What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-1-2016

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Why do you care about viability? I thought you quit since Fujin didn't make the cut. :DOGE
Wow, uncalled for. I was planning to to play KI and SFV but what's weird is that playing SFV has made me want to play MK which is something I didn't think I'd be saying... Even then if I had quit it doesn't mean I don't want to see the variations I play get what they need.

E

Eldriken

Wow, uncalled for. I was planning to to play KI and SFV but what's weird is that playing SFV has made me want to play MK which is something I didn't think I'd be saying... Even then if I had quit it doesn't mean I don't want to see the variations I play get what they need.
Uncalled for? Jeeze. Joke, man! Joke!

Afumba

Noob
So sad Mystic Ermacs push is still -24... Really disappointing.

Its twice the jackass move... first raising ppls hopes and then crushing them last minute. But they probably had some good laughs about it i bet.

Everyone who told me to stop downplaying Unbreakable when I called it out 7 months ago of being under powered and at risk of being left behind can honestly eat every word they ever spoke.

UNBREAKABLE IS CONFRIMED TRASH

>No Aura Buffs
>No Parry Buffs
>Tools that Don't Function in the Meta
> No Damage
>No Purpose

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES, ANONS. YOU CAN'T COME BACK. THIS IS YOUR HOME NOW.
Yeah man I feel you. I was pretty disappointed with the lack of attention to unbreakable. The one buff it got is pretty booty.

WATCHD0G

Noob
No salt here, scorpion got buffed, sub got minor buffs, and looking forward to playing around with triborg and BRC. Oh and we now have an awesome online to boot. Life is good!
Now that's a refreshing outlook to have.....a lot of people like to focus too much on the negatives

Espio

Kokomo
This patch was good to Goro and Kitana. I've been having so much fun with suped up Dragon Fangs and Assassin that I have not put as much time into Tri-Smoke as I would like.

I enjoyed the fisticuffs changes in the beta a lot as well.

No real complaints from me. No matter what patch drops, you cannot please everyone so the displeasure is to be expected.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Let me see if Cybernetic, Special Forces, Necromancer, Hat Trick or Ancestral were given anything:

• Kano - Up Ball&Uprise Ball will hit more consistently after 7 startup frames
  • Kano - Away+FP is now -8 on block (down -2)
  • Kano - Away+FP, FK is now -2 on block (down from -1)
  • Kano - Down+FP is now -7 on block (down from -9)
  • Kano - Down+FK now has 7 startup frames (down from 8)
  • Kano - Away+BK has increased pushback and is now -6 on block (up from -10)
  • Kano - Down+BK is now -12 on block (up from -7)
  • Kano - Air Ball now hits overhead
  • Kano (Cybernetic) - Upward Laser now has 6 startup frames and 21 recovery frames (down from 10 startup and up from 18 recovery)
So they fixed air ball and made it a frame slower, made his best pokes better but left his worst one pretty much useless, nerfed his B1 so he'll get punished for using it in staggers and instead of giving him a slight damage boost to be able to compete with the rest of the cast in that area they gave him a 50/50 with air ball. Meanwhile they buffed what was already his best variation unnecessarily for the second time now. Alright then maybe one of the other ones will be better.

• Sonya - Away+BK has increased pushback and is now -10 on block (up from -14)
They buffed what was already her best variation, gave her a universal change and left Special Forces untouched. Ok then, next.

• Shinnok - Amulet Curse has increased pushback on block
  • Shinnok - Down+FP is now -7 on block (up from -9)
  • Shinnok - Down+BP is now a high block
  • Shinnok - Away+BK has increased pushback and is now -8 on block (up from -19)
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - Judgment Fist & Judgment Smash now has 52 startup frames and is +2 on hit (down from 58 startup and -3 on hit)
LOL they nerfed EXBF1?! And instead of buffing his zoning they buffed his unblockables....and only by 6 frames. Welp.

• Kung Lao - Reduced the hit region of Jumping BP
  • Kung Lao (Tempest) - Orbiting Hat is now +7 on block (down from +12)
  • Kung Lao (Tempest) - Orbiting Hat is now +40 on hit (up from +17)
  • Kung Lao (Tempest) - Cyclone pulls the opponent closer when blocked
So nothing for Hat Trick? *sigh* Maybe Ancestral will have something new?

• Kung Jin - Towards+BK is now +4 on block (up from -1)
  • Kung Jin - Away+BK has increased pushback and is now -8 on block (up from -12)
Nope. Slightly better sweep even though D+B4 is cooler looking anyway and slightly better F4.

:(

As most have already stated, the disappointment lies in them not giving the underwhelming variations really much at all (and even in some cases, they get nerfed from the base character changes). Off the top of my head these variations are necromancer, buzzsaw, hat trick, dualist, ancestral, metallic, unbreakable, master of storms and definitely many more.

Sigh. Some of this is very disheartening. It's clear that the variation system is too much for them to handle balance-wise, and so they are simply adjusting the best variations for each character and throwing seemingly random consolation buffs to the worse variations (or in the case of characters like Kano, even NERFING his worse variations a bit). Really weird.

This patch was good to Goro and Kitana. I've been having so much fun with suped up Dragon Fangs and Assassin that I have not put as much time into Tri-Smoke as I would like.

I enjoyed the fisticuffs changes in the beta a lot as well.

No real complaints from me. No matter what patch drops, you cannot please everyone so the displeasure is to be expected.
Lol why would there be complaints from you when you got everything you mostly wanted;)

E

Eldriken

Jason's changes this patch show that NRS knows how to do their job balance wise. The lack of every character receiving the same treatment makes it seem like they're too lazy to do it. =|