What's new

New MKX Gameplay Preview Video From German Magazine PCGames.de

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Alright so @mfkaoz just found this new video with gameplay footage not seen anywhere else.
This video contains what look like actual practical combos, and, lo and behold:

You can also notice trade with normals at 2:03. I don't remember seeing it anywhere else or confirmed by anybody from the NRS. Seems like no more P1 advantage in MK. Finally.
I don't know how those guys got this video, but it looks like whoever was playing knew what they are doing.

Here's the video:

Here is the translation of the German video narration, courtesy of @kabelfritz:
Speaker 1: friendly guys beating up each other... the new mkx was shown at e3
Speaker 2: i was able to see some gameplay and sadly gotta say im a bit disappointed. i hoped for a bit more but this seems like a mix between the predecessor and injustice.
Speaker 1: so game mechanics are more old-school, kinda fast but not as tactical
Speaker 2: exactly. i couldnt play but all the stiff Combos as seen, background elements you can use as weapon or swing from branch to branch, thats all stuff thats in injustice and pro players wont like it
Speaker 1: are there relevant new gameplay elements?
Speaker 2: not really. you can pick from three fighting styles before a fight now. so you can use one move against a certain opponent while against another a differnet style is better. but its sad you cant change it during the fight but only before
Speaker 1: so you cant change it on the fly?
Speaker 2: exactly. that wouldve had more style but probably NRS thinks thats too much work again
Speaker 1: graphics wise its ok but not stunning, judging by the fact its supposed to be next gen. Backgrounds are quite nice but of course kinda artificial again. and of course, as usual in mk...
Speaker 2: sigh...
Speaker 1: ...disgusting stuff. the americans of course are happy about it, it belongs there, the finishing moves. whoever needs it, i think its unnecessary, and pretty disgunsting most of the time
Speaker 2: you look at it 2 times, like it and thats it. the americans went pretty crazy during the presentation... but no.
Speaker 1: we europeans dont think thats ok (<-with kinda ironic voice) and close with the words: meh, its a mortal kombat, kinda entertaining for beat em up-fans, a bit of button mashing, but not more
speaker2: exactly. lets see

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Braindead

The video still feels fishy to me lol.
I googled "Computec Media" and it looks like a German magazine about electronic entertainment and video games. Maybe they made this video and haven't released it yet, but that "PC Games" youtube channel got its hands on it somehow?

I doubt it's banned on PC. I play on PC and there are always a lot of Germany players there.
of course you can play but you cant buy it here. you have to Import it.

and also, majority of tym, be happy you cant understand what they are talking. theyre basically hating on it in a scrubby way.

Braindead

of course you can play but you cant buy it here. you have to Import it.

and also, majority of tym, be happy you cant understand what they are talking. theyre basically hating on it in a scrubby way.
Lol I was going to ask what are they saying.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Wait -- did anybody see that interactible x-ray?

It looked like Scorpion picked the tree branch up to hit Sub with like an interactible, but then he landed some kind of special attack with it and went into slo-mo like an x-ray.

Also, I see Scorp has his trait from Injustice.

It looked like Scorpion picked the tree branch up to hit Sub with like an interactible, but then he landed some kind of special attack with it and went into slo-mo.

yeah but both could be seen many times before. i think These are just cut together and commented. btw, ill translate it. gimme some mins

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
yeah but both could be seen many times before. i think These are just cut together and commented. btw, ill translate it. gimme some mins
Yeah, this was just the first time I noticed the animation. I'm curious as to what that is.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

It looked like Scorpion picked the tree branch up to hit Sub with like an interactible, but then he landed some kind of special attack with it and went into slo-mo like an x-ray.

I need to find that one picture with the timeline where you are currently between Jesus being born and right now.

Edit:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I need to find that one picture with the timeline where you are currently between Jesus being born and right now.
Rofl -- I'm 'busy' on the timeline, these last couple weeks. Just settling down to really dig into footage/interviews now.

But hey, I can't be more than a week and a half behind :p

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
This looks good. Kotal got mid combo totems, hit trades, looks like scorpion's flip kick is his breaker and his old trait still resets or maybe just continues the combo. lOoks like it lasts until he's hit now.

Edit: also, holy shit did he just combo from his fireball pointblank into throw? Inferno might be where its at.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
This looks good. Kotal got mid combo totems, hit trades, looks like scorpion's flip kick is his breaker and his old trait still resets or maybe just continues the combo. lOoks like it lasts until he's hit now.

Edit: also, holy shit did he just combo from his fireball pointblank into throw? Inferno might be where its at.
He also does the flipkick at 1:10 as well, and then neutral jumps to combo off it.