moves would be nice in his arsenal along with some viable mids that could lead to a launcher.

If someone is neutral ducking your 21 after a ji try using b1 instead sometimes

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I do agree that gettinglow profiled with scorpion is annoying and happens alot but he got some tools to get around it.

EMPEROR__SHONUFF

EMPR SHONUFF
I do agree that gettinglow profiled with scorpion is annoying and happens alot but he got some tools to get around it.
I agree with that. But back 1 cancel pressure isn't as plus as 21. And the most you could get out if is b12 tele.
You do have b3 an f3 to go to as well.

Xzyj

Noob
I agree with that. But back 1 cancel pressure isn't as plus as 21. And the most you could get out if is b12 tele.
You do have b3 an f3 to go to as well.
not sure what you're talking about, b1 fbc animation is very fast and if your opponent used to you doing b12 cancels they will let your b1 fbc into another string go uncontested. More than that - if you hit with b1 fbc you have huge hit advantage (if you're fast enough you can even hitconfirm it into f4 combo), b12 fbc is also full combo confirmable (about 3-4 frame window), and you can always go for safe b121 into neutral, or b12 FA and b12 fbc poke.

It actually is. Now that the f2 has an overhead people are too afraid of eating over 30% rather then going with a risk for a full punish. It's a risk on both parts but the odds are way in your favor.
Well, I played a guy recently (Ninjutsu vs Ninjutsu) who just spammed F2 takedown. Well, I didn't want to eat the F2 and just blocked standing. for the 4th time I blocked low and I ate the F2. Haha.
That's really a noob hunter tool. :S

Without spamming it might be good to condition the opponent and distract it more (not only need to watch the F2 but the low/OH option too.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
For ninjutsu is the 214/21 takedown/212 a solid option to use in a match?
212 vs 21~takedown mixup is one that you want to use very sparingly obviously because the risk vs reward is certainly not in your favor but you will hit people occasionally, just dint use it too much or you will definitely get blown up

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
212 vs 21~takedown mixup is one that you want to use very sparingly obviously because the risk vs reward is certainly not in your favor but you will hit people occasionally, just dint use it too much or you will definitely get blown up
I figured it could work as 214 can be used to get some space and maybe hit confirmable into vortex and 212 is fairly safe on block as its -4 and the takedown is a risky one where it can put u in the okizeme position again

Matix218

Get over here!
I figured it could work as 214 can be used to get some space and maybe hit confirmable into vortex and 212 is fairly safe on block as its -4 and the takedown is a risky one where it can put u in the okizeme position again
Yeah it is definitely good for that purpose as long as you don't over use it IMO

For ninjutsu is the 214/21 takedown/212 a solid option to use in a match?
21 itself is good string being +2 on block. 214 is also +2 but has a gap, which can be armored/backdashed. 212 will beat any armor/backdash attempt & is safe on block. 21 xx Takdown isn't really necessary because the risk outweighs the reward. You either get a +15 KD or punished for 30%+ damage lol.

I try to avoid using Takedown unless it's guaranteed and I have no other option for full combo damage, e.g, against Liu Kang's B2 as a reversal.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
To those of you saying either "Scorpion isn't good" or "Scorpion is OP"

214 FBRC idealistically doesn't happen all the time. You can armor-reversal the move on guard if you get a read. The last hit of the string itself can be armored. It's just that when you play someone, there's a lot going on in a match. This is just all apart of reading and adapting.

Now, the D1 change was good because -9 for him actually did spell trouble especially at the state he was in (at the time).

What NRS basically did was change him into a frame trap/pressure character instead of a character who does FBRCs all day. He doesn't always get what he wants. With 1, 11, 21, 214 etc. Sort of like how Cammy is in SF except with an overhead (if you guys are familiar with her in the game). And yes, his takedown is +15 on hit, but it doesn't always spell trouble for the person being knockdown (although he still gets nice options from it). I think he is good as long as he stays in this state. He's more balanced out & fair. Not too powerful like doing mindless blockstrings but also very solid in the right hands.

Also, I had fun meeting some of you at Final Round. It was a blast chilling with you. I'm not on here as much as I was but I respond to Twitter & Facebook a lot if you want to add me. I'll be over at the Galaxy Arcades in Nashville, Yomi Gaming every once in a while. Also, I will see you guys in April if you go to the GA event. Hopefully EVO this year also. :)
Uhhh...214fbrc jails into another 214,b3 and others. Considering how good 21 is as a stagger string (21 followed with a b12 is really hard to poke out of), the ridiculous damage he has even meterless, +18 adv standing reset after virtually any combo, increased chip due to flame aura, broken jump in kick, 6 frame poke, guaranteed vortex after 123fbrc, 214fbrc, f3 fbrc on BLOCK, and the most ridiculous, a +5 dash cancel on BLOCK( 214,123,21,f3 fbdc followed up with a b12 cannot be poked out of by majority of the cast) and you've an almost OP pressure character, definitely the best in the game at this point.