What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin General Discussion Thread

I was curious if people had a list of combos they typically go for with Ronin? I think my main problem with ronin atm is knowing what combo to do when. Also when I hit people with a weird part of my string and they either fall out or I get sub optimal damage

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
where are the gaps in that string he kept killing everyone with?
After b21 2+4 blade drop you can armor before his f1 comes out or backdash if your backdash is good. However he was smart and sometimes would EX blade call instead to break the armor and get a full combo.

After F12 2+4 blade call he is plus but there is still the opportunity to armor or backdash.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
After b21 2+4 blade drop you can armor before his f1 comes out or backdash if your backdash is good. However he was smart and sometimes would EX blade call instead to break the armor and get a full combo.

After F12 2+4 blade call he is plus but there is still the opportunity to armor or backdash.
After f12 2+4 BC is he plus after the whole string or the first whip?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
After f12 2+4 BC is he plus after the whole string or the first whip?
It doesnt matter when you blade call off the string, its always plus. Its just easier execution wise to cancel after the 1st hit of the string.

Reactions: STK

STK

It doesnt matter when you blade call off the string, its always plus. Its just easier execution wise to cancel after the 1st hit of the string.
Ok. I just realized you said blade call. so only when the sword is already on the ground and you do the string into where it comes back are you plus?

hayatei

Noob
Ok. I just realized you said blade call. so only when the sword is already on the ground and you do the string into where it comes back are you plus?
ya, check out redraptor takeda guide, it has some of the frame data in there

I like to quick call of first hit of f12+4 because theres less pushback, makes run into throw harder to react to than 2nd hit cancel

I think that cancel is +6 and 2nd hit is around +8/+9

Last edited:

STK

I like to quick call of first hit of f12+4 because theres less pushback, makes run into throw harder to react to than 2nd hit cancel

Thanks.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882

What about on the 2nd hit? Does it create a Quan chi situation, meaning a hard to block oh and low?

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Not even armoured moves will work?
Some armor will work in some situations. Blade Kall is a really inconsistent move. Go into the lab with your character's armor and mess around with some different scenarios. Blade Kall is -8 or -9, btw. I think the in-game frame data is still wrong.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Anyone have any optimal meter less and 1 bar corner combos for Ronin that keep your opponent in the corner?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Anyone have any optimal meter less and 1 bar corner combos for Ronin that keep your opponent in the corner?

here some i was testing a while back but i dont think they are optimal
more like just experimenting seeing what i could come up with .

i think i have some with the b11 starter aswell but i cant seem to find the video- dont think i finished it . might be on my work computer

oh and if you can pull off a NJP theres also

NJP run under 21 exbf2 jip 44 df2 - 35% one bar
Njp run under 21 exbf2 jip d2 bkthrow - 36% one bar

Last edited:

Mahjunia

Noob
Hey boys been searching through all the thread, found some Bnbs on page11 but I haven't found any corner bnbs. I would aappreciate the inputs since the videos don't show them at all. Thanks guys this char is hilarious