What's new

Perfect Legend Offers Lessons for Injustice: Gods Among Us!

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
You can't really compare this to a personal trainer . You're health/body is more important then a videogame so idk why ppl are trying to compare the 2. But anyway I just find it alil desperate (no disrespect) to pay for some game lessons. That's just me tho I'm old fashion I'd rather spend hours in lab and playing matches wit friends and getting good (Like the gud all Mk3 days minus the lab). Do whatever floats your boat. Its all gud...Ikno I sound like a dick :-/

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
When did I say I was the one to decide anything? I am just laughing at the people trying to justify paying for video game lessons with things that are either more important in life or more profitable in life..
And I'm sure hot girls are laughing at guys arguing on a forum dedicated to a fighting game w/comic book characters. I wouldn't be so quick to laugh, just my 2 cents

KiD INsAnitY: Kobe Bryant/Dwight Howard/Lebron James all paid Hakeem Olajuwon $100k to teach them post moves they could EASILY find online or other places. Gamers ALL the time buy strategy guides when the information is online. It's very simple and people are making a separate category for this when they shouldn't: Something that is important to you, you do what you need to do to get better, even pay for lessons. This is really not any different

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I knew there would be jokes but I think this is a great idea...

I dare you to think PL isnt a Top level player in IGAU and doesnt have good advice to dish out... Thats silly talk... He wrote a good chunk of the Prima guide, was a NRS tester and lbsh is a proven winner...

I hope PL makes a lot of money with this (probably wont cause of the hate/childish attitudes in the fgc but id never hate on another man looking for business op's)

/

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
You are very confident. I look forward to seeing where you place in tournaments. Keep in mind 15$ is not a ton of money for many people. There are many tournament goers who agree to money matches they know they will probably lose just to play some of the top matches.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. Now imagine 1 hour of training that same match up (that you feel is imposible) with the 3 times evo champion PL. The chances of improve your game are ridiculous!

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I understand that people in the FGC want the competitive/tournament scene to be big and profitable.. The truth is its not that big of a scene.. PL only got over 1k viewers on twitch recently and thats only because injustice just came out..
I wanted to watch his stream but to be honest the stream image quality was very poor, if he can stream with the same quality as Arturo then I will watch his stream every time I can.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
No one posting here should possibly be mocking this. You're on a forum dedicated to high-level tournament play! For many of us, gaming is one of our hobbies. And just like any other hobby (Magic cards, working on cars, guitar equipment), you might sometimes spend money on it while improving.

Getting the feedback of a top tier player can help condense what could otherwise be dozens of hours of games down into an accelerated learning experience. There is no reason to mock anyone - particularly someone who loves playing but doesn't have much free time anymore, like myself - who would want to take this offer.

I can easily spend $100 just pounding beers any given night at the bar... instead I could have 8 hours of training time with the Evo champion. Hell, *I* should look into this!

Goldi

Noob
That's what I have clan mates for is to train me. <3 I'd be into paying him just to grade me when I've learned enough from them and think I'm ready for it, though.

This game has been very frustrating to adapt to, and I know damn well I'm not alone feeling that way lol! So it's sweet to see people offering guidance.

And I admit, at first glance the idea of paying for it was a turn off. But if he didn't charge to weed out the riff raff (especially online) he'd be flooded with people wasting his time, standing him up, wanting to play just for a big name notch on their win bed posts ect.

Definitely wishing good luck to him and his students and I hope he's still at it when it's convenient for me. :)

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Some of you are idiots lol. If you're so obsessed with learning from tournament players ask to play with Pig, I'm sure he'll play and give you advice. All for the whopping cost of nothing.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I'm curious how good PL will be at this, I like the guy but I'm not certain on how good of a teacher he will be. Very few people can teach well and get their point across in a concise way. It'll be interesting to see if he can mentally step back and realize how much he takes for granted as common knowledge and make sure to check whether or not his "trainees" are competent fighting game players and how much so. Compared to the LoL lessons I see this is dirt cheap, a good deal imo if you don't have a ton of time to commit to training mode and grinding out execution, reading forums and breaking down fighting game meta, matches and matchups.

Don't agree with it? Don't pay.

I personally would not pay for training sessions in a video game, but who are we to bash on PL or people who would pay for training sessions with him?

How many of you smoke, drink, etc?
You're wasting money killing off your body little by little, so please, don't say this is a stupid idea right off the bat.

There might be top players from other fighting games who just need an introduction to Injustice, and PL will be their best bet for help.

If I had to make the choice between paying PL or paying a personal trainer for a nicer butt, I would go for the personal trainer, but that's just my preference.
Somebody else might prefer the training here over physical training.

The guy is good, and this is a great way for him to make money while helping himself and others level up.

Hell, if I were as good as him, I'd do it too.
I charge people to edit papers, etc for them, and I make quite a lot during finals.
If you're talented in a certain field/area, why not make money off of it?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
If I had to make the choice between paying PL or paying a personal trainer for a nicer butt, I would go for the personal trainer, but that's just my preference.
Somebody else might prefer the training here over physical training.
Who doesn't want a nicer butt??? lol...