What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn [Outdated] The Kotal Kahnbo Thread

Is anyone else having trouble hitting combos in the corner consisting of EN Sunstones and Uppercuts, like for example in my 120% death combo? Forget about the damage buffs and the sun ray, just the actual combo: b14 xx EN df3, f1b2 xx EN df3, d2, d1...

I can not connect this combo at all anymore to save my life. Just once since trying to play today after the patch and it felt literally like a just frame. Before the patch this was a cake walk.

I can only deduce one of two (or both) things that changed: Either d2 gained additional recovery frames or EN Sunstone gained additional recovery frames.

I'm leaning toward the former. Connecting d1 after d2 in this combo was fairly tight but now damn near impossible. I know frame data changed on Sunstone but idk what the hell to accept as fact with NRS in-game frame data. If others could test hitting this combo with consistency I'd appreciate it because I know something changed and I'm not losing my mind. If additional recovery frames were added to either of these moves or BOTH then

WTF NRS!!!!!!

**This is combo related and important to Kotal Kahn's combo potential in the end game so I'm reposting this here as well. I have a slew of combos to share but if this is in fact a thing now to consider, then I need to go back to the drawing board and incorporate new practicality into KK's combos.
Ok i tied this out. What i feel is the most difficult part with this combo is comboing the d2 after the second df3, you have to hit it reaaaally early to get ferra/torr to bounce back high enough.

I have yet gotten the hang of execution in this game, like some people can do 4 f2 after eachother yet i cannot.

Still, the combo feels quite hard to do.

i've managed to connect the D1 4 times in a matter of 20 mins or so. Like i said i think the problem with me is that i hit D2 quite late, it's still doable but difficult.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Hello guys, i was testing some basic combos with mister Kahn and finally end-up doing a video. This is really not a high dmg combo video at all and/or very difficult combos. I can imagine it won't help you guys at all but maybe there is some beginner like me who can be interested in such thing.

Tested online and i can almost manage to do them without too many problems...

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Ok, I suspect I have found the max damage b14 combo in War God. It's not practical as it uses 3 bars, but can anyone top it?

b14~(EX) db1, f2, b14~(EX)df1, f1b2~(EX)df3 (47% - 55% with Sac)

EDIT: I seem to have found the means to beating this, but it's stupidly hard to do. b122 can hit after the f2 in the above combo, the opponent has to be at the absolute highest point though (nearly whiffing). This adds some significant damage, but it's so hard to hit, I haven't been able to finish the combo after an hour of brute forcing it and can't confirm it just yet. Going to try switching to a larger opponent, that might make it easier.

Last edited:
Hello guys, i was testing some basic combos with mister Kahn and finally end-up doing a video. This is really not a high dmg combo video at all and/or very difficult combos. I can imagine it won't help you guys at all but maybe there is some beginner like me who can be interested in such thing.

Tested online and i can almost manage to do them without too many problems...

I've never really touched Sun God but i feel like it can be a powerful variation.

Went into the labbed and checked if you could cancel into his grab from a normal on block, and just look at it! It's beautiful!

MYZTERY_-ICE

Kotal Kahn will destroy you!
Does anybody want to get together in a Kotal practice session to discuss some tech and other Kotal ideas on Ps4 or even a FT5?

My PSN is MYZTERY_-ICE

Belial

Noob
f1b2~damage totem, f1b2~EX air grab, f+2, d2 = 41% 1 bar, 46% if you are cut before the combo, didnt test with parry but my guess woul be around 50% off the parry

Universal f1b2,f2,f2,b14~ex Air grab, f2,d2 = 40% 1 bar

Last edited:
For hard knockdown setups off f1b2, I've been using:

f1b2,f2,212. Then crossup jump too more pressure usually.

The f2 is kinda hard to hit online, and I end up going for just straight f1b2,212, which sacrifices more damage than I'd like, but is honestly sometimes worth it against players who can't deal with pressure and will just let themselves get reset all day.

Second Saint

For hard knockdown setups off f1b2, I've been using:

f1b2,f2,212. Then crossup jump too more pressure usually.

The f2 is kinda hard to hit online, and I end up going for just straight f1b2,212, which sacrifices more damage than I'd like, but is honestly sometimes worth it against players who can't deal with pressure and will just let themselves get reset all day.
You can actually fit a second f2 in there, but all the recovery on f1b2 makes the timing all wonky if you ask me. Does about 29% I want to say off the top of my head. War God can get 30% because of Saw Blade. You'd have to dash before crossup jump though.

Hmmm...I'll have to try out that combo ending with b122~sunbeam

I was wondering to myself it this could be punished by quick rise teleport attacks.

NHDR

Noob
Its my first day labbing with Kotal Kahn (War God), think I may have a new main. 52% damage off of one bar, corner only. Apologies if its been done, I've largely ignored everything that's been uploaded 'til now.

Most easy/practical midscreen combo of kothal Kahn (Blood God). 39% (1 bar). Same combo with Blood sacrifice =44%, with totem =52%, with both =59%.

Inputs = JP1 114 DF1(R2) F1 B12 DF1

Last edited:

delbuster

hungry
i feel like a lot of the combos in the past few pages are not very practical

here are the ones i think are most important (war god)
b122 df2

f1b2 (block OS df2) (on hit, no df2) 1 f2 f1b2 df2 - most important for whiff punishing or just going for a poke. f1b2 has a big gap that can be mashed out of, so be careful. this combo can even work vs someone using neutral jump Punch if their attack whiffs and you are fast enough.

MYZTERY_-ICE

Kotal Kahn will destroy you!
My fellow Kotal players I need some advice. I played in a tournament here in Atlanta, GA last night a did pretty well although I didn't win. I found myself having the most trouble with Sub-Zero (GrandMaster). Do you guys have any thoughts or tips for that match up? Once I got trapped in he corner it was almost impossible to get out when he kept doing D1 ice clone.

Lanqu

Noob
Yeah, thats my trouble also, I've even created a thread on that. I've found a way - you need to switch your variation..
For example to Jacqui Full-Auto :)

D4G

Win At All Cost
Somebody help me out here, I'm starting to think this character is complete crap. What do you guys use for Pressure and Combo starters? I've been using mainly F1 for pressure with the hopes of hitconfirming into B2 to proceed into 30-40% combos I spent forever practicing, but as it turns out you can't hitconfirm it though. You have to input the string in its entirety and hope they arent blocking. So now I've switched to using F1 for pressure and 112 when Im in their face to confirm that into combo. The problem is Kotal Kahn is too damn slow, I just get counter poked for days and cant seem to press a button. This is incredibly frustrating, any tips? Im using Blood & Sun God by the way.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
My fellow Kotal players I need some advice. I played in a tournament here in Atlanta, GA last night a did pretty well although I didn't win. I found myself having the most trouble with Sub-Zero (GrandMaster). Do you guys have any thoughts or tips for that match up? Once I got trapped in he corner it was almost impossible to get out when he kept doing D1 ice clone.
Well just like most chars in the game, if you wanna get out of a bad corner situation you either need bar or a great read. I can't speak for the other 2 grooves but in war god both ex chop and ex overhead have armour and are great for breaking out of pressure. Chop has the benefit of being safe on block, the overhead leads to full combo.

Also really if you are having trouble with zoning just duck its not that bad. Set up a sun pillar and groove and heal, and nobody will stay full screen and let that happen. Well that and learn how to space and when to run but that takes time for anyone who already isn't well versed.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I found this video on youtube or i might i have missed it here, and whoever made it might be on this forum but i have no idea. EIther way its a great video and worth watching.
Basically, this is a very good introduction to the most efficient ways to use totems combined with a ton of swag combos. Good video.

Second Saint

Some War God NJP combos.

NJP, f2, f2, f1b2~df2 (30%)
NJP, f2, f2, b122~db1 (32%)

Easier versions
NJP, ji2, f2, b122~db1 (28%)
NJP, ji2, f2, f1b2~df2 (26%)

1 Bar:
njp, ji2, f2, 21~EX df1, f1b2~df2 (34%)
njp, f2, f2, 21~EX df1, f1b2~df2 (38%)

It's possible to get a second f2 in a combo with ji2, but the timing is tight and it results in less damage meterless because the enders miss (or have when I tried). With meter, I assume you'd get more damage. I have trouble with consistency because my computer is terrible and prone to dropping frames (not that it can ever reach 60 fps /sad), so I've yet to finish the combo with meter in it's entirety. To add a little extra damage, 21 can be replaced with b14 in almost all circumstances, though I didn't play around with that.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
For anyone having trouble doing the damage-totem combo with F2B1. (I cant consistently do D1 exDF1).
You can just go:
F2B1xDB1 exDF1 F2 B14xDF1 for 40%

Hello, supporters of Outworld's new Emperor. I've edited the original post to be more organized, but I have no combos on there yet: I have no idea which combos are practical/consistent and which ones aren't because I don't play Kotal.

Request for Kotal's sub-forum community:

Tag me in a post listing combo notations along with their damage output (optional: an additional output with damage buffs) so that I may add them into the original post. Preferably combos that aren't overly difficult to do and don't start with a jump-in punch.

There are sections for Meterless Midscreen, Meterless Corner, Metered Midscreen and Metered Corner combos; with sub-sections for Universal, Blood God, Sun God and War God combos. Please list the information so that I may know which section and sub-section to put the combos in.

----[ Notation guide ]----

(This is to help make combos easier to read.)

, = Precedes the next step in a string – example: 1,1,2.

+ = The preceding and following input must be pressed at once – e.g. B2,3,2+4
This often does not apply to directional inputs like D1, F2, B4 and the like.

xx = Canceled into – e.g. 1,1xxSun Choke.

~ = Next part of a combo, not canceled into – e.g. F2~F2~B1,2,2

JI = Jump-in. JI1, JI2, JI3, JI4.

NJ = Neutral Jump.

EX = MK9-style EX special; a move that is enhanced at the same time it is executed.

MB = Injustice-style Meter Burn; a move that can be enhanced after the animation has already started.