What's new

Mortal Kombat X to be Region Locked

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
The worst thing about this issue is that NRS is worried about story mode, DLC, guest characters than the online stability of the game. Its sad, but the one player mode of MK seems to be at least as important as the online modes, and in 2015 fightgames are made for online matches. I hope NRS dont use the Activition attitude with COD:"take the money and forget online problems"
Ah, dont expect Boons answers, he online make trolling answer about trash issues

The worst thing about this issue is that NRS is worried about story mode, DLC, guest characters than the online stability of the game. Its sad, but the one player mode of MK seems to be at least as important as the online modes, and in 2015 fightgames are made for online matches. I hope NRS dont use the Activition attitude with COD:"take the money and forget online problems"
Ah, dont expect Boons answers, he online make trolling answer about trash issues

I was not expecting a reply as such, but was a bit surprised, due to the fact my question was a valid technical one about the title's netcode programming and was ignored in favor of trolling posts.

The only hope now is that Gamespy servers have gone and its the case of whether they have gone down Capcom's or M$ KI's route for online play.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
What's the point of deleting it if its already out there? Now that shit is pathetic...or maybe I am just not PR savvy. If people keep raising hell over the issue, it certainly would not hurt. If not this time, in future games.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
All region lock vs. not aside, there is no game that is flawless online that I've ever played regardless of the console, system or genre. Played MK and lagged, SF and lagged, even yes the mighty COD and Halo series...

Nothing is perfect, online is imperfect. Fact. Deal with it and move on.

This is why I refused to play anyone overseas online because no point lol. So in a way if Xbox this time is indeed region locked, I'm fine with that.

@looktotheluna well you have to remember one thing, it's Ed Boon dude. lol The guy probably gets about a million tweets a day mostly asking dumb questions like "omg make Sonya's ass hot and her face pretty" that are trivial or utterly pointless tweets, hell he may not even see your tweet til tomorrow or something lol.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
He should of jst left the tweet it shows more incompetence deleting iti almost give him credit for letting s know before hand instead of getting surprise on release day

the subject is blown up on other forums now, its not just us in minority hee

JDM

Noob
The doesn't say much, i believe you could play with people overseas, the thing is it would be extremely laggy(which was the case with people near you anyway).

Seriously, people should start asking them about the netcode more, because that is a vital aspect of the game, i tried on twitter with Boon, to no avail, Ono was already talking about netcode for SFV even when the game is still far from being released, given NRS track record, it's only fair to be unsure when it comes to netcode.
They won't fucking answer. Probably because their netcode is shit and they know it. I'm so disappointed.

@obliviator89 It is going to be Injustice EU All over again. Why is NRS The only studio doing this ? What is the point of it. I loved it in Injustice when a friend of mine in the same city got Injustice US and we could not play each other online ever.

I guess this game will just be there to fill the time until Street Fighter 5 / Tekken 7 comes out. I am not expecting EU PS lifetime more than couple of months.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I can understand why people are upset. I have a XB1 so I won't have any issues but I totally get the frustration. NRS is like the only one to do this type of shit anymore lol
I personally think this has to do more with how Microsoft handles its internet infrastructure combined with how NRS handles its netcode. IIRC Sony has different infrastructure in place for PSN as opposed to XBox Live.

So either NRS doesn't want to go the extra mile for cross-region play on PSN or something weird is going on with that interaction.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
My heart, it's breaking. I'm pc mustard race but this stuff make me sad for my you're-a-peeing friends.

Fingers crossed it was deleted because of an error, and they show a new stream next week focused on netcode with a new huge replay depository system with dynamic camera angles and frame data input. PAULOOO.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Why don't we start some type of petition demanding a solid netcode and or disclosure on its specs before it is released because I will not buy it if it has shit netcode

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
To me, nrs not disclosing any information on how they have improved the netcode, just makes it seems like they are not confident in it and is probably bad again. Why would you not give importance to arguably the most importanr aspect of the game

I was playing on the 360 and was able to get decent connections with people from the U.S, so seeing as how I'm on the Xbone now, I think I'll be alright.

I'm actually kinda glad I didn't get a PS4 after all. I wanted it solely for MK X but if it's region locked like it was on the PS3, I feel like I've dodged six-seven hundred dollar bullet.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
This pretty much proves it has nothing to do with ney code BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE SAME NET CODE!
It doesn't take a genius to realize that data transfer protocol has nothing to do with regions.
Now, is there any hard sources on what will or will not be region locked and what exactly that means?

Alternately you could get a decent gaming PC for the price of a modern gaming console and avoid this problem entirely as SFV will also release on PC. If you play stick, your stick will likely work with your PC if it's 360 compatible.

You don't have to buy console, and perhaps if the PC platform sells well NRS will consider doing the PC version in-house rather than outsource it to High Voltage next time.
I do have a stick actually, and a couple of madcatz pads but I mostly use the stick.

Noob
This is getting a bit out of hand with speculation and misinformation. in another website an update ran that said only ps3 will be regionlocked everything else will be Rfree... can someone plz confirm this for sure?! is it all playstation platforms locked or just ps3? cause as such this quite affects me, to the fellow US players saying they dont care bout this because they get to play freely with their friends/community etc... remember there are quite a lot of US citizens that have to often work outside the US for long periods of time... myself included on that list...so as such im currently in the UK for sometime as such i decided to get my CE here, 1. not going to cancel it cause they are gone everywhere. 2. dont feel like buying another copy in the US just to play with my friends etc... this is quite ridiculous cause when i get home (US) i will have a useless game....