What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-1-2016

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
keep in mind more accurate frame data means some moves will say they're different but it's actually the frame data changed to be what the move actually alway was
16 bit, being the inside man, is there a reason that a full comprehensive list isnt actually provided when a major patch like this drops?

As an example, Sorcerer quan chi is missing at least 6 major changes that i can think of off the top of my head
-Black Magic now drains meter when trance lands
-Black Magic now drains a small amount of meter when opponents blocks ground burst or skull
-Black Magic now drains slightly more meter from the opponent when landing ground burst or skull
-Air skull gravity has been increased on airborne opponents
-Dark Curse now refreshes a hit of armor more frequently
-Dark Curse no longer refreshes when exiting and entering the portal

Demo Sonya also has several changes not listed. I guess i just dont understand why NRS wouldnt provide full notes on all changes, including bug fixes

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Kotal's B12 was made -13, from -8. It could have always been like this because it wasn't used often enough for me to really notice by eye. Either way the frame data was changed

Everyone who told me to stop downplaying Unbreakable when I called it out 7 months ago of being under powered and at risk of being left behind can honestly eat every word they ever spoke.

UNBREAKABLE IS CONFRIMED TRASH

>No Aura Buffs
>No Parry Buffs
>Tools that Don't Function in the Meta
> No Damage
>No Purpose

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES, ANONS. YOU CAN'T COME BACK. THIS IS YOUR HOME NOW.
I love the slide buff

Reactions: PPJ

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
keep in mind more accurate frame data means some moves will say they're different but it's actually the frame data changed to be what the move actually alway was
Ehhhh, coming from someone that checked the frame data frame by frame, it's still off. Some of the numbers provided IN the notes are even wrong, and strings don't just "become" MORE negative when they were already unsafe to begin with...and that's with checking it by frames as well as reversals.

Sidenote, unless it was always like this but the window was too small, you can tech throws now even if you were blocking. Still have to guess which side, so still classic NRS 50/50 as opposed to the good ol' 33/33/33

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I'm guessing by the sarcastic response that it wasn't an error and that's actually how you do it over there? I know you've got miles and inches and whatever but I legit didn't realise that you guys went month, day, year. Well that's what I'm guessing anyway.

New Zealand
Yeah, that's the US format.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Funny how noxious gets no buffs but Acid Alien is out doing what Reptile suppose to have done or been. Kano B1 being stupidly nerf for no reason. Cyber gets no real love. I feel bad for Tanya I never complained about her. Tremor gets nerf for who knows what reason. Really uncalled for nerfs for Sonya grenades, didn't see how Demo needed any. But at the same time you didn't fix anything on Special Forces Sonya?? Why is it so hard to work on least used variations NRS?

yay kano nerfs...

any statement on the scorpion buffs? These plus frames dont look healthy...

Last edited:

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
How confident are you and the rest of the guys at NRS that the frame data in the move lists are now accurate across the board?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
RIP Hat Trick, he gets to keep his HCB inconsistencies, no hitbox fix, still whiffs, there are even characters who can neutral crouch his mid special move.
If HCB hits anyone crouching, you have to use a different filler because the float is way too low, and you will never be able to tell when that will happen on actual matches, so his OTG game is his own demise.
Can't combo with the hat behind him, unless he tries to pull out a gimmick with two bars, which isn't even guaranteed. Above trap is just there, tele 2 still whiff if you react to some projectiles with it.
And not forgetting that HCB is -7 on block, so he can't use against himself when he doesn't have a bar.

mean while, Tempest gets his ex hat spin to be +40 on hit. So basically NRS is saying "Play tempest"

Nice job NRS.

Last edited:

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
RIP Hat Trick, he gets to keep his HCB inconsistencies, no hitbox fix, still whiffs, there are even characters who can neutral crouch his mid special move.
If HCB hits anyone crouching, you have to use a different filler because the float is way too low, and you will never be able to tell when that will happen on actual matches, so his OTG game is his own demise.
Can't combo with the hat behind him, unless he tries to pull out a gimmick with two bars, which isn't even guaranteed. Above trap is just there, tele 2 still whiff if you react to some projectiles with it.
And not forgetting that HCB is -7 on block, so he can't use against himself when he doesn't have a bar.

mean while, Tempest gets his ex hat spin to be +40 on hit. So basically NRS is saying "Play tempest"

Nice job NRS.
Yo. Variation system...NOT.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Seems it was too much to ask for Fisticuffs Cage to be viable...never allowed to live.

Balanced Kenshi left without buffs on his main specials, besides a parry reflect that used up close will get you blown up 99% of the times. If you truly wanted to buff his defense, nrs, give him a better push and teleflurry...

And why his overhead slice is still -1 on hit. Why? Why???

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Seems it was too much to ask for Fisticuffs Cage to be viable...never allowed to live.

Balanced Kenshi left without buffs on his main specials, besides a parry reflect that used up close will get you blown up 99% of the times. If you truly wanted to buff his defense, nrs, give him a better push and teleflurry...

What makes Fisticoofs still unviable? 17% throw and high B1212 damage sounds pretty good on paper.

dude have you played fisticuffs cage since the changes? He freakin hurts now man. Fist bump lasting longer and having less recovery frames is nice, it affecting speed bag while they are blocking or not is better. The 17% throw is nice too