What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters

Kim0z

Noob
Recently I have picked up Scorpion and I have a question regarding his combos, when I do 2-1-4 then teleport then 2-1, what is the exact timing that I should use in order to input the 2 after the teleport, should I buffer it in the ending frames of the teleport or should I just wait for the teleport animation to finish? Cuz no matter how many times I tried to do that online the combo gets dropped.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
Recently I have picked up Scorpion and I have a question regarding his combos, when I do 2-1-4 then teleport then 2-1, what is the exact timing that I should use in order to input the 2 after the teleport, should I buffer it in the ending frames of the teleport or should I just wait for the teleport animation to finish? Cuz no matter how many times I tried to do that online the combo gets dropped.
Hey man, what i do is keep an eye on scorpions feet. As soon as the tele finishes, the moment he has both feet on the ground, you can enter the 21. Sounds weird, but it works for me :confused:

Kim0z

Noob
Hey man, what i do is keep an eye on scorpions feet. As soon as the tele finishes, the moment he has both feet on the ground, you can enter the 21. Sounds weird, but it works for me :confused:
I will try to do that, thanks for the advice.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Just a short video showing what can lead to a guaranteed ex hellfire. Sub Zero is set to wake up Icy Slide.

The most useful imo is b121. My reasoning being it's a good way to increase the damage on his fastest mid string. You can b12 fbc into whatever or b121 for a pretty safe mixup and can at least net some extra damage if the last hit of b121 hits.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Just a short video showing what can lead to a guaranteed ex hellfire. Sub Zero is set to wake up Icy Slide.

The most useful imo is b121. My reasoning being it's a good way to increase the damage on his fastest mid string. You can b12 fbc into whatever or b121 for a pretty safe mixup and can at least net some extra damage if the last hit of b121 hits.
Hey remember tech rolls? :DOGE

EMPEROR__SHONUFF

EMPR SHONUFF
214xx tele 214 ex mininon grab works now. Strict but it works. 41% 16 hits. Scorp already has great meter management so if you need that damage and can hit it consistently, you're good money.

Last edited:

Xzyj

Noob
I wonder why no one mentioned that yet.
Recent patch nerfed hellfire scorpion pretty hard. How so? - Side nerf.
They fixed option selects by making same timing for specials to come out on block and on hit, and Scorpion got his fireball cancels moved to the block cancel timing. That means - if previously you could do b12 and have about 4 frame window to connect 214 for fullcombo, now it's a 1 frame link. If previously connection b3 fbc b12 FA was pretty consistant, now it's a pain in the ass to connect sometimes, same goes for f3 fbc combos.

I guess now you have to check lowprofiling by b1 fbc instead of b12 fbc, because of bigger hit advantage and possibility to get a combo after succesfull check, and probably more b3 -ex spear usage. But it's making me super sad, i'm okay with relearning all the cancel timings over again, but having worse hit advantage on cancels probably going to make a huge difference in matches.

Matix218

Get over here!
They fixed option selects by making same timing for specials to come out on block and on hit, and Scorpion got his fireball cancels moved to the block cancel timing. That means - if previously you could do b12 and have about 4 frame window to connect 214 for fullcombo, now it's a 1 frame link. If previously connection b3 fbc b12 FA was pretty consistant, now it's a pain in the ass to connect sometimes, same goes for f3 fbc combos.

I guess now you have to check lowprofiling by b1 fbc instead of b12 fbc, because of bigger hit advantage and possibility to get a combo after succesfull check, and probably more b3 -ex spear usage. But it's making me super sad, i'm okay with relearning all the cancel timings over again, but having worse hit advantage on cancels probably going to make a huge difference in matches.
B3, fbrc, 214 still seems to connect consistently, the only time I miss it is when I make an execution mistake on the fbrc

MAN0

DevilApes

I have no such issues after hotfix patch, all fbc's work like before.

MAN0

DevilApes
Steam ver will get the hotfix don't worry.

For now you can still hitconfirm b3fbc & f3fbc into combos, you just have to delay the block button after f,f to work.

EMPEROR__SHONUFF

EMPR SHONUFF
Inferno needs a buff. I love scorp to death but he needs something in this variation. Idk why the air minion is negative on hit, like that makes no fuckin sense to me. The start up could be better on all of them or something. An he definitely needs better buttons. That f2 nerf/buff was unnecessary.

Thoughts?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Inferno needs a buff. I love scorp to death but he needs something in this variation. Idk why the air minion is negative on hit, like that makes no fuckin sense to me. The start up could be better on all of them or something. An he definitely needs better buttons. That f2 nerf/buff was unnecessary.

Thoughts?
Overhead minion is not negative on hit. In fact, the frame data for all of Inferno's minions is incorrect except Minion Grab and the EX version. Granted, it still doesn't really give enough advantage on the overhead minion to really do anything with it on hit currently.

I would personally make all of the EX minions faster, make the EX mid minion safe on block, and at bare minimum give him armor on the EX low minion.

But alas, some sadist at NRS keeps insisting that EX Takedown is a good move, so the armor buff is wishful thinking....

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
Anyone else feel like Ninjutsu is still underrepresented? Since he got his damage buffed in the last patch, I'd say it's his best variation IMO. He has unreal footsies, decent damage, and blows up armored wakeups. I even think he's the easiest variation to use, and helps develop you as a player, as you get to learn footsies, whiff punishing, and how to use throws. Yet, Inferno remains the online scrub's champion and Hellfire seems to be preferred by the better players (despite its nerfs). What gives?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Ninjutsu is under represented in terms of tournament play but every Scorpion player I've spoken to thinks it might be his best variation. Personally I still think Hellfire is the better overall, I use Ninjutsu for specific match ups; Kung Lao for example as having the extra range is more useful.

Inferno is still the easiest to use and has the biggest yolo factor, which is why I think it's still used the most on line. The other two variations require a lot more work.

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
I agree inferno has the biggest yolo factor, i guess online players tend to ignore neutral, so that makes sense. I picked up ninjutsu scorpion this summer and within two weeks felt confident enough to use him in online tournaments. Maybe he just clicked with me, but he seemed super easy to pickup and understand.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I've definitely warmed up to Ninjutsu since VSFighting and even if I only intended to use it as a counterpick for one matchup, I often find myself sticking to it for subsequent matches if I feel I'm riding my momentum well.

I think there's too many gray areas to say that it's decisively better than Hellfire right now though, there's plenty of things I miss both ways when I play either variation.

But it probably has a good chance of becoming the base variation of choice for a lot of Scorp players, if it hasn't already, myself included, we'll have to wait and see.

Matix218

Get over here!
I agree inferno has the biggest yolo factor, i guess online players tend to ignore neutral, so that makes sense. I picked up ninjutsu scorpion this summer and within two weeks felt confident enough to use him in online tournaments. Maybe he just clicked with me, but he seemed super easy to pickup and understand.
In addition to the Yolo factor it is also the fact that lag makes his minions much harder to react to which is also a buff for inferno online. Imo there is no reason to use inferno offline against real competition at all. You will rarely catch anyone with a low minion offline and you sure as he'll are not going to zone anyone out by any means and IMO hellfire does the damage/mixup game much better in addition to having better pressure. And Ninjitsu clearly does footsies and neutral much much better so I really don't see a use for using inferno offline in a tournament setting. I do think that the minions are cool looking though!