What's new

Question pressure characters...not worth it?

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
whats the point of playing characters like liu kang or cage with constant cancels if u get blown up by armors when not frame perfect? also they are not even that good as they get blown up by zoners... so y would u bet all on being in ur opponent's face with the constant fear of screwing up? shouldn't you be 100% sure of ur character?

Assuming this is a serious question. Cage and Liu Kang have methods of getting in on zoners who leave holes in their defenses. Liu Kang does have to be Frame perfect for f213 to jail into itself, but that isn't the entire scope of his offense.

Cage and Liu can both break armor, Cage will lock down off of multiple strings. Essentially once Cage gets within sweep distance he's just 1 F3 away from pushing you into the corner and making you guess between an overhead, d4, 113 or a throw.

Neither are bad characters in any way.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
In a game known as MKX or any game with NRS. You'll never be allowed to be 100% sure of anything.

Breathing hitboxes
Mids not being mids
Random low profiles
Variable safeness depending on distance on block.
Alien glitch
Klone not working properly
Breathing hitboxes
Female hitbox es
Was the opponent stand or crouch blocking this?

As far as your question. This game is based on rush down and armor. Johnny cage has a high execution barrier but when mastered he is simply

That damn good.

Liu Kang when perfected. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha. That damn good.

As for being armored.. you say that as if cage and kang don't have armor themselves. And with advancing miss and armor, 50/50s, and a run button, zoning isn't too good in this game. Zoning is is just solid best.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
don't think they have enough glitches to not be worth it. if u need proof look at zyphox or xarakamaka or djt.
every game has glitches. this game only has 1 game breaking glitch currently. not too bad IMO

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Assuming this is a serious question. Cage and Liu Kang have methods of getting in on zoners who leave holes in their defenses. Liu Kang does have to be Frame perfect for f213 to jail into itself, but that isn't the entire scope of his offense.

Cage and Liu can both break armor, Cage will lock down off of multiple strings. Essentially once Cage gets within sweep distance he's just 1 F3 away from pushing you into the corner and making you guess between an overhead, d4, 113 or a throw.

Neither are bad characters in any way.
Basically this, minus 113 being an option. Seriously people. If you're gonna talk or complain about Cage, get the facts straight.

Regardless, every character can get blown up if you're not dead on with your execution, reads, etc. It's the nature of the game. You can accomplish great offense with pressure characters, so you grind and you practice and you either get up to 100% consistency or you make mistakes and you, and to quote a good friend, "learn from this".

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Kang does not get blown up by zoners. Also i mean, its fun to jail with Kang and i cant speak for cage but I think i have an idea of what im talking about (i main kang) but they f2,1,3 usually will break armor too if it is slow and you can bait armor by just completely blocking after say a few f2,1,3 strings. Idk i love kang even after the nerfs and the instant air fireball combos are amazing. Also running and blocking is an option but if you really wanted to, ex dragon kick. Full screen armored move but the armor runs out about half screen

I play some A List and I don't have (and never will) the ability to make him jail vs armor.

21 after f34 cancel smashes alot of armor though. Play around it if you can.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
whats the point of playing characters like liu kang or cage with constant cancels if u get blown up by armors when not frame perfect? also they are not even that good as they get blown up by zoners... so y would u bet all on being in ur opponent's face with the constant fear of screwing up? shouldn't you be 100% sure of ur character?
I read this...

What's the point of learning pressure characters that aren't completely brain dead?