What's new

New MKX Gameplay Preview Video From German Magazine PCGames.de

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
It's a shame we can't see the hood in this video, because it was the one that showed the best gameplay.
Oh, and trades had already been seen in one of the E3 videos, I believe against Ferra/torr and Sub-zero or Kotal Khan.
Sub-zero seems to have that "ground pound" move even when the ice clone is not there, Kotal Khan can summon totems mid combo... Really cool stuff.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The most important takeaway from this video IMO is that the standing resets mb grabs leave you pretty much at neutral frames which makes sense.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Speaker 1: are there relevant new gameplay elements?
Speaker 2: not really. you can pick from three fighting styles before a fight now. so you can use one move against a certain opponent while against another a differnet style is better. but its sad you cant change it during the fight but only before
Ummm, I'd say there are several new gameplay elements. These guys are fucking morons.

Notez4

Noob
Im happy, it seems like every characters neutral jump punch is Personalized. Aaaaand scorpions looks epic. Would've liked to see some more detailed Ferra torr combos though.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
Translation:

Speaker 1: friendly guys beating up each other... the new mkx was shown at e3
Speaker 2: i was able to see some gameplay and sadly gotta say im a bit disappointed. i hoped for a bit more but this seems like a mix between the predecessor and injustice.
Speaker 1: so game mechanics are more old-school, kinda fast but not as tactical
Speaker 2: exactly. i couldnt play but all the stiff Combos as seen, background elements you can use as weapon or swing from branch to branch, thats all stuff thats in injustice and pro players wont like it
Speaker 1: are there relevant new gameplay elements?
Speaker 2: not really. you can pick from three fighting styles before a fight now. so you can use one move against a certain opponent while against another a differnet style is better. but its sad you cant change it during the fight but only before
Sounds like a typical SRK fanboy conversation.

I seem to notice that there is no real emphasis on any scrubby wake up mechanic in this game. That along with the trades, lack of P1 advantage, and all of the other shortcomings that MK9 had is keeping my interest. (along with 60 FPS of course :))