What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-1-2016

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
What makes Fisticoofs still unviable? 17% throw and high B1212 damage sounds pretty good on paper.
dude have you played fisticuffs cage since the changes? He freakin hurts now man. Fist bump lasting longer and having less recovery frames is nice, it affecting speed bag while they are blocking or not is better. The 17% throw is nice too
Yeah, this was a step in the right direction, but definitely not enough.The problem (or one of them) is that the frames of the speedbag remained the same besides 1 frame shaved from startup. They were already bad since 6/23 nerf, and now that pokes have been generally buffed through the cast, the move is even worse, and it's his only way to "pressure". So he has no real pressure. It's pretty pointless that he can do a bit more damage if his chances to open up the opponent are still trashy. And speedbag's annoying whiffing issues are there. Yes, the main string of the variation still just works BAD, and probably nrs doesn't even bother.

He got his d4 nerfed, which hurts him much more than the other two variations. Also his b2 is not special cancelable anymore, eliminating the best way to safely activate fistbump.

He should have an ex fistbump with better properties, or at least a way to introduce the regular fistbump in combos without putting himself in a very unsafe scenario. Many characters have this option. His 113, his only string with a low, is still unsafe no matter what you do after, besides exforceball, and even with this there's a gap.

Also, the general chip reduction hurts him because he was a chip oriented variation. The speedbag got more chip, yeah, but all his other moves got it reduced.

He was one of the worst variations in the game, and considering this patch as a whole, his spot now is even lower.Don't take me wrong, he is fun to play, more than before. But he is not viable by any means in competitive environments.

Last edited:
Yeah, this was a step in the right direction, but definitely not enough.The problem (or one of them) is that the frames of the speedbag remained the same besides frame shaved from startup. They were already bad since 6/23 nerf, and now that pokes have been generally buffed through the cast, the move is even worse, and it's his only way to "pressure". So he has no real pressure. It's pretty pointless that he can do a bit more damage if his chances to open up the opponent are still trashy.

He got his d4 nerfed, which hurts him much more than the other two variations. Also his b2 is not special cancelable anymore, eliminating the best way to safely activate fistbump.

He should have an ex fistbump with better properties, or at least a way to introduce the regular fistbump in combos without puting himself in a very unsafe scenario. Many characters have this option.

Also, the general chip reduction hurts him because he was a chip oriented variation. The speedbag got more chip, yeah, but all his other moves got it reduced.

He was one of the worst variations in the game, and considering this patch as a whole, his spot now is even lower.

Don't take me wrong, he is fun to play, more than before. But he is not viable by any means in competitive environments.
come on man he can still pressure with 1, 11, f4 and now his 17% throw.
His chip damage is pretty sick with fist bump up. 10f aint too bad for being a safe stagger string that can break armor. Each punch on block is 1.20% chip. to each his own but im not buying into the woe is me hes trash tier just yet

ismael4790

come on man he can still pressure with 1, 11, f4 and now his 17% throw.
His chip damage is pretty sick with fist bump up. 10f aint too bad for being a safe stagger string that can break armor. Each punch on block is 1.20% chip. to each his own but im not buying into the woe is me hes trash tier just yet
Sadly that's not true pressure, the "classic" Cage mixup is not even a decent mixup. In an escenario where pokes have been significantly buffed, there's nothing to respect in his "pressure".

It's good you are optimistic, man. I hope I could say the same.
But the majority of the Cage community agree with this. Let time pass and I'm sure you will see.

The buffs are not bad by themselves, but don't cover the true problems of the variation.

It's like giving sunglasses to a blind man. Yeah, he's going to look cool, but he will still be blind.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I really hope NRS doesn't do another game with the variation system.

It's a nice idea but executed terribly with the balancing department. It's pretty bad when the worst variations for a character get little to no love Dualist, Pyro, hat trick ect. Received little to no love with the things they did get where indirect nerfs because they had better variations. The buffs they did receive didn't help the core problems they had.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I really hope NRS doesn't do another game with the variation system.

It's a nice idea but executed terribly with the balancing department. It's pretty bad when the worst variations for a character get little to no love Dualist, Pyro, hat trick ect. Received little to no love with the things they did get where indirect nerfs because they had better variations. The buffs they did receive didn't help the core problems they had.
The BS started over a year ago when characters everyone was expecting to make the cut didn't, it also let the impression that some characters only made into this game due heavy influence of they being pretty popular in the hand of certain players.
Then they gave us 4 guests in one single game, pretty sure no one saw that coming.
Then they canceled the PC version, which will not share the same love

Then us from Euro PSN users got screwed again with some controversial practice, the XL pack wasn't available for pre-order on Playstore until march 1st, which means i and a lot of people who didn't had Kp1 had to buy separated IF we wanted the pre-order bonus which were the cosplay skins, the XL pack is only available since yesterday, and who has purchased them doesn't have the cosplay skins even if they purchased more cheaply, kinda makes yourself wonder if that wasn't made intentionally.

Gold Scorpion, and some other mobile skins are not available for purchase, you have to play the mobile version if you want the mobile skins even if you don't have time for it.

even after all this, i kept myself positive, hoping that since i didn't got to play my main character because its not in the game, the one i've been playing since launch would actually get looked at and get is core issues fixes, and even that i didn't got it so there has to be a way to describe how i feel.

If i was there at nrs, i would definitely yell at someone, but i'm just one guy, there has to be a lot of people who share the same feeling out there but their voice as my own cannot be heard, but its their choice if they are really listening or not, but it kinda sucks to be on this side of the fence if you ask me.

i know this might not be the right place to talk about this, but some countries are on very bad shape, having games its not in the luxury list and you have to make sacrifices to have them, on mine for example, 100$ is equivalent to 40k kzs (our national currency), you having a 100$ bill is what some families are working hard for 30 days to get close to that value, its gets screwed when PSN from europe has not the same previlegies with US, just saying.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Ehh, no buffs to balanced kenshi's specials. Through all my complaining I was actually kinda hopeful, now I just don't know what to feel. Do they care or do they actually think balanced is good how it is? Surely not...

...also are there likely to be any more patches after this?

Lokheit

Noob
Undocumented Sub-Zero changes:

- B4 in addition to the block adv changes, got start up changed from 19 to 15, recovery from 32 to 26 and hit adv from 17 to 23.

- X-Ray data now reflects it's correct block adv (19), but the startup still reflects only the startup until the parry and not the hitting startup.

- Klone Shatter damage scale has been adjusted to reduce combo damage, from 0.95 damage scale to 0.855

ismael4790

Ehh, no buffs to balanced kenshi's specials. Through all my complaining I was actually kinda hopeful, now I just don't know what to feel. Do they care or do they actually think balanced is good how it is? Surely not...

It also shocks me that Balanced had no significant buffs. There is consensus about him being trash tier, and nrs seems not to care.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
They changed up a bunch of stuff we didn't even ask for which leads me to believe (if it isn't too strange) that it's a pride thing at this point. They know kenshi (particularly balanced) is weak but don't want to fix the character they intentionally stealth nerfed and created to be weak in the first place. That would be like saying they made a mistake or something.

All this complaining from the actual players and lists of stuff that needed changing only to be completely ignored and given a bunch of stuff that looks like it was created through RNG. I'm not gonna lie, it's painful to be ignored like this NRS.

Seriously possessed can now do jump in punch and kick after teleport? Reflect now parries physical attacks? Did anyone actually want these changes? What a joke NRS.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

For what my opinion is worth, the buffs to Kenshi's normals/strings in general may turn out to be all Balanced needs in the long run. Marksman Erron didn't receive any direct buffs but command grab being advantage on hit again put a huge chunk of wind back that variation's overall utility.

Also I don't mean to throw shade but, I think a lot of Kenshi players should ease up on their attachment to Balanced in the first place. As far as Scorpion goes, Inferno has essentially received no help at all for the entirety of the games life but the majority of the Scorpion community (IF they ever played Inferno at all) just moved on to the other variations and got on with it like 8 months ago lol.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Seriously possessed can now do jump in punch and kick after teleport? Reflect now parries physical attacks? Did anyone actually want these changes? What a joke NRS.
Just to be clear we did want faster reflect and the added parry ability to it is nice. Jip of teleport also is pretty handy, creates a legit pressure and mindgame for Possessed (thou no idea who would play him, since you just pick Imposter Shinnok now which does everything Possessed can - just better).

For Kenshi they did like 50% of what we wanted. They just skipped Balanced mostly (which is dead now, coz no - better neutral [new string, improved b1 etc] doesnt help him enough if everything else he has is total crap) and didn't fix some other obvious things which needed to be done for Kenshi.

Its the patch coming out for PC guys??
Nothing is coming to PC, not the patch and not KP2. MK on PC is dead.

Last edited:
Just to be clear we did want faster reflect and the added parry ability to it is nice. Jip of teleport also is pretty handy, creates a legit pressure and mindgame for Possessed (thou no idea who would play him, since you just pick Imposter now which does everything Possessed can - just better).

For Kenshi they did like 50% of what we wanted. They just skipped Balanced mostly (which is dead now, coz no - better neutral [new string, improved b1 etc] doesnt help him enough if everything else he has is total crap) and didn't fix some other obvious things which needed to be done for Kenshi.

Nothing is coming to PC, not the patch and not KP2. MK on PC is dead.
Thanks! I guess Im done with MKX :(

E

Eldriken

Nothing like waiting a few extra days and still not receiving the full patch notes. Why omit changes from a list that contains changes?

Oh, well. Thanks for at least giving us these notes.