What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin General Discussion Thread

Adorkable_Psycho

Hands Quicker Than The Eye Boi!
I like to end all combos with the df3 projectile for the restand and the 50/50 anywhere on the stage or continued pressure.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
I couldn't find any combos starting with B3, so I made a combo video! This is day zero Takeda, if you have ideas on how the combos can be improved, let me know.

Most of these are two bar combos

B3~BF2 MB, B2~DB1, EX DB1, 21~BF2 21 hits 38%
Corner
B3~BF2 MB, NJP, JIP, 21~DB1B, EX DB1, D2 15 hits 39%
B3~BF2 MB, 21~DB1B, EX DB1, NJP, RC, D2 14 hits 41%

B3~EX BF4B, RC, 21~DB1, EX DB1, 21~BF2 16 hits 37%
Corner
B3~EX BF4B, NJP, JIP, 1, 21~DB1, EX DB1, NJP 10 hits 33%
B3~EX BF4B, NJP, JIP, 21~DB1, EX DB1, D2 9 hits 35%

Corner
B3~EX BF4, RC, 21~DB1, EX DB1, 21~BF2 16 hits 37%
B3~EX BF4, RC, 21~DB1, EX DB1, RC, D2 7 hits 34%
B3~EX BF4, RC, 21~DB1, EX DB1, Grab 10 hits 33%
B3~EX BF4, RC, 21~DB1, EX DB1, RC, 21~BF2 16 hits 37% This combo repeats, I threw in a run cancel to maintain corner advantage.

Interactabe
Swing, 21~DB1, EX DB1, 21~BF2 17 hits 31%
Swing, 21~DB1, EX DB1, 21~BF2 MB, D2 15 hits 35%
Swing, 21~DB1, EX DB1, 21~BF2 MB, RC, 212 17 hits 35%

Here goes a b3 combo with a meterless blade launch. Haha

It only works off a jump in 2!!

ji2b3xdb1(mid)db1 njp 21 df3 its like 31 percent

Last edited:

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
Here goes a b3 combo with a meterless blade launch. Haha

It only works off a jump in 2!!

ji2b3xdb1(mid)db1 njp 21 df3 its like 31 percent
you can do this combo without the jumpin, it just requires slight adjustment you can also do a b21 variant where you do

b21/b3 db1, db1, d1, 21, df3

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
I don't think that exists (without db3 shenanigans). Why are you looking for specifically 35%? Last time I checked, 32% (j2,b3xxdb1db1,njp,f21xxdf1) was the highest.

im searching for pressure , and high combos meterless , but i love Takeda and i can dig his meterless combos even if they hardly cros the 30% line.
thanks bro

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Any tips about countering Ronin pressure?

I'm not too experienced in this matchup, and still have some doubts about how to escape without using meter from b212+4xxdb1, f12+4xxdf1 pressure. thanks for the answers

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Any tips about countering Ronin pressure?

I'm not too experienced in this matchup, and still have some doubts about how to escape without using meter from b212+4xxdb1, f12+4xxdf1 pressure. thanks for the answers
Blade call and ex blade call is -5. You can poke if you block either of those. When do you use your armor?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Blade call and ex blade call is -5. You can poke if you block either of those. When do you use your armor?
I know blade call leaves takeda at disadvantage, but what my opponents usually do doesn't involvw that move. They only do blade drop or df1, I don't remember the name of the move. They seem to be very plus all the time.

I use armor after they do blade drop or df1, I don't know of any other way to stop their pressure

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
I know blade call leaves takeda at disadvantage, but what my opponents usually do doesn't involvw that move. They only do blade drop or df1, I don't remember the name of the move. They seem to be very plus all the time.

I use armor after they do blade drop or df1, I don't know of any other way to stop their pressure
Df1, you mean quick blade call. You can poke after that. Takeda's next options are f1 (8 frame startup), b2 (11 frame startup) and d3 (12 frame startup). So if you play a character with a 6/7 frame poke (jax, quan) you can poke out.
Can't poke after blade drop though, not that I am aware of.

I admit Ronin's pressure gets a gdlk buff online, your only option might be armor online.

Last edited:

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine

d1 or armor are the best options based options based on your character, I think some reversal specials also work