What's new

MKX Versus MK9 Graphics/Detail Comparison Picture

You can't be serious. He looked his absolute worse in MK9. The hair was atrocious and his face was terrible. :DOGE
I am serious. I feel like he looked classic in MK9, I didn't think he looked bad at all but maybe i'm in the minority. Like I said I may come around to it eventually but it is a huge leap from how he looks in MK9 to MKX.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
let's agree to disagree. KI's art style is succeeds in its attempt to look both stunning and cartoony while mk has and continues to fail in its realistic approach. KI is beautiful in person. We'll see if the same can be said for MK.
Yeah let's disagree lol because MK X totally doesn't fail to most graphically from what I can tell honestly. The 3D Mk's totally would agree, they looked like cartoony, bulky action figures but ever since MK DC they've really uped their game and mostly MKX now.

I've played KI a ton, it is a nice looking game but my point is more so regarding character models. Backgrounds are very nice in both KI and MK X. I'm sure most would agree on that.

Characters being disproportional is actually looking more obvious in MKX. As an example, look at Mileena. Her head is disproportional to her body which makes her look cute as fuck.

Also, Maya is bae.
I respectfully disagree with that, Kitana looks realistic compared to Orchid's body. Here's what I'm referring to.

Here's what I am referring to. Look at orchid's hands compared to Kitana's, MK X characters are far more accurate. The only character I'll admit at first looked odd was Cassie but they clearly fixed her since then...

Orchid look how bulky and big her hands are, way too big. Her arms also look....weird, like choppy hard to describe.

Now Kitana, her hands are much smaller more accurate to the rest of her body. Her arms too.

Now, real actual girl compare which models above look more realistic. Clearly it's Kitana.

They left it in so the reviewers could go "omg it's just like console w/ da exploding backgroundz omg so portable full gameeeeee"
Dude I was watching a youtube review and he said some of the stupidest fucking shit I have ever heard.

He said something along the lines of "Injustice plays flawlessly on the vita. It looks so much better than MK9, MK9 was a disappointment for me on the vita. It looked horrible and felt clunky" no fucking joke. I'm pretty sure he played like one match on injustice or some shit. How do people NOT notice the frame rate drops?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
honestly though... I do think I like cage's face in MK9 better. New him looks... weird. He looks INFINITELY better with his shades on though, that's for sure.
It's funny because I know people like that in real life... Where it's like ok please put your glasses back on... I do picture cage as that kind of person...

Immortal

Blind justice....
NRS is listed as having 50-200 employee (most likely due to stage of development)
CDP shows ~230...
So bout same size really CDP also owns GOG.. And they use a engine they made from the ground up....they are awesome yes..
But its not really comparable... WB doesn't rain $ on NRS just because... And they are probably given less freedom on how to spend it then CDP...
CDPR has about 140 people (got many friends working there) team atm and of course is a part of CDP group. NRS has about 154 people team (Shaun confirmed that on Twitter). Budget wise - while W3 has the biggest budget like in the Polish game industry ever its probably still way lower then NRS budget for MK X. Reason for this - man power(work) is way cheaper here (Poland) then it's in USA.

Yeah CDP owns CDPR and GoG... It may be some kind of crazy business reason as to why CDP owns CDPR as something seperate when they are both listed as game studios or maybe they did that when they started GoG so it was all seperate... That I do not know..
It's perfectly reasonable given the utterly atrocious tax system here (Poland). It's way cheaper to maintain this way.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Johnny San I see what you're saying, body wise I think both games do well though I have to say Orchid's tits look a little weird almost like someone added a bump on her chest area and depending on the person almost looks muscular in a way(if you're into that) Kitana totally looks more realistic than MK 9 Kitana(who looked more hookerish) her tits are more proportional no doubt, hands though IDK. something about Orchid's hands(her fingers and thumb muscles look very manly to me) I think they could be a tad smaller.

I have no issues with any of their heads personally though, I think the head issue has variables like pose, angle etc. You can test this out yourself and see what I mean, look into a mirror stretch your neck out like Kitana is doing in her pose or bring it in like the real girl, or if you stand straight and turn slightly you'll be more aligned to Orchid's stance.

But I hear ya, guess we have a preference.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
CDPR has about 140 people (got many friends working there) team atm and of course is a part of CDP group. NRS has about 154 people team (Shaun confirmed that on Twitter). Budget wise - while W3 has the biggest budget like in the Polish game industry ever its probably still way lower then NRS budget for MK X. Reason for this - man power(work) is way cheaper here (Poland) then it's in USA.

It's perfectly reasonable given the utterly atrocious tax system here (Poland). It's way cheaper to maintain this way.
Yeah figure it had something to do with taxes... It always does... Lol
Money and size wise they seem pretty comparable considering all the differences in what the $ gets you...
But probably my 2 favorite studios so tell your friends they rock for me...

its a huge leap, it seems like yesterdays cutscene quality is todays gameplay quality, and todays teaser trailer quality will hopefully what 5 years from now looks like

Neclord

Noob
Everything looks better in MKX except for the female characters.

Female characters look terrible now, except Jackie Briggs and the cameo of Sindel.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I like how the females also have a more modest appearance this time around.

Sonya, for example, is still wearing a similar outfit, but her breast aren't exploding out of her vest this time.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
I must say that I really do love the way MKX looks. Is it the most amazing graphical game of the year? No it isnt. But is it enough for me to look at it and think that it looks fantastic. Speaking of details and graphics was I the only one who found the excessive battle damage in MK9 a little ridiculous? I love the battle damage in MKX

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's been 4 years between the two, and an all new platform. Of course graphics improved. It's gameplay I'm waiting to see. About 4 hours before I can.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Reading through discussion about proportions on latest pages, I would like to point out that "disproportional" characters aren't exactly unrealistic. For example, Mileena's head is plausible if we assume that she is just not very large (disregarding all that "she isn't even human" stuff). Same goes to Orchid's arms - she obviously doesn't have constitution of those models (or they don't have one of hers :p ), but it isn't impossible either.

Like someone said already, there are people like that, more or less, and when you are making cast of snowflakes that are supposed to be exceptional people, you don't have to stick to statistics and make "right" number of characters of certain type.

By the way, on that JC comment: maybe that's the reason he wears sunglasses in the first place? :)