What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-1-2016

Unbreakable Sub-Zero players get jackshit, while DLC gets freaking 100% reset combos? DLC gets the best zoning/pressure/rushdown tools while Necromancer Shinnok doesn't get his 312 Judgement grab on male hitboxes fixed correctly? Kano's B1 in Commando and Cybernatic gets nerfed? #NRSLogic.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
When you play shitters like Kitana and Goro, the only place you can go is up ayye.
Ok this seriously made me lol irl :p

I play Kitana myself and love the assassin treatment. She's not a pressure character so the mournful change using ex glaive into 212 is a bit odd.

Tanya is a hated character but I don't agree with what they did to kobu; it's a bit overkill and should be changed again.

Like I've said before, I'm all for fair balancing, but nerfing her damage when she was dependent on meter hurts her a lot. Same for her combo ender utilizing 34 into flip kick is unnecessary. B1, 2+4 should be -8 on block not -10.

Liu, Johnny, D'vorah and Jax's pressure should be touched then if that's how they feel it should work. I know a lot of folks complained that Tanya is cancer and they got what they asked for, but I'm quite sick of scrubs whining just so they can have a character become obsolete and have an easier time winning.

Not sure if this has been covered but can some please explain this?

• Increased combo damage scaling after a throw tech
Thanks!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Not sure if this has been covered but can some please explain this?

• Increased combo damage scaling after a throw tech
Thanks!

There are some situations where you can tech a throw but still be comboed. For example, you place a trap style move behind the opponent and then go for a throw. If they tech they stumble into the trap. There is now increased scaling for combos following that scenario.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
can someone explain what it means when a certain move has its damaged scaling increased?

Example, one of the patch notes last year noted that kitanas fans had their damage scaling increased. Does this mean it would take less or more damage in combos?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
can someone explain what it means when a certain move has its damaged scaling increased?

Example, one of the patch notes last year noted that kitanas fans had their damage scaling increased. Does this mean it would take less or more damage in combos?
When you do a combo, the first hit will do 100% of its damage, all other successive hits will scale, meaning do less than they usually do outside of a combo. They are saying their combos will do less damage, combos that did around let's say 41 %, for a character like Kung Jin back in day 1, will now do 35% by increased damage scaling.

There are some situations where you can tech a throw but still be comboed. For example, you place a trap style move behind the opponent and then go for a throw. If they tech they stumble into the trap. There is now increased scaling for combos following that scenario.
Got it. Thanks!

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
So the pressure of J.Cage A list is still based on his Stamina ? ...... No gaps ? .....

Fucking hell......

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Look. This is Netherrealm Studios third attempt at a balanced competitive fighting games, if they can't get it right this time they ain't going to get it right for the next one....so stop guys.