What's new

PR Balrog gives us his thoughts on INJUSTICE, patches and does he agree with Filipino Champ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite certain that most top players from MK9 in Injustice have been clamouring for a 5v5 for some time now. Who from Capcom has stepped up?
You changed the topic from MK9 to Injustice.
However. Maybe they're practicing for CEO and EVO to be prepared for their own games, where the actual money is at?

Mk9 has not been patched in over a year. SFXT has been patched more recently
Did you expect them to pick up MK9 again? No one cares about SFxT, let's drop that.

As I said, Injustice was your chance. MK players are showing up and placing...where the fuck are the capcom players?
There are Capcom players who picked up the game. Not the biggest names, but some of them did and are doing well for now.
People on TYM don't seem to acknowledge the fact that it's pretty damn hard to play multiple fighting games at a high level. Why not? Watching too much Chris G and thinking it would always be that easy? It's not that easy.
Explain to me why most of them should drop their games to body your ass in Injustice? That's a stupid question as it stands there. All of the hate is just talk and that talk can't compare to the money and the sponsors involved in Capcom fighters. They're not picking up Injustice, because they invest their time in Capcom fighters for the actual money and not because they're afraid you would body their asses.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Uh before the final build is during the lifespan of the game. All i said is here was relevang during the life span of MK. No MK player has ever been relevant at any point during any capcom game.

lmao no one ever went into a MK tournament fearing Justin Wong. So, I guess if you want to call that relevant...I placed first at a local. I was relevant as well then.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You changed the topic from MK9 to Injustice.
However. Maybe they're practicing for CEO and EVO to be prepared for their own games, where the actual money is at?

Did you expect them to pick up MK9 again? No one cares about SFxT, let's drop that.

There are Capcom players who picked up the game. Not the biggest names, but some of them did and are doing well for now.
People on TYM don't seem to acknowledge the fact that it's pretty damn hard to play multiple fighting games at a high level. Why not? Watching too much Chris G and thinking it would always be that easy? It's not that easy.
Explain to me why most of them should drop their games to body your ass in Injustice? That's a stupid question as it stands there. All of the hate is just talk and that talk can't compare to the money and the sponsors involved in Capcom fighters. They're not picking up Injustice, because they invest their time in Capcom fighters for the actual money and not because they're afraid you would body their asses.
If it's all about money...where were they at MLG?

Also, if your argument is that Top Capcom players did not place well in MK9 and injustice so far, then let me just reflect that back at you.

Top Mk9 players have not placed well because they are playing 2 fighting games currently as well. You can't argue that side and then not have it apply to the MK players as well.

jaym7018

Noob
I am quite certain that most top players from MK9 in Injustice have been clamouring for a 5v5 for some time now. Who from Capcom has stepped up?

Mk9 has not been patched in over a year. SFXT has been patched more recently.

As I said, Injustice was your chance. MK players are showing up and placing...where the fuck are the capcom players?
Way to ignore the other half of the argument. Where the fuck haz the MK players been the last 20 years of capcom games? There areplenty of instances where capcom players have done well at NRS games. In 20 years not once has a MK player done a god damn fhing in a capcom game.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Did you win 10k dollars at your local?

No I won like...40 bucks.

That tournament meant just as much in the lifespan of MK9 as Justin Wongs Victory.

As I said above. If it's all about the money...where were they for MLG...Over 30k up for grabs. Surely that would have caught the almighty Wong's attention if it was in fact all about the money.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Way to ignore the other half of the argument. Where the fuck haz the MK players been the last 20 years of capcom games? There areplenty of instances where capcom players have done well at NRS games. In 20 years not once has a MK player done a god damn fhing in a capcom game.

You do realize Chris G started with UMK3 right?

lmao no one ever went into a MK tournament fearing Justin Wong. So, I guess if you want to call that relevant...I placed first at a local. I was relevant as well then.
Did you win good money during that local?
Chris G and Justin Wong did, when it came to MK9 tournaments. That's more the MK9 community has done when it comes to Capcom fighters.

That itself is a victory for them.

Top Mk9 players have not placed well because they are playing 2 fighting games currently as well. You can't argue that side and then not have it apply to the MK players as well.
Tell me, how many people who participated in Injustice did also participate during the ETC tournament?
Not that many.
Chris G is a Capcom player and he has won Injustice money. So did JRosa. So did Rico Suave. They're already making more impact in Injustice than any MK9 player ever has in Capcom fighters and ever will.

Respect that.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Did you win good money during that local?
Chris G and Justin Wong did, when it came to MK9 tournaments. That's more the MK9 community has done when it comes to Capcom fighters.

That itself is a victory for them.

Tell me, how many people who participated in Injustice did also participate during the ETC tournament?
Not that many.
Chris G is a Capcom player and he has won Injustice money. So did JRosa. So did Rico Suave. They're already making more impact in Injustice than any MK9 player ever has in Capcom fighters and ever will.

Respect that.

Chris G is a MK player. He always has been. Oh cool, did Rico get 9th? Pretty sure CD Jr just did in SFXT recently...

haketh

Noob
Are people really using Wong getting Top 8 ONCE in Tekken years ago as proof of him being good at non 2D FGs? Really? You'd be better off with examples of Sanford and Tokido. SMH bunch of kids talking like they know.

Chris G is a MK player. He always has been. Oh cool, did Rico get 9th? Pretty sure CD Jr just did in SFXT recently...
Chris G started off as a Smash Bros player as far as I know and he has put the entire MK community on blast. He is also most well known for Capcom fighters, mainly UMVC3 and not for MK. Rumors said that he never actually owned a MK9 copy.

And no, Rico Suave did better than that. Much better :-7 Some consider him having the best Black Adam :-7

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Chris G started off as a Smash Bros player as far as I know and he has put the entire MK community on blast. He is also most well known for Capcom fighters, mainly UMVC3 and not for MK. Rumors said that he never actually owned a MK9 copy.

And no, Rico Suave did better than that. Much better :-7 Some consider him having the best Black Adam :-7

He just placed first at a local I see.

Cool, I look forward to seeing how well they do at a major.

Hmmm...last I checked Chris G played UMK3...Smash Bros came out when again? :p

Anyways I just killed an hour out of my work day. Always a pleasure catering to the trolls. Have a great day gents.

WONG RULES!!!!

jaym7018

Noob
Are people really using Wong getting Top 8 ONCE in Tekken years ago as proof of him being good at non 2D FGs? Really? You'd be better off with examples of Sanford and Tokido. SMH bunch of kids talking like they know.

You are right my bad he trippef fell and slipped and got top 8 in EVO at Tekken. You said hes only good at 2d games, thats obviously bullshit. Kids these days. Smh

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MK was also built on arcade foundation, it started out there and then made it's way to console for the guy who said that. Just ask guys like shock, dreammer etc.

@ Jaym7018

What do you mean who cares? lmao...don't you realize that MKL helps bring attention to the game and vice versa or are you that blind? Not to mention as a company WB>>>>Capcom by MILES...I didn't see nearly as much promotion for SF4 as I did for MK9 when it came out because WB don't mess around. Unlike Midway, who rushed their games and had little to no promotion. WB knows the drill.

Also, Where were you in 2011 when MKL And MK9's trailer came out back to back days creating ridiculous hype for MK in general? Yet coincidentally had nothing to do with one another as Boon even confirmed. Where as SF has nothing to help it's cause outside of "tournaments" woahh because just tournaments define a games success alone right? lol Seriously with SF, outside of what a few animes besides the games what do they have? pffttt at least MK has that and then some to attract people. Besides you want to say "that has nothing to do with games and it's players" ok, neither does "who has the bigger wallet in gaming" Dude, nobody cares who's made the most money in gaming...most of these guys aren't even sponsored players(some of them are but not all). I mean if you want to go there, my boy Swoozie who I know personally has more dough then anyone you listed from the CC with literally a few MK wins but again, who cares? Money isn't everything, most people compete to support the game and get noticed. Period. Money again, is a mere bonus. Both communities have great players, there is no "better" unless you mean NRS players are better in MK and Injustice and Capcom are better in SF/MVC which is obvious. Seriously though, to say something like "Capcom players are better then MK players in games" is arguably the most retarded, biased comment I've heard in a while especially when it's not true.

As for REO, just because you and one other guy in here want to downplay REO and the MKC that's your problem, the guy has still had success which everyone here has to admit. I've played him in MK9 and UMK3, he is a solid player and am happy to say I competed against him among few others. Where as you Capcom guys talking smack probably wouldn't get past the first round in MK or Injustice I'd wager. I knew who Tom Brady was due to DOA actually, and again I happen to be personal friends with a top DOA player Swoozie. I've also worked with the guy. Who cares about Japan? lol This is Evo and America we're talking about...we can say the same thing about those supposed "Capcom gods" which few people already posted them losing so I don't know why you're trying to downplay MK players wins. All it does is make you and the community you support look jealous, silly and desperate.

jaym7018

Noob
Im not downplaying Reo dudes amazing at MK and looks to be following those same footprints in Injustice. But im not delusional like his dick riders are saying hes a top 5 FG player in the world. He has done absolutely shit outside of what is in reality a finy community that seems to enjoy living in it nearly irrelevant bubble.

Oogalord

Noob
Balrog is a great player and a pretty cool guy. i wish we saw more crossover between MK players and Capcom players (on the Capcom game side) at tourneys because there's alot of it in the general FGC.

i told myself i would stick to SFXT until MK10, but i swear to god Capcom players play like bitches. Capcom games have their own kind of cheese, and what drew me to MK9 was how easy it was to punish cheese.i haven't had the chance to face much human competition in Injustice yet but i'm hoping that's still the case.

In terms of the rivarly between the two communities:
Capcom players play like turtles and cowards.
NRS players ragequit.

MKF30

REO obviously isn't the only MK player obviously or talented, there's Tom, CD and PL...they can't be ignored among many others...When I had the chance to play him..I've held my own or did alright vs. him online I just don't have the luxury of time or money to travel all over the place, but point is I can't see why you guys would try to discredit the guy among other MK guys in general who are solid players. My point is we can easily say the same about Capcom players in MK and else where. But who cares? I personally don't like dickriding anyone or do such, just logic vs. illogical but I also don't approve of pointless hate either.

I love how you guys feed the trolls, please continue to reply to them.
lol, personally I try not to go too crazy sadly these threads in general attract them like a moth to the flame. Everyone has an opinion, and apparently feels strongly about it.

lol, personally I try not to go too crazy sadly these threads in general attract them like a moth to the flame. Everyone has an opinion, and apparently feels strongly about it.
So did you, before they banned you from Comicvine, because no one was able to handle your opinion anymore.

jaym7018

Noob
REO obviously isn't the only MK player obviously or talented, I've held my own or did alright vs. him online I just don't have the luxury of time or money to travel all over the place, but point is I can't see why you guys would try to discredit the guy among other MK guys in general who are solid players. My point is we can easily say the same about Capcom players in MK and else where. But who cares? I personally don't like dickriding anyone or do such, just logic vs. illogical but I also don't approve of pointless hate either.

Nobody is discrediting REO. But when MK players give him to much credit by calling him a top 5 FG player in the world. Im just trying to get the delusional to snap back back to reality.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
If NRS continues to patch this game monthly for the next 3 or 4 months like they did MK9, numbers will sky rocket down.
Without a doubt. I actually think it would more or less kill the wider competitive scene for the game that is developing. They need to chill out instead of patching every few weeks. Like PR said, you need to let a game breathe for MONTHS before you can definitively balance.

8-10 hours a day? Now that is dedication. Im lucky if I get two lol
Yeah, top players can/do sink that kind of time into a game. I'm with you though. Between work, gym, wife, etc, I get about 4-6 hours a week. To agree with PR though and as I've said many times, I don't think it's a coincidence that when I was actually competitive in Tekken, it was back near the end of college, when I had the time to just slam booze and play 4-6 hours a night. It takes a lot of time to truly turn matchups and situations into muscle memory.

MKF30

So did you, before they banned you from Comicvine, because no one was able to handle your opinion anymore.
Nobody as in two trolls on that site? Yeah. But that matters not to me, they don't like being told the facts concerning MK characters and DC characters. What can I say? I guess you're not up to date, I'm not banned on CV anymore...haven't been for a while now ;) Why even bring up another site though? Random much?

Besides, I get along well with most folks on there except for two trolls who stalk me on there but I have ways of dealing with them. They got a bad case of cootilicious syndrome.

@ Jayme, that's debatable I guess but neither are the other names mentioned outside of the MKC...who cares though? I personally don't care who the top 3 players in a game are, there's only as far as I can tell well known players and players not known despite offline or online. Since some play both(and you have separate players)

Status
Not open for further replies.