What's new

MKX Versus MK9 Graphics/Detail Comparison Picture

E

Eldriken

I stumbled across the following picture and it made me notice the huge difference between the two games. Take a look for yourselves:

Obviously a lot has changed as far as the characters look goes (it HAS been 25 years), but I'm talking about how different they are detail wise.

It's quite a huge leap forward in my opinion.

What do you folks think?

E

Eldriken

Graphic and of course gameplay wise MKX is a HUGE upgrade.I'm glad to see NetherRealm Studios is using X1/PS4 to its full potential.
I wouldn't say we've seen the full potential of either system yet. They haven't been out long enough for that, y'know? What I am glad about, however, is that developers seem to be having a much easier time making better use of the hardware early on compared to the likes of the PS3's Cell Processor. I still think there's untapped potential left in the One/PS4.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Lol yeah I guess I went a little bit overboard with the whole "full potential" thing huh? What I meant was there's been some games for X1/PS4 that I thought was. gonna begraphically amazing but when it was finally released at best it was "meh"

E

Eldriken

It's a huge leap graphic wise. I see MK9 looking more like a cartoon now compared to MKX. MKX characters and backgrounds looks beautiful.
Agreed. The much darker and more serious approach of MKX is definitely showing. I'm loving it.

Decay

King of the Bill
A big change in anatomy makes a huge difference. The lightning engine is so much more advanced too, which creates a way more cinematic experience. Now even though the graphics are much better, they aren't at their full capacity yet in next gen. Since the game is coming out on old gen, NRS isn't able to go 100% on the amount of polygons and stuff per character and stage. One day though, well see it :)

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Lol yeah I guess I went a little bit overboard with the whole "full potential" thing huh? What I meant was there's been some games for X1/PS4 that I thought was. gonna begraphically amazing but when it was finally released at best it was "meh"
Well, you did. I would be mad as hell if the console I just bought already reached its full potential with MKX :p

E

Eldriken

Well all this and they're still using UE3, right?

What would happen if they moved to UE4...
Yep. It's a heavily modified version of UE3.

I wonder when people are gonna jump to UE4. It's apparently better than UE3 in every way possible.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Why are you bringing this up? o_o I'm sure everyone is aware of that.
Hmm ...IDK I could have been reading to many things at once...but someone said it was next gen and a few articles said ,how it looks on next gen hardware....I stream of conscientiousness type a lot...lol

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I actually re-played through the MK9 story mode a week or so ago and definitely had a 'Wow, this looks rough now." moment. Especially looking at the female characters. It was just ridiculous. Very glad MKX is going for more of a realism approach.

@Linkuei82 really nailed it with the "cartoony" comparison.