What's new

New Yomi Tier List after The Big Patch 9/1+

d3 is low profiling +1 on block (+2 from recovery on crouch block), he has one of the best d2 in the game and you can air fireball...

i mean, i can agree on FF being not that good, but DF definetly has it all, even after the nerfs
FF got nothing but buffs but in the end, dragon fire is still better although much harder to use. yes i know he got that fast recovery taken away but it was an unintentional mistake by NRS in the first place.

FF has better zoning thanks to fist bump power up and faster standing fireball. However, both variations has access to low and (instant) air fb. FF also have slightly better defensive maneuvers (counter, but still gets blown up by lows)

However, almost everything DF does is safe or can be made safe. DF flying kick is more or less safe on block and can be enhanced to make him +2. This long with run cancels makes his chip game on par with fist bumped windmill punches.

You can make long elaborate pressure/chip/block strings like:

d3 into f12 into flying kick mb, continue with whatever. sneak in a throw, his f213 fb cancel string or his b12 to break armor against slower reversals. you'll also a good amount of meter back.

d3 is +1 as mentioned f1 is one of the fastest normals in the game (6 frames). anything short of a ex reversal and maybe a few parries will get stuffed.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
FF got nothing but buffs but in the end, dragon fire is still better although much harder to use. yes i know he got that fast recovery taken away but it was an unintentional mistake by NRS in the first place.

FF has better zoning thanks to fist bump power up and faster standing fireball. However, both variations has access to low and (instant) air fb. FF also have slightly better defensive maneuvers (counter, but still gets blown up by lows)

However, almost everything DF does is safe or can be made safe. DF flying kick is more or less safe on block and can be enhanced to make him +2. This long with run cancels makes his chip game on par with fist bumped windmill punches.

You can make long elaborate pressure/chip/block strings like:

d3 into f12 into flying kick mb, continue with whatever. sneak in a throw, his f213 fb cancel string or his b12 to break armor against slower reversals. you'll also a good amount of meter back.

d3 is +1 as mentioned f1 is one of the fastest normals in the game (6 frames). anything short of a ex reversal and maybe a few parries will get stuffed.
Nah dude.. he just bottom 20. :DOGE

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
What's up everyone! Myself and the guys at Yomi think it's time to share to the public what we think our opinion on the current tier list could be. This has been a work in progress in the last three weeks. Assume we are ranking characters based on their best variation for a match up.

*CHARACTERS ARE NOT ORDERED WITHIN GROUPS, JUST TOGETHER IN THE SAME TIER GROUP*

S Tier (most winning match ups)
Quan Chi
Kung Lao
Tanya
Shinnok

A+ Tier
Predator
Tremor
Cassie
D'Vorah
Johnny Cage
Jax

A Tier
Sonya Blade
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kung Jin
Liu Kang
Takeda
Kitana
Reptile
Kano
Raiden

B Tier
Kenshi
Ermac
Mileena
Jacqui
Ferra / Torr
Goro

C Tier (no winning match ups)
Jason
Shout-outs to drastic changes and blind agreement. I'm glad the NRS community stopped using numbered tier lists. I used to laugh so hard when I'd see something like this:
1. MM
2. ZOD
3. AM
I'm happy it's over.

unless a yomi wins an event the tiers arent gonna be considered. YOMIS who read this best get drilling cuz the sonicfox is starting to fly out of the pool