What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn [Outdated] The Kotal Kahnbo Thread

Anyone else having trouble canceling d1 into df1?

The combo I am trying is f34, mb df3, d2, d1, df1 when my opponent is cornered.

4 f2s online is not going to be reliable due to the very strict timing in between inputs. That 4th f2 to the df1(ex) more specifically

Anyone else having trouble canceling d1 into df1?

The combo I am trying is f34, mb df3, d2, d1, df1 when my opponent is cornered.
Either you're too slow on the df1 input or you're holding d too early. If it's the latter, it might help to not hold d in advance and instead hit d when or just before you hit 1. Alternatively, holding db and doing db1 (the diagonal db, not d then b) instead might work as well. Reason being, this game only detects inputs for cancelling into special moves when you press them, not when you hold them, and even when not on Alternate Controls and/or with Input Shortcuts on, you are required to input the cardinal directions when special cancelling (diagonals are ignored when special cancelling in Standard Controls).

alexbib

Noob
Here's 2 kombos I made the other day, one normal (35%) and one EX (43%). Both work in all variations and both work from corner or midscreen, and neither require a Blood Offering (though that could be used to buff damage, I feel it's cheating to use that in a kombo video).

f2,f2,f2,f2,d3~df1

f2,f2,f2,f2,d3~EXdf1,b1f2~df1

The timing can be a bit tight though.
Doesn't seem to work (edit: unless in the corner) against female characters. I could do it on Sub-Zero (but even then only from max range starter), but never got it to work on Kitana...

Last edited:
4 f2s online is not going to be reliable due to the very strict timing in between inputs. That 4th f2 to the df1(ex) more specifically
I'm generally more concerned with offline play. Online is casual at best, I tend to just play loosely and for fun, don't usually play with krazy hard kombos.

Doesn't seem to work against female characters. I could do it on Sub-Zero (but even then only from max range starter), but never got it to work on Kitana...
I'm about to go to sleep, I'll try for a bit tomorrow to see if I can get it to land.

alexbib

Noob
So far the best meterless I've got in the corner that works against everyone is:
f2,f2,f2,b122df1 for 36%.
with sun god you can end in db2 for 39% instead if you're fully charged.

Just discovered (I hope) F2 > 2,1 > Ex. Disk > Cr. 1 > Ex. AA Throw > 2,3 > AA Throw

his D1 is so fast it allows for neat follow ups. Combo at 1:09.

Monox1de

Noob
You can parry 3 times quickly which will give your next hit a 235.2637% multiplier I believe....I added crystal totem and blood sacrifice and did a 65.71% upper cut.65.71 is almost 470% more damage than the unbuffed 14% uppercut.

I got the idea from mr @D. R. Up with his double parry. so a triple parry will probably break 120%easily I'm guessing since the 33%damage boost parry gives u is multiplicitive.

Man, a ton of these combos start with f2. I don't land f2 very often vs good players. I find more hits with f1,b2. What are you guys doing after that? I use mostly sun god, so I just go for f1 b2, f1 b2, f1 b2, mb df1, 2,1, db2. It leaves them right by my feet on the first two levels of the throw. I know there has to be better with this starter though.

Edit: Found some earlier in the thread. Still a lot of f2 starters. What do you guys think of ending midscreen combos in b3,2 for extra corner carry or to put people back in the corner? Quick example, if we are cornered and find a f1b2, we can f1b2, f1b2, mb df1, b3 2 and put them in the corner.

Last edited:
Man, a ton of these combos start with f2. I don't land f2 very often vs good players. I find more hits with f1,b2. What are you guys doing after that? I use mostly sun god, so I just go for f1 b2, f1 b2, f1 b2, mb df1, 2,1, db2. It leaves them right by my feet on the first two levels of the throw. I know there has to be better with this starter though.
Not very many others give the freedom of f2. It's pretty good at surprising people.

Edit: Found some earlier in the thread. Still a lot of f2 starters. What do you guys think of ending midscreen combos in b3,2 for extra corner carry or to put people back in the corner? Quick example, if we are cornered and find a f1b2, we can f1b2, f1b2, mb df1, b3 2 and put them in the corner.
I found f1 b2, f2, 21, df1 meterless. It may be 24%?
I think f1 b2, f2, 21, mbdf1, 21, df1 is 33%
The damage is off the top of my head but both of those work. Tested f1b2 starters last night

I don't have the game yet, but has anyone tried ending a combo in EX Throw in Sun God and going for his Command grab, if it is at level 3 it will do a nice reset into 16%, I am not sure if there plus frames to guarantee a Sun Choke:/

D. R.

Noob
You can parry 3 times quickly which will give your next hit a 235.2637% multiplier I believe....I added crystal totem and blood sacrifice and did a 65.71% upper cut.65.71 is almost 470% more damage than the unbuffed 14% uppercut.

I got the idea from mr @D. R. Up with his double parry. so a triple parry will probably break 120%easily I'm guessing since the 33%damage boost parry gives u is multiplicitive.

Parry is an interesting mechanic in this game. I'm still messing with it considerably, mainly trying to figure out how long the buff truly last and how it affects frame data, if at all (mainly seems parry just registers the opponent's attack as a whiff.) Theoretically you can kill someone in one uppercut, though the potential of that scenario ever occurring is nonexistent.

Blood Sacrifice, Crystal Totem, Parry x 5, Uppercut = Death
1.5 x 1.33 x 1.33^5 x 14 = 116.23 Damage

Very set up and read-heavy character. NRS fucking up the frame data doesn't help expedite matters when trying to figure out the viability of the character on paper all things considered. Lots of trial and error in the coming months before CEO.

Ex throw into command grab pushes them a little too far away so you have to take a step forward. Still not a bad option

Here is what I'm using so far for sun god, some are the same/similar as others posted but just wanted to get them all down in an organized fashion. All these combos I consider practical and have used in match regularly in the limited time I've had with the game

Anywhere ground hit:
114, exdf1, f2, b14 db2 44%
f1 b2, f2, b14exdf1, b14 db2 38% at lvl3 sun god (I don't like including JIP or blood boost but lvl 3 choke comes up often when I play)
f2. f2. f2. b14 exdf1. b14 db2 46% at lvl3 (This is both much easier than f2 NJP f2 f2 etc. and does 1% more)
f34. ex df3 24%

Anti Air:
f2. NJP, f2 f2, b14, exdf1, b14 db2 45% at lvl 3
exdf1. f2. f2. d1. db2 39%

Corner:
114, exdf3, 21 exdf1, b14 db2 53% (2 bar, throws out of corner, end with df1 to place back in corner for 49%)
f34, exdf3, 4, exdf3 d1 db2 44% (2 bar, low starter. maintains corner)
f2x4. d1 exdf1, b14 db2 for 46% (f2x4 is actually pretty easy in the corner because you don't have to worry about going under them anymore. df1 ender to keep corner for 43% instead)

All I got for so far, I'm sure there is better stuff for corner but I haven't found it yet.

Edit: Updated combos with b14 at WarriorOfSunlight's suggestion, thanks!

Last edited:
Ex throw into command grab pushes them a little too far away so you have to take a step forward. Still not a bad option

Here is what I'm using so far for sun god, some are the same/similar as others posted but just wanted to get them all down in an organized fashion. All these combos I consider practical and have used in match regularly in the limited time I've had with the game

Anywhere ground hit:
114, exdf1, f2, b12 db2 42%
f1 b2, f2, b1 b2 exdf1, b12 db2 36% at lvl3 sun god (I don't like including JIP or blood boost but lvl 3 choke comes up often when I play)
f2. f2. f2. b1 b2 exdf1. b12 db2 44% at lvl3 (This is both much easier than f2 NJP f2 f2 etc. and does 1% more)
f34. ex df3 24%

Anti Air:
f2. NJP, f2 f2, b1 b2, exdf1, b12 db2 43% at lvl 3
exdf1. f2. f2. d1. db2 39%

Corner:
114, exdf3, 21 exdf1, b21 db2 52% (2 bar, throws out of corner, end with df1 to place back in corner for 48%)
f34, exdf3, 4, exdf3 d1 db2 44% (2 bar, low starter. maintains corner)
f2x4. d1 exdf1, b12 db2 for 45% (f2x4 is actually pretty easy in the corner because you don't have to worry about going under them anymore. df1 ender to keep corner for 42% instead)

All I got for so far, I'm sure there is better stuff for corner but I haven't found it yet.
It'd better to use b14~sun choke than b12 on your combos. You get an extra 2% damage. I posted it in the earlier pages of this topic.

Sun god 44%:
114~ex airgrab f2 b14~sun choke.

Pretty much all your combos that utilize b12 into special will be 2% more if you use b4

Another Example:
F1b2 f2 b13~ex airgrab b13~sun choke = 38%

Nice find on the parry tech, good to see you might be able to regular parry in between. Gonna test out more possible tomorrow.

Monox1de

Noob
I
Blood Sacrifice, Crystal Totem, Parry x 5, Uppercut = Death
1.5 x 1.33 x 1.33^5 x 14 = 116.23 Damage.
ilet me know if u ever get more than 3 buffs from parry while still having time to upper cut. 3 was the most I could do while still landing the uppercut before the buffs dissapeared

D. R.

Noob
I
ilet me know if u ever get more than 3 buffs from parry while still having time to upper cut. 3 was the most I could do while still landing the uppercut before the buffs dissapeared
In the Parry vid I posted, I got 4 parries and thus, 4 buffs:

EN parry, EN parry, parry, EN parry, d2
1.33 x 1.33 x 1.33 x 1.33 x 14 = 43.8061009 ~ 43.81%

I did a normal uppercut right after for a visual comparison.

I don't have the game yet, but has anyone tried ending a combo in EX Throw in Sun God and going for his Command grab, if it is at level 3 it will do a nice reset into 16%, I am not sure if there plus frames to guarantee a Sun Choke:/
There's enough + frames. EX throws are around +26 and sun choke has 13 frame startup, so you even have enough time to run up a bit to get it to work midscreen, but characters have throw invulnerability after being EX thrown, so it's not guaranteed and they can still backdash/jump out if you meaty their invulnerability frames. Still potentially useful as a mixup though.

Hello everybody :D!

MK X is so much fun and it ignited my spark that i've kinda lost since SF started to get boring.
This is kinda my first MK game im taking seriously so bare with me!

Im new to this forum and i hope i can learn a bunch of stuff from you guys!
I wanted to share a few vids i've made today :)

Adding a bunch of jabs can rack up the damage, especially if you can get 7 jabs lol.

This one is pretty cool since the 2 jabs lifts the opponent up high enough for you to connect the B1-4 combo (which does more damage that 2-1).
I think 52% is pretty good from what it started.

I watched KingBlackHoofs Blood God combo video and i tried out the 90% combo he had and i managed to get it up to 93%!

I added a D4 instead of D1 after the second Flaming Disk thingy, then i addad a F1-B2 airgrab istead of the 2-1.

I also made a War God combo compilation + some general combos that works with all variations. The video kinda focused on crossups and what Kotal Kahn can get out of for example a crossup Jump 4.

Please tell me if i should remove this vid from my post since i recently made a thread with it as the main Topic.

D. R.

Noob

Is anyone else having trouble hitting combos in the corner consisting of EN Sunstones and Uppercuts, like for example in my 120% death combo? Forget about the damage buffs and the sun ray, just the actual combo: b14 xx EN df3, f1b2 xx EN df3, d2, d1...

I can not connect this combo at all anymore to save my life. Just once since trying to play today after the patch and it felt literally like a just frame. Before the patch this was a cake walk.

I can only deduce one of two (or both) things that changed: Either d2 gained additional recovery frames or EN Sunstone gained additional recovery frames.

I'm leaning toward the former. Connecting d1 after d2 in this combo was fairly tight but now damn near impossible. I know frame data changed on Sunstone but idk what the hell to accept as fact with NRS in-game frame data. If others could test hitting this combo with consistency I'd appreciate it because I know something changed and I'm not losing my mind. If additional recovery frames were added to either of these moves or BOTH then

WTF NRS!!!!!!

**This is combo related and important to Kotal Kahn's combo potential in the end game so I'm reposting this here as well. I have a slew of combos to share but if this is in fact a thing now to consider, then I need to go back to the drawing board and incorporate new practicality into KK's combos.

Is anyone else having trouble hitting combos in the corner consisting of EN Sunstones and Uppercuts, like for example in my 120% death combo? Forget about the damage buffs and the sun ray, just the actual combo: b14 xx EN df3, f1b2 xx EN df3, d2, d1...

I can not connect this combo at all anymore to save my life. Just once since trying to play today after the patch and it felt literally like a just frame. Before the patch this was a cake walk.

I can only deduce one of two (or both) things that changed: Either d2 gained additional recovery frames or EN Sunstone gained additional recovery frames.

I'm leaning toward the former. Connecting d1 after d2 in this combo was fairly tight but now damn near impossible. I know frame data changed on Sunstone but idk what the hell to accept as fact with NRS in-game frame data. If others could test hitting this combo with consistency I'd appreciate it because I know something changed and I'm not losing my mind. If additional recovery frames were added to either of these moves or BOTH then

WTF NRS!!!!!!

**This is combo related and important to Kotal Kahn's combo potential in the end game so I'm reposting this here as well. I have a slew of combos to share but if this is in fact a thing now to consider, then I need to go back to the drawing board and incorporate new practicality into KK's combos.

I really do hate NRS balancing policy and how they change the game so frequently. Just let the game breathe for a few months, fix the bugs.

Oh and worst thing of all, we never get to know what they changed!

Im gonna try your combo, i messed around with a bunch of down 2 combos in the corner. Is it character specific?