What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn [Outdated] The Kotal Kahnbo Thread

regulas

Your Emporer
Great job compiling these. However, I noticed one little mistake. The first of the f34 combos is actually War God not Sun. I don't think Sun God even has a db1 and the clever ploy of ending in parry escapes me.

Pretty sure everything else is right. At least for War God.
Thanks, I think it was meant to be df I believe so I changed it. And also I guess it's supposed to be grab not parry. I think. Shrug I just wanted to start this off cause it was getting hard to go through all the posts but I rushed a bit.

Tomorrow I will probably look to refine it down to the basic movesets, with amendums for the specials to make it more flexible and usable.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Thanks, I think it was meant to be df I believe so I changed it. And also I guess it's supposed to be grab not parry. I think. Shrug I just wanted to start this off cause it was getting hard to go through all the posts but I rushed a bit.

Tomorrow I will probably look to refine it down to the basic movesets, with amendums for the specials to make it more flexible and usable.
Oh, sorry, I guess I should've been more clear instead of trying to be clever. It's a War God combo I posted earlier, the only thing wrong with it is the font color. There's nothing to change other than that.

StarcaverX

Bajan to the core!
Hey guys, I was messing around in training mode corner combos and with inspiration from @stealthychainsawninja I made a variation using sun choke. My question is would you consider this viable or just another one to throw to the side.

Sun God
Combo notation as i said is similar to sawninja ( 1,1,4 xx Ex soulstone ,1,1,ex airgrab b1,2 , sunchoke) but i changed the d1(s) to 1,1 and and f2 b1 to b1,2. You can also change the 1,1 to 2,1 before ex airgrab and get 52%. Combo begins at 0:28. Sorry if the quality isn't the best. I have hamster wheel internet :(.

Last edited:

MYZTERY_-ICE

Kotal Kahn will destroy you!
Does anybody have any insight on how to easily connect F2 into Neutral Jump Punch? It's kind of hard to connect even when I'm holding up on my controller

Second Saint

Have we explored 212 as a legitimate ender? I ignored it up until now because it can't be canceled out of, but it's a hard knockdown that leaves the opponent right at your feet. It might be worth looking into for setups. And it's universal, so it could work for all variations.

War God:
b14~db1, f2, 212 (33%)

MYZTERY_-ICE

Have we explored 212 as a legitimate ender? I ignored it up until now because it can't be canceled out of, but it's a hard knockdown that leaves the opponent right at your feet. It might be worth looking into for setups. And it's universal, so it could work for all variations.

War God:
b14~db1, f2, 212 (33%)
I was experimenting with that yesterday in the lab. I think it's a good ender and can lead into a lot of high low mix ups.

Second Saint

I was experimenting with that yesterday in the lab. I think it's a good ender and can lead into a lot of high low mix ups.
I think it might be the setup of choice for Sun/Blood but Wargod has f1b2~df2, which does more damage and is an hkd, though I do have to dash up for everything. Options were never a bad thing though.

MYZTERY_-ICE

I think it might be the setup of choice for Sun/Blood but Wargod has f1b2~df2, which does more damage and is an hkd, though I do have to dash up for everything. Options were never a bad thing though.
Have you tried F1B2 ~ F2 ~ 11 EX command grab 212? Easy BnB 36% I believe

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

War God:
b14~db1, f2, 212 (33%)
I use 212 all the time. I like to follow up with either B2 or F3 cancelled into Burning Stone.

I don't use it anywhere near as much in War God as I do in Blood God (I haven't played much Sun God yet)

onemic

Noob
WAR GOD
The sword opens new combos/enders with huge combo potential. I love the db1 sword,it cancels the low strings into an overhead and if MB it juggles(also MB has armor for wakeups and makes strings safe on block). Just a quick and easy example:
(Ji2)-b14-db1:ex-f2-b122-db1 (39%,midscreen)
What does Ji2 stand for?

Lanqu

Noob
Found some useful combo in the corner of the low for War God: f34, db3, up cancel, d1, d1, 114, ex df1, b12, df1 = 41%
Easy, practical and returns opponent to corner for pressure and mixups. Without meter can be capped on 31% + setup

So, f2 isn't a safe starter, but 114 is, and it can be followed up with anti air throw and overhead sword.
A good combo for all variations thats safe-
112 mbdf1 f2 21 df1
I believe it's 38%, so still ridiculous damage. If you find more damage from df1 let me know

Second Saint

So, f2 isn't a safe starter, but 114 is, and it can be followed up with anti air throw and overhead sword.
A good combo for all variations thats safe-
112 mbdf1 f2 21 df1
I believe it's 38%, so still ridiculous damage. If you find more damage from df1 let me know
Do you mean 114? You were talking about it as a starter, so I'll just assume that's what you meant. War God can outdo 38%, and I believe Sun God can as well by ending in sun choke. Also, if the word in the General thread is to be believed, 114~air grab is actually + on block.

On page 3, there's a compilation of combos in this thread, separated by starters. Check there to see some notations.

I did mean 114 sorry haha. In the combo's section it says it's 0 on block? I thought that just meant safe rather than advantageous? I don't know haha.

Second Saint

I did mean 114 sorry haha. In the combo's section it says it's 0 on block? I thought that just meant safe rather than advantageous? I don't know haha.
Yes, 0 does mean safe on block, but whiffing the air grab seems to actually put him a frame or two ahead in this string because of the cancel advantage and the large amount of block stun. I haven't tested it myself though, it's just something that has come up in General Discussion

delbuster

hungry
114 into whiff df1 on block is +5 vs normals. 4 into whiff df1 on block is +1 vs normals. as far as i've tested. also the frame data checks out.

Has anyone tried these jip, b3 COMBOS? You get some pretty nice damage but I've been looking for a few jip starters/mixup. I'm not currently testing this right now bc I'm on vacation with the wifi but they do work I've done them plenty times before. Can someone experiment with this? (WAR GOD)

Sorry this is off the top of my head but I think this is it.

jip, b3, db1(ex), f1b2, bf2 - 33-37%?

jip, b3,db1(ex), f1b2, bf1(ex), bf2 - 37%?

Can someone test these combos?

Here's 2 kombos I made the other day, one normal (35%) and one EX (43%). Both work in all variations and both work from corner or midscreen, and neither require a Blood Offering (though that could be used to buff damage, I feel it's cheating to use that in a kombo video).

f2,f2,f2,f2,d3~df1

f2,f2,f2,f2,d3~EXdf1,b1f2~df1

The timing can be a bit tight though.

Last edited: