What's new

MKX Versus MK9 Graphics/Detail Comparison Picture

Out of all the characters I pretty much expected Cage to be changed the least. I don't see why they found the need to completely alter his appearance for MKX, he was perfect in MK9. I feel like it's just a way for them to show off the new features in MKX but it made him look worse. His hair looks fucking stupid, he seriously looks like Kurt Russell now. Not to mention the voice, his voice was so much better in MK9 imo. I feel like it's going to bug me through the entire story.
You can't be serious. He looked his absolute worse in MK9. The hair was atrocious and his face was terrible. :DOGE

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
These kinds of things obviously differ from developer to developer. I don't know anything about Tekken or its developer but if that screenshot is supposed to be what the PC version looks like, then they're really doing a good job using what's in front of them. I like to imagine NRS would do a better job in this scenario.

Also, I know about the Neo Geo. My dad used to tell stories about that thing for years.
I agree that it's more impressive all around than MKX, and it's probably only going to get better when the public build is released. But I wouldn't exactly think without hesitation that MKX and Tekken 7 were running on two different systems.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I agree that it's more impressive all around than MKX, and it's probably only going to get better when the public build is released. But I wouldn't exactly think without hesitation that MKX and Tekken 7 were running on two different systems.
I actually meant to put "not really doing a good job". My bad.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Another thing I've noticed is how smooth the animations are compared to MK9. I always felt like MK9 was clunky or something.

Do you guys believe NRS will go for console parity? I've noticed they use a XB1 build on streams. I'm curious to see if the PS4 version will look the same or slightly better.

Some of the animations look weird af. Very unrealistic, and some of the moves look very unrealistic too. Like Sonya's perry and her grab were she jumps on you and then somehow she flips you in the air, like she did to Quan Chi. Like wtf? But I guess this is MK...

Is The Witcher 3 60 FPS(locked) + 1080p on consoles?(rhetorical btw) CDprojekt has been showing what would be the PC building on max, not really fair.
As I said, I'm not familiar with the Witcher 3's actual graphics. But you can compare that to the promotional screenshots of MKX (which probably look the closest to the PC MKX anyway). PC MK9 looked way more similar to promotional screenshots of MK9 than the console versions did. Then again, who cares lol MKX is probably going to look ugly when MK11 comes out in 4-5 years or so.

insignis

Noob
I believe Witcher 3 has a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger budget so it will be superior over MKX.

MKX looks great. Sonya and Cage in story mode trailer looked awful (weren't fully developed?) but in the breakdown I noticed the difference.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Some of the animations look weird af. Very unrealistic, and some of the moves look very unrealistic too. Like Sonya's perry and her grab were she jumps on you and then somehow she flips you in the air, like she did to Quan Chi. Like wtf? But I guess this is MK...
Probably one or two quirky ones and some that'll look weird because it's just a weird ass move that'll look goofy however you do it but across the board the animations in this game are superior to MK9 which is more important the pure graphic fidelity for a fighting game because most of what you'll see will be in motion 24/7.

The big difference is... man face is gone.

Just look at sonya in the MKX shot. So beautiful!
Remember how horrible Cassie's face looked the first time we saw it? Then, months passed and came some new streams and BAM! Cassie now looks amazingly better. I thought NRS was not going to fix her face.

E

Eldriken

I believe Witcher 3 has a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger budget so it will be superior over MKX.

MKX looks great. Sonya and Cage in story mode trailer looked awful (weren't fully developed?) but in the breakdown I noticed the difference.
You think a small group like Projekt Red has a bigger budget than NRS who have WB backing them? I somehow doubt that's the case at all. The Witcher games aren't aywhere near as big in name and popularity as Mortal Kombat.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Remember how horrible Cassie's face looked the first time we saw it? Then, months passed and came some new streams and BAM! Cassie now looks amazingly better. I thought NRS was not going to fix her face.
Yeah, I knew they would fix her... she was clearly a character that wasn't polished at all. They just wanted to show off some new characters I think.

But yeah, she looks great now!

E

Eldriken

MKX to MK9 comparations... OP posts 2 pictures... lol
I didn't say it was an in-depth comparison and I didn't make the picture myself. If you read the OP, I said I came across it and felt like posting it. It was just a simple comparison. It's not going into pixels, resolution, HDR lighting or any kind of shit like that. Just something for you to take a glimpse at and share your opinion(s).

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
This thread is all like... Hey terminator 2s effects looks so cool compared to the first one... Yeah but fuck you because I like Rambo...
Also saying the game looks unrealistic is like complaining an apple doesn't taste like pizza enough for you... Earth realmers are stupid...
But I've been playing 9 on vita so yeah...
Also MKX is all sorts of beautiful moving in person...

Saint Op Omen

You think a small group like Projekt Red has a bigger budget than NRS who have WB backing them? I somehow doubt that's the case at all. The Witcher games aren't aywhere near as big in name and popularity as Mortal Kombat.
NRS is listed as having 50-200 employee (most likely due to stage of development)
CDP shows ~230...
So bout same size really CDP also owns GOG.. And they use a engine they made from the ground up....they are awesome yes..
But its not really comparable... WB doesn't rain $ on NRS just because... And they are probably given less freedom on how to spend it then CDP...

E

Eldriken

NRS is listed as having 50-200 employee (most likely due to stage of development)
CDP shows ~230...
So bout same size really CDP also owns GOG.. And they use a engine they made from the ground up....they are awesome yes..
But its not really comparable... WB doesn't rain $ on NRS just because... And they are probably given less freedom on how to spend it then CDP...
They own GoG? That I did not know. =O

But yeah, you're probably right now that you mention all of that.

insignis

Noob
The Witcher gained it's popularity and has publishers as WB and Namco behind'em.

Of course I can be wrong as we can find information about sales and budget for The Witcher 3 but no information regarding MKX.

Saint Op Omen

They own GoG? That I did not know. =O

But yeah, you're probably right now that you mention all of that.
Yeah CDP owns CDPR and GoG... It may be some kind of crazy buisness reason as to why CDP owns CDPR as something seperate when they are both listed as game studios or maybe they did that when they started GoG so it was all seperate... That I do not know..

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I don't think KI looks better than MKX. At all. Tone down the unnecessary amount of particle effects and a few other things and it could probably run on the 360.

I'm not saying that KI is an ugly game, however. It's just like @aldazo said: It looks like an enhanced SFIV game.

It did: