What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin General Discussion Thread

Mahjunia

Noob
@Mahjunia and @SOLEdier = are you guys talking about just corner combos in general or when you are in the corner and you want to get out ?
Corner combos in general without or with bar, all the bnbs in general if possible.

Also I have another question is there any high damage combo starting with Exbf4? I managed to get 28% if I'm not wrong... but I don't see it worthy at all for 1bar.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
So not sure if this has been discussed/discovered before or not but I just accidentally did the reflect when Tempest Lao was running at me with the hat spinning around him and it turns out that you CAN actually reflect it back and make it hit him instead. Thought it was something that was pretty cool. #themoreyouknow

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
So not sure if this has been discussed/discovered before or not but I just accidentally did the reflect when Tempest Lao was running at me with the hat spinning around him and it turns out that you CAN actually reflect it back and make it hit him instead. Thought it was something that was pretty cool. #themoreyouknow
Really now ?

Ohh man imma have to def learn this, so this prob has the potential to shut down orbit tick throw and orbit f11( I think that's the command) attempts right

Xev

Noob
Whaaaaat?? That's amazing. I never even thought of that.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Curious what the EX Reflect would do as Lao is rushing towards you with the orbiting hat...

hey guys, whats your combo off b3? i saw hayatei combo b3 mid sword drop then call and it combos, to d1, 21, bf2. is there a trick to it? thanks!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
hey guys, whats your combo off b3? i saw hayatei combo b3 mid sword drop then call and it combos, to d1, 21, bf2. is there a trick to it? thanks!
i believe if you mean the non meter combo, theres is a slight delay when you do blade call. its something you just have to feel out tbh.

SnowboardRX

Curious what the EX Reflect would do as Lao is rushing towards you with the orbiting hat...
It absorbs the hat for some life just like it does when you use it against any other projectile however it puts you at a disadvantage in frames (because the active frames take forever) so it'd be very useless to use. Actually, even after playing around with the normal reflect against Tempest, because the active frames for it take a while, it still leaves them at an advantage against you. The only thing you really get is an element of surprise because I don't think the random Lao is expecting it.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
It absorbs the hat for some life just like it does when you use it against any other projectile however it puts you at a disadvantage in frames (because the active frames take forever) so it'd be very useless to use. Actually, even after playing around with the normal reflect against Tempest, because the active frames for it take a while, it still leaves them at an advantage against you. The only thing you really get is an element of surprise because I don't think the random Lao is expecting it.
wait , so even on hit when you reflect the hat - KL still recovers quicker than takeda?

SnowboardRX

wait , so even on hit when you reflect the hat - KL still recovers quicker than takeda?
Yup. You can D1 right after and maybe beat him out but if it came down to frame perfect timing, he'll win with his fastest move. Reason being because the active frames on reflect take forever and him already being in front of you, it seems he recovers quicker from the hit. I'll double check again when I get a chance but the last time I labbed it, KL was still at a bit of an advantage.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Yup. You can D1 right after and maybe beat him out but if it came down to frame perfect timing, he'll win with his fastest move. Reason being because the active frames on reflect take forever and him already being in front of you, it seems he recovers quicker from the hit. I'll double check again when I get a chance but the last time I labbed it, KL was still at a bit of an advantage.

damn - but yeah it does make sense. reflect has a long duration. i its good though since if you make a read before a projectile is thrown it still can cover it..

still good we can random check KL with this sometimes.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Was playing around with Ronin today and caught a lot of opponents off guard with this B21 Tornado Strike setup..

This works best against those who are already blocking the B21 string (although Jax did not block in the video, I had already committed to the setup).

As always Tornado Strike is safe on block.. I usually mix in the following options after the Tornado Strike:

NJP
Block
(if they like to EX punish)

D1 not viable as your -6 and your D1 is 8frame start up

Last edited:

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Anyone have any optimal meter less and 1 bar corner combos for Ronin that keep your opponent in the corner?
B21, exbf2, njp, jip,jik,21 df3. It does around 33-35% iirc and it leaves them standing. The laser leaves you at advantage too. I do that or instead of b21 ex bf2 ill do b21 2+4 and then ex blade recall if it hits.

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
i think the opponent can block the bf2 there, so if you want to attempt a reset id go for blade drop ex blade call instead
I still have to test these, most prolly you are right, but who would expect that there's a gap :D

EDIT: yep, it's blockable :<

Last edited:

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Was playing around with Ronin today and caught a lot of opponents off guard with this B21 Tornado Strike setup..

This works best against those who are already blocking the B21 string (although Jax did not block in the video, I had already committed to the setup).

As always Tornado Strike is safe on block.. I usually mix in the following options after the Tornado Strike:

NJP
D1
Block (if they like to EX punish)

I wouldn't go for a D1 after the tornado strike on block because your -6 and your D1 is 8frame start up meaning your D1 would come out in 14frames so no don't do that. Especially if you playing someone who knows what their doing you will get punished everytime. Although saying that i have noticed that the tornado strike has amazing recovery frames on whiff- so whiffing it on purpose then going for a NJP1 is +2 and take it from there.