What's new

New MKX Gameplay Preview Video From German Magazine PCGames.de

Why wouldn't I say interactables? Did MK9 have interactables? Off the top of my head; Interactables, traits, some of the combos looks familiar, the speculation of comboing off of d3 and such. Nothing is wrong with any of that. The MK side is definitely the breaker, x-rays, dial a combo, fatalities, etc. etc. It's a match made in heaven.
The fuck are you getting "traits" from? I see nothing like that.

The fuck are you getting "traits" from? I see nothing like that.
They're probably referring to Scorpion's Injustice trait. But it's just a special move in MKX.

I guess you could compare the variations to Trait selection. Since they give different unique twists on the same character and change his playstyle. They just don't have cool down or anything.

For example one of Kotal Khan's variation allows him to put totems on the screen that buffs him or debuffs his opponent. That sure sounds like it could be a trait in Injustice. But you can pick that other V that makes him use a big ass sword which transforms him into a footsie character.

They're probably referring to Scorpion's Injustice trait. But it's just a special move in MKX.

I guess you could compare the variations to Trait selection. Since they give different unique twists on the same character and change his playstyle. They just don't have cool down or anything.

For example one of Kotal Khan's variation allows him to put totems on the screen that buffs him or debuffs his opponent. That sure sounds like it could be a trait in Injustice. But you can pick that other V that makes him use a big ass sword which transforms him into a footsie character.
Exactly. They're just specials, and, at least from what we've seen so far, nowhere near as silly as half of the traits in Injustice. <.<

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
No, you couldn't trade in MK9. One players move would always beat out the others despite being pressed at the same time. It was one of my biggest gripes and I'm super happy they've incorporated legit hit trades now.
Yes you could, I did it all the time. I'd get frozen, while I've burned someone with Scorpion, or they eat my missles or Ermac's hado ball etc, you could both freeze one another for years in MK if both had Sub-Zero. MK has trades....

You seem to be griping over the fact that you lost the trade depending on who you are, that can happen. Example if you're Sektor and trade a missle with Sub's freeze ball. Obviously Sub has the advantage there as he should, that's why you don't just mindlessly spam projectiles against Sub-Zero knowing that can happen. But yes, trades have existed in MK 2 dude....

I don't know what legit trades is, the fighter either offers trades or doesn't. Example, SF has no trades fireballs cancel each other out. MK has trades.

EDIT: apparently were were talking about two entirely different things.....but yes, it appears MK will have normal trades now. Not just with projectiles. Cheers.

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
For the D1,3,4 linking to specials thing, I only found one instance of it with the UI on.

You will notice that he opened with a J1 or 2, but it doesn't actually combo, the counter only shows up when the fireball hits.
To make sure I also made a gif of another combo started from a jump in.

So there is no lag from the combo counter.

MKF30

@ Vulcan Hades

Your trolling and attempt to cover up yourself is embarrassing. I'm referring to projectile trades, not trading normal moves. Who said anything about "normal moves" You knew what I was talking about. I know you're a Capcom fanboy but seriously......

Yes, obviously everyone knows you can't trade normal hits. Again, this has been something MK has always supported while trading projectile moves. In other news, Scorpion's undead. Would you like to state anything else mr. obvious? It's MK, not SF....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Your trolling and attempt to cover up yourself is embarrasing. I'm referring to projectile trades, not trading normal moves. Who said anything about "normal moves" Nice attempt at a save ...but no. You knew what I was talking about. I know you're a Capcom fanboy but seriously...just stop.

Yes, obviously everyone knows you can't trade normal hits. Again, this has been something MK has always supported while trading projectile moves. Your lack of knowledge is embarrassing. In other news, Scorpion's undead. Would you like to state anything else mr. obvious? It's MK, not SF....:rolleyes:
I hope you're not serious. Obviously when we are discussing changes we are talking about one that happened to that thing that kept people buttmad since 2011, which is p1 advantage. Projectile trades are nothing new, noone would even bother bringing them up unless we saw them colliding in MKX, which we didn't.

MKF30

I hope you're not serious. Obviously when we are discussing changes we are talking about one that happened to that thing that kept people buttmad since 2011, which is p1 advantage. Projectile trades are nothing new, noone would even bother bringing them up unless we saw them colliding in MKX, which we didn't.
I'm serious since usually when people say trades, in MK they're referring to projectiles or special moves (didn't think people were still bitching over normal move trades) but apparently so. Either way, while I'm not against it just saying this isn't Injustice or SF. I hate it when people try to turn MK into another fighting game or because another fighting game's mechanics have it. Same thing or similar with the "omg why doesn't MK have back to block instead of a button"

I'm all for improvements, I just am not for turning MK into something it's not. Know what i'm saying?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I'm serious since usually when people say trades, in MK they're referring to projectiles or special moves...
Because there was no trades of anything but projectiles due to p1 advantage in MK9. Specials could only "trade" if both were armored (that wasn't real trade though, more like consequence of taking turns removing/losing armor during collision).

Either way, while I'm not against it just saying this isn't Injustice or SF. I hate it when people try to turn MK into another fighting game or because another fighting game's mechanics have it. Same thing or similar with the "omg why doesn't MK have back to block instead of a button"

I'm all for improvements, I just am not for turning MK into something it's not. Know what i'm saying?
I don't think that removing p1 advantage is "turning MK into something else". Otherwise yes, I think I know what' you're saying.

MKF30

Because there was no trades of anything but projectiles due to p1 advantage in MK9. Specials could only "trade" (not really equivalent trade tbh) if both were armored.

I don't think that removing p1 advantage is "turning MK into something else". Otherwise yes, I think I know what' you're saying.
If both were armored, I know it was more of a cancelled each other out while taking damage(but that rarely happened usually)

Though sometimes you could trade certain special moves for example, I have traded doing Scorp's hellfire with other characters projectile moves then (something rarely spoken about or seen) if you're fast enough while the opponent is stunned you can get a free spear out the stunned animation from his hellfire...there's some other examples too regarding just special moves but I'm sure you get my point.

Removing Player 1 advantage was confirmed already though? I was referring to other properties. But thanks.

MKF30

You know, this whole conversation could have been avoided had you just read the OP or paid attention to the video. All with the added benefit of you not looking like a complete ass.
You know I don't know who you random people are, but I watched the vid the first page if you actually read the topic's posts. Thanks. This "trading hits etc" topic has nothing to do with it since it's about two guys who are clearly more PC gamers who don't know much about MK. I'm just going by what someone said. Perhaps if people were more specific there would be no need for misunderstanding.

But I must ask, why do you even care? What difference does it make to you if other people are discussing something else that has nothing to do with you? Posts like this merely add fuel to a putout fire, those are the ones who come off as asses honestly. Just saying.

You know I don't know who you random people are, but I watched the vid the first page if you actually read the topic's posts. Thanks. This "trading hits etc" topic has nothing to do with it since it's about two guys who are clearly more PC gamers who don't know much about MK. I'm just going by what someone said. Perhaps if people were more specific there would be no need for misunderstanding.

But I must ask, why do you even care? What difference does it make to you if other people are discussing something else that has nothing to do with you? Posts like this merely add fuel to a putout fire, those are the ones who come off as asses honestly. Just saying.
So that's a negatory on reading the OP then.

MKF30

So that's a negatory on reading the OP then.
More like obviously read the OP, and already commented on it pages ago. 2nd page, however I just realized the time i posted was literally around the same time the OP edited his post....

I didn't see that information concerning the "trading hits" until now. I was referring to the translated german dialogue between the two discussing MK X in the video...

More like obviously read the OP, and already commented on it pages ago.
For your convenience

"You can also notice trade with normals at 2:03. I don't remember seeing it anywhere else or confirmed by anybody from the NRS. Seems like no more P1 advantage in MK. Finally."

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
More like obviously read the OP, and already commented on it pages ago. 2nd page, however I just realized the time i posted was literally around the same time the OP edited his post....

I didn't see that information concerning the "trading hits" until now. I was referring to the translated german dialogue between the two discussing MK X in the video...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I added the quote about the trading hits in the very first edition of the OP. It was never edited. :p

MKF30

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I added the quote about the trading hits in the very first edition of the OP. It was never edited. :p
Ah, you didn't a mod did says this on the lower right hand corner of your original post ;)

"Last edited by a moderator: Yesterday at 3:24 PM" :cool: just to confirm I'm not crazy haha. That user pegged that out before anyone. Nice article though btw ;)

@ el Duderino That's what I just pointed out. I had just read/commented on the German guy's comments pertaining to the video/article. A user had pointed that out however. Though I'm curious to hear Boon and company confirm it, elaborate more so.

You pointed out that the OP was edited, implying the original hit trade comment wasn't always there. It was, you didn't read it, and commenced to act like a complete ass when someone dared to point out that nobody was talking about projectile trading.

And quit ghost editing your posts.