What's new

Perfect Legend Offers Lessons for Injustice: Gods Among Us!

lol... lmao. Dude hasnt even won a single major in Injustice, from all we know he cant even block crossups cuz theres no block button anymore. Shouldnt he win something first?

Celerity

Lab Monster
This is a great idea and I really hope to see more top players pick it up in the future. Poker and SC2 pros have been doing it for a long time.

Can't believe people are bitching, it's an OPTIONAL $15 to permanently make you a better player. Even if it's not for you, it's always a good thing to level up the community, so everybody should be happy about this.

Who is bitching and complaining? I havent seen 1 person bitch about.. Seen people laugh and make jokes about it though..

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Damn so Lebron James/Dwight Howard/Amare Stoudemaire/Kobe Bryant all must be pathetic too cause they paid Hakeem Olajuwan 100k each for post lessons, even though they can easily find the information elsewhere. Great logic there champ
You seemed to have interpreted it wrong. Unless those players are truely striving to become professionals, then there's no need for this. I was god awful at halo and fighting games, but I learned by watching others play and learn from my own mistakes. Not saying I'm pro and anything but the improvements I made were from using my brain. Not having someone else tell me what I'm doing wrong. That's the proplem today, no one thinks for themselves. They all want instant gratification. That's why La Bron and etc trained and paid for it because they were already good and wanted to become pro.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer getting bodied by scrubs. I'm not sure I want to get 15-0'd by PL just to confirm how bad I am at Injustice.

D

Deleted member 9158

Lol, no.

That is ridiculous. Anyone who actually gives him money to help you is a complete moron

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
You seemed to have interpreted it wrong. Unless those players are truely striving to become professionals, then there's no need for this. I was god awful at halo and fighting games, but I learned by watching others play and learn from my own mistakes. Not saying I'm pro and anything but the improvements I made were from using my brain. Not having someone else tell me what I'm doing wrong. That's the proplem today, no one thinks for themselves. They all want instant gratification. That's why La Bron and etc trained and paid for it because they were already good and wanted to become pro.
That's how YOU learn. I know people who learn in multiple ways. It's not instant gratification, there are many reasons. Some people need help getting over a hurdle. Some people maybe need a plan on what exactly to fix. And some people just don't have time to break things down how they used to. You learn the old way, great. Not everybody does

Hitoshura

Head Cage
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh man if this doesn't scream pretentious then I don't know what does. Last time I checked skilled players should be helping their community level up out of seeing the community grow, not to make a profit.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I rocks with the homie PL, but I got bills B. I'll continue to watch streams, study the info on this site, and Practice. If I had money like that though I'd probably do that. Good idea. Nice of him to do that.

Well this offer by PL is really more aimed at intermediate players I think. Because otherwise there's really no point in getting perfected over and over again by PL. Someone can't learn from their mistakes if the skill gap is too big between the 2 players.

Then again, why would an intermediate player pay money to fight another intermediate player? :)

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
That's how YOU learn. I know people who learn in multiple ways. It's not instant gratification, there are many reasons. Some people need help getting over a hurdle. Some people maybe need a plan on what exactly to fix. And some people just don't have time to break things down how they used to. You learn the old way, great. Not everybody does
I really do under it all. I gave free boosting to anyone in doubles on H3. Its just sad that people have to succumb to this, rather than the good players within the community offering free help. I mean isn't that why us online warriors are free??? Being the madman in H3 that I was I gave free help because why burn a pocket when its just a game. You want a 50 here take my old account...but you have to pay for the gold membership not me. Point in case, you shouldn't have to pay for recorded feedback when said top-teir players are already made and should be morally offering help to the newcomers. I had a gentleman ask me for help on xbl through tym forums and I didn't ask for money so that he can get feedback and recorded video for his own references. FIN.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
I approve this message. Hell, if he can make a few bucks on it go for it. The price is very reasonable. This is no different than guitar lessons imo. If he has some extra cash maybe he'll be at more tournies to bring the hype. Lots of people always ask "where is PL."

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
lol people get golf lessons all the time to get better a hobby. I guess they are all morons too. 15 dollars is nothing.
Come on, man...let's not compare this to a sport that requires actual physical motion. lol

This is a video game with a tutorial and practice mode. There are many resources online to grasp an understanding on frame data, footsies, and fighting game terminology. You are at the comfort of your own home while you try to learn, and you are exerting no energy doing so. And best of all, there are top players like A F0xy Grampa and Pig Of The Hut who are willing to play you for FREE.

I'm not saying PL's offer is dumb or wrong. But people actually paying for this should learn how to handle their money better, whether it's $15 or $5 or a penny. There is literally no point in doing this. Additionally, one should keep in mind one important fact: PL never paid anyone for lessons to get as good as he is. In fact, he tends to brag over not having a scene, and still placing high. If he can do it, why can't anyone else?

Someone made the analogy saying that people drinking or smoking should learn how to handle their money too, but the difference is that there's a blatant, free, alternative to PL's offer. No real inexpensive substitution for getting wasted or smoking.

My $0.02....which I should hide before I get charged.

In their world they want videogames to equate to actual physical altheticism or on par with pro poker players that make millions or with people that play musical instruments or even personal trainers.. All of these things take more time and devotion than playing video games.. You cant even compare them, but they keep trying...

PL might even get a few people to pay him but he will never be able to make a good living giving videogame lessons.. Which all of those example above can make a good living.. Thats the reality of it all...