What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-1-2016

E

Eldriken

what if it means other characters/variations do not need the sweeping changes that Jason got. :eek:
That is completely possible. Not gonna deny that. I'm not a developer, so I shouldn't really be saying anything at all. Just was my two cents on the matter.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I've actually noticed this for quite some time, but now that i see it in the patch notes im really curious of the thought process behind quans B4.

They buffed it to have more pushback, and make it -8 instead of -12. Cool. Seems nice.

But then you have D4. Which is the same animation, 5 frames faster, only -4 on block, same pushback AND has 29 frames of cancel advantage. ie d4 ex rune(which is godlike btw).

Soo...whats the point of B4? lol

@colt

Espio

Kokomo
what if it means other characters/variations do not need the sweeping changes that Jason got. :eek:
A lot of characters got huge lists of changes in previous patches. I feel like people forget very quickly. I remember seeing extensive lists for Goro and Kitana vividly over the last year of the game's life. Now that they're in a good position, they don't need as massive of change lists as Jason got.

I'm actually confused why anyone would wonder why characters that got a lot of help and are in decent shape didn't get the same as Jason, a character most agreed was far below even the other low tier characters.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Hopefully the TriBorg means Lin Kuei faction got buffed too, so I can finally get my stupid finishing move unlocked.

No complaints on the characters changes for the ones I play.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
This is why the variation system sucks in this game.

Based on how good one character's variation is, the other ones get cast aside and when those variations get nerfed, these lesser ones suffer as well indirectly.

I'm calling it right now, this game will take eons to balance, and even then that is a subjective word. I don't even think it will ever get balanced the way things will go.

There have already been speculations for KP3, which I honestly doesn't happen for a variety of reasons with one of them being this patch.

This game is very one-dimensional in terms of playstyle, and even with the variation system, there is still no satisfaction as far as I'll be concerned since I got the game a few weeks back (which is not even my copy or my console but my friends).

Honestly, I hope after one more honest patch this game dies. That's just me because I feel no connection with the game at this point especially after this patch.

Last edited:

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)

Based on how good one character's variation is, the other ones get cast aside and when those variations get nerfed, these lesser ones suffer as well indirectly.

I'm calling it right now, this game will take eons to balance, and even then that is a subjective word. I don't even think it will ever get balanced the way things will go.

There have already been speculations for KP3, which I honestly doesn't happen for a variety of reasons with one of them being this patch.

This game is very one-dimensional in terms of playstyle, and even with the variation system, there is still no satisfaction as far as I'll be concerned since I got the game a few weeks back (which is not even my copy or my console but my friends).

Honestly, I hope after one more honest patch this game dies. That's just me because I feel no connection with the game at this point especially after this patch.
A lot of people is quick to whine, but that's okay, I know there is no perfect game so it's bound to happen. Just don't wish bad things for us that do play and enjoy the game to its fullest.

Samsara

Resident Cynic

The variation system assumed that all playstyles would be viable in this game's meta, and that access to 3 variations would allow people to avoid hard counterpick mentalities and offer variety.

Boy were we wrong.

Crusty

A lot of people is quick to whine, but that's okay, I know there is no perfect game so it's bound to happen. Just don't wish bad things for us that do play and enjoy the game to its fullest.
Just because a game dies doesn't mean it cannot be enjoyed, this is coming from the guy whose played IGAU to this day, much to everyone's annoyance.

Crusty

The variation system assumed that all playstyles would be viable in this game's meta, and that access to 3 variations would allow people to avoid hard counterpick mentalities and offer variety.

Boy were we wrong.

So instead of just dropping the game yourself, you want to community to drop it? What kind of mindset is that?

Crusty

So instead of just dropping the game yourself, you want to community to drop it? What kind of mindset is that?
I never said that I meant just die soon, there is too much in this game at this point for it to be saved.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX

Don't wish death upon my game! I love MKX and wish to see this game live +6 years like SF4

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
still not enough.. that launcher shouldnt have been realisticaly safe in the first place, and his MB option shouldnt be an option lol
I think the best way to address this MB option for certain multi-hitting specials should apply to more moves throughout the game or no moves... It may be an unpopular opinion but thats how I would like to see things happen. It never would but I would love it if say EX hell sparks was always four hits with plus frames and the regular version be just the three hits. That grants a lot of options to characters with already good options while others suffer. I just believe in an effort to achieve balance it's a logical change. The change to Quan's MB Rune for example now is almost more of a guessing game than before. Pre-patch it was almost guaranteed to come if he had the meter, now, he can delay it so if you try to punish you can get blown up if your ready to move after his rune. The low chakram on the other hand, why can't I throw it and MB it to call it back..? I just feel hit confirming should apply to normals not specials. I don't expect any change or plan to whine and complain about not receiving a change, its just my ideal scenario...

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I think the best way to address this MB option for certain multi-hitting specials should apply to more moves throughout the game or no moves... It may be an unpopular opinion but thats how I would like to see things happen. It never would but I would love it if say EX hell sparks was always four hits with plus frames and the regular version be just the three hits. That grants a lot of options to characters with already good options while others suffer. I just believe in an effort to achieve balance it's a logical change. The change to Quan's MB Rune for example now is almost more of a guessing game than before. Pre-patch it was almost guaranteed to come if he had the meter, now, he can delay it so if you try to punish you can get blown up if your ready to move after his rune. The low chakram on the other hand, why can't I throw it and MB it to call it back..? I just feel hit confirming should apply to normals not specials. I don't expect any change or plan to whine and complain about not receiving a change, its just my ideal scenario...
yeah i get you.. but basically you're giving a character another mindgame from a punishable move on top of jailing pressure and good zoning

Crusty

Don't wish death upon my game! I love MKX and wish to see this game live +6 years like SF4
I didn't mean to sound toxic, if you want to play, you can play. I'm just saying just NRS cannot balance the game with all these inconsistencies.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I didn't mean to sound toxic, if you want to play, you can play. I'm just saying just NRS cannot balance the game with all these inconsistencies.
True. But Im hoping they can get thier act together and listen to the hardcore community more for balancing. I don't know who they refer too when it comes to balance.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
yeah i get you.. but basically you're giving a character another mindgame from a punishable move on top of jailing pressure and good zoning
I feel like there are chars that have that already, like the hell sparks for example. I may be wrong but when shinnok has a bar there is no punishing hell sparks. lol But yeah I guess its some slight jealousy salt. But I'll live...