What's new

New MKX Gameplay Preview Video From German Magazine PCGames.de

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
This looks good. Kotal got mid combo totems, hit trades, looks like scorpion's flip kick is his breaker and his old trait still resets or maybe just continues the combo. lOoks like it lasts until he's hit now.

Edit: also, holy shit did he just combo from his fireball pointblank into throw? Inferno might be where its at.
Standing resets still there with the spear.

Translation:

Speaker 1: friendly guys beating up each other... the new mkx was shown at e3
Speaker 2: i was able to see some gameplay and sadly gotta say im a bit disappointed. i hoped for a bit more but this seems like a mix between the predecessor and injustice.
Speaker 1: so game mechanics are more old-school, kinda fast but not as tactical
Speaker 2: exactly. i couldnt play but all the stiff Combos as seen, background elements you can use as weapon or swing from branch to branch, thats all stuff thats in injustice and pro players wont like it
Speaker 1: are there relevant new gameplay elements?
Speaker 2: not really. you can pick from three fighting styles before a fight now. so you can use one move against a certain opponent while against another a differnet style is better. but its sad you cant change it during the fight but only before
Speaker 1: so you cant change it on the fly?
Speaker 2: exactly. that wouldve had more style but probably NRS thinks thats too much work again
Speaker 1: graphics wise its ok but not stunning, judging by the fact its supposed to be next gen. Backgrounds are quite nice but of course kinda artificial again. and of course, as usual in mk...
Speaker 2: sigh...
Speaker 1: ...disgusting stuff. the americans of course are happy about it, it belongs there, the finishing moves. whoever needs it, i think its unnecessary, and pretty disgunsting most of the time
Speaker 2: you look at it 2 times, like it and thats it. the americans went pretty crazy during the presentation... but no.
Speaker 1: we europeans dont think thats ok (<-with kinda ironic voice) and close with the words: meh, its a mortal kombat, kinda entertaining for beat em up-fans, a bit of button mashing, but not more
speaker2: exactly. lets see

Braindead

Translation:

Speaker 2: i was able to see some gameplay and sadly gotta say im a bit disappointed. i hoped for a bit more but this seems like a mix between the predecessor and injustice.
Speaker 1: so game mechanics are more old-school, kinda fast but not as tactical
Speaker 2: exactly. i couldnt play but all the stiff Combos as seen, background elements you can use as weapon or swing from branch to branch, thats all stuff thats in injustice and pro players wont like it
Speaker 2: not really. you can pick from three fighting styles before a fight now. so you can use one move against a certain opponent while against another a differnet style is better. but its sad you cant change it during the fight but only before
Speaker 2: exactly. that wouldve had more style but probably NRS thinks thats too much work again
Speaker 1: graphics wise its ok but not stunning, judging by the fact its supposed to be next gen. Backgrounds are quite nice but of course kinda artificial again. and of course, as usual in mk...
Speaker 1: ...disgusting stuff. the americans of course are happy about it, it belongs there, the finishing moves. whoever needs it, i think its unnecessary, and pretty disgunsting most of the time
Speaker 2: you look at it 2 times, like it and thats it. the americans went pretty crazy during the presentation... but no.
Speaker 1: we europeans dont think thats ok (<-with kinda ironic voice) and close with the words: meh, its a mortal kombat, kinda entertaining for beat em up-fans, a bit of button mashing, but not more
Good grief!!!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Translation:

Thanks -- added your translation to the OP.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
The video still feels fishy to me lol.
I googled "Computec Media" and it looks like a German magazine about electronic entertainment and video games. Maybe they made this video and haven't released it yet, but that "PC Games" youtube channel got its hands on it somehow?
What do you mean "fishy? "

Braindead

What do you mean "fishy? "
Well at first I was surprised how they got this video. All E3 long we didn't see any videos from anywhere other than well-known sources (PS, Gamespot, Twitch.. etc.) so we assumed WB or NRS didn't allow videos to be taken while people tried it.

The other thing was why the video has so many dislikes. But now after Kabelfritz translated what they are saying I guess people don't like the dumb conversation so that would explain the dislikes.

Finally I still think this Youtube channel got its hands on the video but it was supposed to be released elsewhere. Otherwise they wouldn't hide the "Computec Media" with the annotation.

EDIT: I removed the "fishy" part from the OP because now I think the comversation explains the dislikes so I don't feel fishy anymore lol :D

Wait -- did anybody see that interactible x-ray?

It looked like Scorpion picked the tree branch up to hit Sub with like an interactible, but then he landed some kind of special attack with it and went into slo-mo like an x-ray.

Also, I see Scorp has his trait from Injustice.
This was shown during E3...

Decay

King of the Bill
Translation:

These dudes have no clue. Just assuming there's no tactics behind it and that it's like injustice with the interactables. And the nerve to say "the Americans love it" and "we Europeans dislike it".. speak for yourself dog

Well at first I was surprised how they got this video. All E3 long we didn't see any videos from anywhere other than well-known sources (PS, Gamespot, Twitch.. etc.) so we assumed WB or NRS didn't allow videos to be taken while people tried it.
Finally I still think this Youtube channel got its hands on the video but it was supposed to be released elsewhere. Otherwise they wouldn't hide the "Computec Media" with the annotation.
well this is in fact the official channel of one of germanys biggest PC magazines, the PC games, which is released by computec media. nothing shady about it. doesnt change anything about the terribly biased commentary though. but usually this mag is quite good, i dont get it. last issue i bought was 10 years ago though :D things might have changed

Rodrigue

Spongerod
These dudes have no clue. Just assuming there's no tactics behind it and that it's like injustice with the interactables. And the nerve to say "the Americans love it" and "we Europeans dislike it".. speak for yourself dog
LMAO have you been on psn EU? Europeans go apeshit about MK and IGAU. Almost 90% of the players there are german or dutch! These guys have clearly no idea what they are talkin about

Hini

Batomancer
I have not spoken to a single fellow swede yet that dislike the X-rays, in fact that seems to be things that most of my friends are excited about. Granted I dont know every single swede but there is a pretty huge swedish facebook gamer group (300 members) and everybody is loving it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Computec is the parent company that owns a lot of German gaming print magazine, web, and media properties including PCGames.de. The annotation is just a link to the PCGames channel and was probably put there because it's not covering up anything important.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
5Ermac's, dude you could always trade in MK man lol.

LOL @ "the bit of a button masher" part, well...they are PC guys so to be expected :p

The game disturbs them haha too violent, another MK banned from Germany. Sucks for the hardcore German fans though.

Scorpion will have tons of juggles I can tell lol.

Braindead

Computec is the parent company that owns a lot of German gaming print magazine, web, and media properties including PCGames.de. The annotation is just a link to the PCGames channel and was probably put there because it's not covering up anything important.
well this is in fact the official channel of one of germanys biggest PC magazines, the PC games, which is released by computec media. nothing shady about it. doesnt change anything about the terribly biased commentary though. but usually this mag is quite good, i dont get it. last issue i bought was 10 years ago though :D things might have changed
Alright that explains it. Thank you.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
"Speaker 1: so game mechanics are more old-school, kinda fast but not as tactical.

---meh, its a mortal kombat, kinda entertaining for beat em up-fans, a bit of button mashing, but not more"

Hahahahahahaha! These guys seriously have no idea what they are taking about!

Very sad that they allow non-fighting game players to review a game like this if its a major magazine in Germany.

What's really funny too is that they are saying this shit while the video is showing the most advanced combos and gameplay we've seen since E3 lol.