Mortal Kombat X to be Region Locked

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I really think we need a petition

Is ut gonna unlock the EU regions?
most likely not

Will they give us a truthful reason?
most likely not

But we need to let them know they cant get away this shit, and we are not happy.

Honest question other NRS games, what was the last game that was online region locked? not region locked? but online region locked?
im not talking about nearest region focused either, im talking about where you cannot play any other regions and what year was that game?

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I live in the US. I have played many games both region locked and non region locked. I never have any issues finding people to play with.

Use your head. This game is going to sell a shit ton of copies. There are going to be tens of thousands of people on for a while.

Obviously casual players will drift off the game after a bit, but us here at TYM will play it just like MK9.

I can understand if you live in like Africa or something, but I mean if you live in the US / China / Europe / Australia, you aren't going to have issues finding people to play with.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
These are the main questions man lol. Nobody but NRS will be able to tell is why.

All I am trying to say is that the netcode and lag have ZERO to do with region lock... it might be a BS excuess that is given but it is hardley ever the case...

PS4 and XBox One have dedicated servers and PS has openly said they are against region locking so this is pretty interesting...

But once again I highly doubt to do with the quality of online....

Also we are from America so this really does not affect us...
I looked it up while all the arguing was going on, and yea I it looks like it could be for a few reasons, but none are because of net code lol.

We'll just have to wait and see. I just can't imagine it being too bad. Injustice online was an improvement on MK9 and I'd expect MKX's to be better than Injustice.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
If SF V was coming to XBone then it would be a no brainer for me. I like fighting games. I want to play SF V when it lands. Which at the moment means getting a PS4.
Alternately you could get a decent gaming PC for the price of a modern gaming console and avoid this problem entirely as SFV will also release on PC. If you play stick, your stick will likely work with your PC if it's 360 compatible.

You don't have to buy console, and perhaps if the PC platform sells well NRS will consider doing the PC version in-house rather than outsource it to High Voltage next time.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I live in the US. I have played many games both region locked and non region locked. I never have any issues finding people to play with.

Use your head. This game is going to sell a shit ton of copies. There are going to be tens of thousands of people on for a while.

Obviously casual players will drift off the game after a bit, but us here at TYM will play it just like MK9.

I can understand if you live in like Africa or something, but I mean if you live in the US / China / Europe / Australia, you aren't going to have issues finding people to play with.
Thats not the point its principal of them making the decision for us when on Xbox they get region free!!!

as you said your from the US this is not a problem for you, do you know how many people are averagely on PS4 Injustice before it went free. 20 at best.

even if it has a 100 that is still not a good number.

What if i want to play a friend from the US?
i have to buy the game again

we are not discussing how well the game gonna sell we all know it well sell greatly, but because of that we should just brush the dirt of our shoulders?
The US has a big high level online community EU has a few and most who play it competitively will play it on XBox because why? no region lock.

Listen if your on XBox or from the US its not a real problem to you. so unless your from the EU you cant relate why this s so bothering

trufenix

bye felicia
I know thats the answer i fear from them.

But its no problem for XBox lol, its like "Fuck it, just copy and paste the code, they will complain but they'll get over it"
Sometimes technology does players favors. Why do you think PC is such a popular platform? No way to control the players.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Thats not the point its principal of them making the decision for us when on Xbox they get region free!!!

as you said your from the US this is not a problem for you, do you know how many people are averagely on PS4 Injustice before it went free. 20 at best.

even if it has a 100 that is still not a good number.

What if i want to play a friend from the US?
i have to buy the game again

we are not discussing how well the game gonna sell we all know it well sell greatly, but because of that we should just brush the dirt of our shoulders?
The US has a big high level online community EU has a few and most who play it competitively will play it on XBox because why? no region lock.

Listen if your on XBox or from the US its not a real problem to you. so unless your from the EU you cant relate why this s so bothering
I dont think this thread or the OP is saying don't be mad... But that region lock and net code are seperate things...
Region lock is a trade agreement/$/Silly rules and regulations deal... Not net code..

As to why NRS(which really is WB) is having a issue other games are not... Look at company and platform origin countries...

Last edited:

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I have anybody gone on Twitter to ask these questions to NRS/WB, because it's a safe bet that none of our questions will be answered in this thread...

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I would say for the people upset to start making noise on twitter. no one likes bad press and with valid points and enough people NRS will have to respond.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Dude, NRS' development ethos is so vague that I don't think there really is a right or wrong way to "complain" this. We're talking about the same developers that implored player 1 advantage and randomly decided winners after draws until it was exposed to the point where it risked realistic PR damage.

trufenix

bye felicia
Dude, NRS' development ethos is so vague that I don't think there really is a right or wrong way to "complain" this. We're talking about the same developers that implored player 1 advantage and randomly decided winners after draws until it was exposed to the point where it risked realistic PR damage.
you don't really know what you're talking about, please stop

I never had a issue with NA or CA players with me being in the UK, back in the MKD/MKA days of 2004-2005-2006 on the Xbox original and PS2.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes the odd match here and there would be laggy, etc, but the majority of the time it was fine and I had some great matches.

The same applied to MK9 on PS3 and Xbox 360 too (even go as far as the PsVita:), latency was not that bad. However, the PC steam port of MK9 was a fucking joke and region free my ass, as the whole server was dominated by Russians, no matter what setting was used for matches and the latency (pings) was disgusting overall and the latest patch they released last year did not improve it all.

The whole experience killed it for me and that is why I have now gone back to consoles for MKX and future fighting games.

If MKX is region locked, so be it, as I will have a US and a EU copy with two accounts, if that is the case.

This doesn't confirm or deny that MKX will have bad netcode.
But seriously NRS, their is no excuse.
Literally EVERY fighting game out now has good netcode. It's 2015, their is no excuse.
I actually sent a twitter msg to Boon recently before this thread started, asking a technical question on how their net code was shaping up and if they implemented any new ways of improving it over MK9 and Injustice, etc,. Instead, he was busy replying to idiots asking what character was returning and if they didn't they wouldn't buy the game.