What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters
Oh I 100% agree with you on the pokes/strings helping him, I thought you meant f2 takedown only lol
Yeah, he was just weak everywhere but a really specific mid-range point at certain times pre-patch. Now I feel like he's got strong options everywhere but long and max range in Ninj.

Hellfire is at least %50 better now too after they fixed his airborne combo jank and sped up his dollar-menu.

how did ex tele get buffed?
In most of his combos it re-launches instead of KD. A little more damage, throw cancel, positioning, doesn't whiff and put you at negative frames for using it anymore, etc.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah, he was just weak everywhere but a really specific mid-range point at certain times pre-patch. Now I feel like he's got strong options everywhere but long and max range in Ninj.

Hellfire is at least %50 better now too after they fixed his airborne combo jank and sped up his dollar-menu.

In most of his combos it re-launches instead of KD. A little more damage, throw cancel, positioning, doesn't whiff and put you at negative frames for using it anymore, etc.
what u mean, u can use ex tele twice in a row? what u mean by throw cancel? whats that got to do with ex tele?

Krabman

Noob
Nah its not that crazy man, if they read f2 takedown you are still eating a full combo. B4 should have always been safe so im glad they at least did that but imo ninjutsu is still his 2nd best overall variation with hellfire being the strongest. Yes, ninjutsu shreds armor better than ever but the f2 vs f2~takedown is not a game changer like people think it is.
It actually is. Now that the f2 has an overhead people are too afraid of eating over 30% rather then going with a risk for a full punish. It's a risk on both parts but the odds are way in your favor.

Matix218

Get over here!
It actually is. Now that the f2 has an overhead people are too afraid of eating over 30% rather then going with a risk for a full punish. It's a risk on both parts but the odds are way in your favor.
If they read takedown scorpion is eating over 30 % so it is not like the risk is overwhelmingly in scorpions favor. Plus scorpion loses his turn if they just block a regular f2 in ninjutsu so its not like he can just keep doing it.

So I have to ask, how has Scorpion changed since the game came out? I took a hiatus from MKX for a long time and played Ermac back then. Scorpion has always been my favorite MK character and would like to play him full time. thoughts? Is there a thread on here that goes into details of his weaknesses and strengths?

Krabman

Noob
With the faster stand 3 it's a lot easier to convert a f3 at max range. I'm starting to think Hellfire has the best offense in the game. Behind the right player that can really master all of the viable cancels this character is absolutely devastating.

Matix218

Get over here!
With the faster stand 3 it's a lot easier to convert a f3 at max range. I'm starting to think Hellfire has the best offense in the game. Behind the right player that can really master all of the viable cancels this character is absolutely devastating.
I don't know about best offense in the game, but yeah with flawless fbrc execution he is pretty nasty. I don't have the execution to play him at his max potential that is for sure...

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I wouldn't go that far, he still struggles against pressure characters due to takedown being his only standing armor option
Armor is the only thing keeping him from top? His teleport goes through gaps right?
I'm still trying to understand all the patches that happen since I was gone for a long time. I just learned the hard way that Cassie no longer has an armored flip...

Matix218

Get over here!
Armor is the only thing keeping him from top? His teleport goes through gaps right?
I'm still trying to understand all the patches that happen since I was gone for a long time. I just learned the hard way that Cassie no longer has an armored flip...
His teleport is too slow to go through gaps and it only has armor on wakeup.

Matix218

Get over here!
But doesn't it significantly move his hitbox back? I get Scorpion players doing EX Tele in the neutral blowing me up all the time.
Ex teleport has 21 frames of startup iirc. Given that it has no armor when done standing there is no way you would be able to do it in a tiny string gap without getting stuffed.

If you are getting hit in neutral by ex teleport you either started a move that you whiffed and the scorpion ex teleported to whiff punish or you threw a projectile that recovers slowly and he punished you on reaction.

It is a great tool that must be respected, don't get me wrong, but you can obviously blow it up if you scout it and there is no way it will get out in a tiny string gap without getting stuffed

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I keep trying to press buttons with Jax to keep the pressure on because I KNOW if hellfire Scorp gets his turn, it's going to be bad lol.
How do I deal with the cancelled teleport? It seems to have really low whiff recovery because I get blown the f up every time I try and press buttons first.

Matix218

Get over here!
I keep trying to press buttons with Jax to keep the pressure on because I KNOW if hellfire Scorp gets his turn, it's going to be bad lol.
How do I deal with the cancelled teleport? It seems to have really low whiff recovery because I get blown the f up every time I try and press buttons first.
Cancelled teleport is minus enough to be full combo punished but the issue is you kind of have to predict that they will cancel it because normally when you see him leave the screen (especially ex teleport) your instinct is to hold block. When you hold block for those couple extra frames you lose your advantage and scorp has a 6 frame d1 do That is why it often works especially when used sparingly. That is the reason why you can often get away with empty teleport into pressure. But realistically you should at least be able to poke and if you are expecting cancelled teleport you could even full combo punish.

Brian5524_

"I will rip out your throat!"
He gets 41%off his 6F JK into 50/50 restand, when grabbed he gets 14%... When blocked low you eat 5-6% chip that's -8...... What the hell NRS? To top that, he's (+) off of 21 and 214 which can be used for dumb META. But buff Shinnok! :DOGE

Brian5524_

"I will rip out your throat!"
Maybe i over reacted with the broke as s***, but why does he get all this for doing virtually nothing. ;-;