What's new

New Yomi Tier List after The Big Patch 9/1+

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I'm sure 150% of the people posting in here will ignore this and complain about the order characters are listed in sub-groups.
To be fair, if YOMI is not going to order them by strength in their category (what every other "official" tier list does) then at least put them alphabetically to make it more obvious.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
about hw jax: I thought the cancels were about hit confirming and not about pressure? So you don't have to commit to throwing out combo punishable oh dash punch

haketh

Noob
HQT predator owns ermacs soul.
Ermac is one of the few characters that can't jump over lasers. He is too tall.
Predator D4 is punishable by lift, but if pred does D4~low laser it just trades with the lift.
Almost no options for ermac in the neutral against this character. You just need to be patient, punish discs and bait everything.
If pred is not taking the baits, good luck.
I'd say this is a 7-3 in pred's favor sadly.
We have a teleport it's a pretty decent callout for Lazers, alot of characters have a hard time with jumping straight lazer, D4~Lazer blows up alot of people being predictable. Honestly to me the MU is like 6-4 HQT favor

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
How many characters would you say are overpowered and how many are unviable in this game? Naming them would help too
First you have to clarify what unviable means and what overpowered means, and everyone has a separate opinion on that. It seems though that braindead and overpowered are often used synonymously.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
First you have to clarify what unviable means and what overpowered means, and everyone has a separate opinion on that. It seems though that braindead and overpowered are often used synonymously.
There's a difference between braindead and overpowered. Braindead mean an overpowered that takes no effort to use compare to the rest.

How many characters would you say are overpowered and how many are unviable in this game? Naming them would help too
i think almost every character in mkx it is viable this is why i think this game it it balanced which is a good thing.

overpower characters when it comes to the character tools vs human skill are in my opinion

predator
shinnok
jax
cassie
quan chi
erron black
reptile
kotal kahn
sonya
johnny cage

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
i think almost every character in mkx it is viable this is why i think this game it it balanced which is a good thing.

overpower characters when it comes to the character tools vs human skill are in my opinion

predator
shinnok
jax
cassie
quan chi
erron black
reptile
kotal kahn
sonya
johnny cage
Kung Lao
Kitana
Tanya

u miss this bitchs

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

predator
shinnok
jax
cassie
quan chi
erron black
reptile
kotal kahn
sonya
johnny cage
Tanya is fair everybody.

You heard it here first.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Even SonicFox, who has arguably the best reactions of any NRS player, says he cant react to anything below 18f. Even saying you can react to an 18f is highly suspect because you have to account for multiple stimuli(throws, lows, other pressure etc.)

Just to illustrate this, take this test. All you have to do is react to the Overheads:

http://www.teyah.net/MilliaBlocker_v0.3.swf
Test #4 = 14.1 frames

i cant say i can do that every time since my 2 averages was 19.5 and 23 with at least one fault...

she has very quick and confusing attacks!

but i can say its possible to read a 15 frame move. especially one as readable as F2 of johnnys, hell mileena's F3 is like 17 or so frames on startup, and i remember several saying there was no way to land that on anybody without being blocked.

@I Am The LK

try this out Legend Killer

MadeOfMetal

Sonya bottom 10 with nerfed Raiden my ass. She's either A+ or A tier, nothing less than that.
well i will say sonya has shit zoning, and cant really do much against a good zoner, it depends on her MU's really
she definitely is not bottom id say high mid tier

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Test #4 = 14.1 frames

i cant say i can do that every time since my 2 averages was 19.5 and 23 with at least one fault...

she has very quick and confusing attacks!

but i can say its possible to read a 15 frame move. especially one as readable as F2 of johnnys, hell mileena's F3 is like 17 or so frames on startup, and i remember several saying there was no way to land that on anybody without being blocked.

@I Am The LK

try this out Legend Killer
Mileena's F3 is like 30ish frames lol. Johnny's f2 is not reactable unless you're focused and in the zone, it can be fuzzy guarded though.

MadeOfMetal

Mileena's F3 is like 30ish frames lol. Johnny's f2 is not reactable unless you're focused and in the zone, it can be fuzzy guarded though.
quick question, why did you even say this?

you are repeating what i said...
idid one 14 saying its possible which is true, i went on to say i could not do this every time. my Average reaction time in frames was 19 1/2 frames. then my second test showed an average of 23 frames on reaction.

never said i could react to it every time. but one thing is not being considered here... there are 2 types of things we use in fighting games, prediction and reaction. there are many situations where your opponent can only do one of 2 things in a given situation!

this is when you can add prediction to safly block a 15 frame move.

and to note: johnny's movelist is not that diverse that we could not guess whether he will D4/113/F3 or F24

he doesn't have that many options when he is spaced away from you, and when you have him locked in the corner.

And yes you are right, i wanst sure what mileenas F3 was but i guess its 33frames... i knew it was super punishable