What's new

MKX Versus MK9 Graphics/Detail Comparison Picture

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Does Tekken 7 use UE4 or is it a modified version of UE3 as well? Every game I've seen that uses the new engine looks amazing.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Graphically yes of course but some designs ahhh MKX Sonya is fucking ugly...MK9 Sonya looked better (in the face) lol

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Massive difference. You notice it especially in the proportions. In MK9 everything was bloated and a bit cartoony while MKX has slimmed down and gone for a more realistic approach. So basically MK has finished its bulking phase and is now in the process of cutting :REO

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
that beard looks pasted on
Now that you mention it, it kinda does lol. It looks normal in the video though.

It's not just how good the characters look that separates MKX from MK9, it's the facial expressions & attention to detail. Like when Kenshi looks at Johnny, he raises his eyebrow. You can tell because the blindfold shifts upwards a little.

I mean, it'd be so easy to give the guy with the blindfold a blank expression all the time - maybe move his mouth a bit - but nah.

Justice

Noob
I'll never forget when I finally got my hands on Battle Arena Toshinden for psx. It was a launch title I wanted badly. When I finally got it, it was near the end of psx's life and I took it back because it looked so horrible compared to the games out at the time for the same system.

E

Eldriken

I'll never forget when I finally got my hands on Battle Arena Toshinden for psx. It was a launch title I wanted badly. When I finally got it, it was near the end of psx's life and I took it back because it looked so horrible compared to the games out at the time for the same system.
Battle Arena Toshinden looked awful but it was amazing fun.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Imagine if PC was the lead platform.

It'd be roughly the same. There's no "limit" to what you can develop for so you're forced to make your own limitations so more than just the highest-end of PC's can run it. You need you minimum requirements to be attainable by average consumers and also consider that there's a billion different configurations out there whereas consoles are what they are. You know what you can and can't do and can program to get it up to the standard you want (1080p/60fps for MKX).

E

Eldriken

If this was on PC, I would expect people to mod the shit out of it. Could you imagine what someone could do to it with the iCEnhancer mod? Just look at what they did to GTA IV on the PC. O.O

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The models are significantly better, they actually look like humans, and not giant potato people given sentience.

Faces still need work, but most of them aren't ugly anymore, they just have a weird clay look to them. Kinda odd at first, but I got used to it.

astronout

see you at the top.
In all honesty, MKX's graphics are superbly underwhelming. When I see what a game like Killer Instinct, a day one launch title for the XB1 is capable of in regards to not only graphics, but also character design in general, MKX comes up significantly short. Now, I understand what MKX offers what KI doesn't in regards to a story mode, mini games, etc., but that doesn't stop me from looking at MKX's visuals with a critical eye. When I saw Sonya's hair and face for example, it just showed me how lazy of an approach the designers took when they decided to have her in the game.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
In all honesty, MKX's graphics are superbly underwhelming. When I see what a game like Killer Instinct, a day one launch title for the XB1 is capable of in regards to not only graphics, but also character design in general, MKX comes up significantly short. Now, I understand what MKX offers what KI doesn't in regards to a story mode, mini games, etc., but that doesn't stop me from looking at MKX's visuals with a critical eye. When I saw Sonya's hair and face for example, it just showed me how lazy of an approach the designers took when they decided to have her in the game.
You mean this?:

To me this :u looks like an enhanced SFIV, I would take this :d over the above, seriously, look:

I might be in the minority here, but I feel that MK9 had a more realistic feel to it. Then again, I do feel like the PS2-3D era MK games were the height of the games graphics for a while.