What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Mileena Mileena Matchup Discussion

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Who is saying unwinnable and why?
People have said it, however the most notable I believe was Pig at CEO. Could be wrong, but a commentator 100% said it.

For Ravenous I get punished for everything, my cancellable strings become somewhat safe to unsafe.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
People have said it, however the most notable I believe was Pig at CEO. Could be wrong, but a commentator 100% said it.

For Ravenous I get punished for everything, my cancellable strings become somewhat safe to unsafe.
Unwinnable? I would say it's tough but not unwinnable.

Endding

Ehh maybe it's just the salt talking but it's easily her worst, second would be KL or possibly tied.

Pig thinks Cassie is broke, so I don't know how unbiased his point of view is. Is the match he was commentating on youtube somewhere?

Endding

Is it her worst? Maybe I haven't played a really good Cassie to see it
I feel pretty confident in saying so, but I am a Ravenous main so Ex Flip Kick Reversal does get me harder that it would in Piercing / Ethereal I'd imagine.

Who do you thinks her worst?

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Lol all this talk of an "unwinnable" match up. I refuse to acknowledge the idea that Cassie shuts Mileena down on every position of the screen and scenario.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't think it's unwinnable, trust me... I know how an unwinnable MU feels and Cassie vs Mileena isn't one, but it's definitely pretty bad, Cassie can punish everything but 21U4, she can also punish F12B4 but that's kinda harder, she outfootsies Mileena, she does more damage, and Mileena's pokes make this MU pretty bad, she has to commit to roll to get out of some situations, and that's not a good thing sadly, not to mention that her standing reset takes away our wake-ups.

I think we all should make a MU chart (bad, even, good only) I don't think it's time to say numbers yet, but we all can agree on what MU's are bad or harder.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
FWIW I think Jax is Mileena's worst match-up. She can't handle the pressure and can't low profile f2. He can keep her locked for the entire match and the only thing Mileena can do is YOLO EX Roll IF AND ONLY IF he doesn't happen to be pressing 11 at the time (it will break the armor)... You can stuff his wake-ups with f21b4 but you will catch him in the air and won't be able to capitalize on it.

Between 11, f21 , d3 , d1d2 , f4 and his command throw, I feel Mileena is helpless. She needs BUFFS to be able to reliably stop him from harassing her free.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
@EMPEROR_SunFire
That's not true about the strings. She still has 123/4, b12, and while its -7 pushback makes f23 safe. Then obviously 21u4.

Keep this is mind too, Cassies 6 frame flip kick takes her out the portion of the cast we can pressure with f12 because it starts up too fast so really there's no reason to use f12 in the first place. Yes it beats glow kick but why is she going to use that?

There's no doubt she has good footsie tools but d3/4 work well against b12 because they low profile the first hit. These buttons can stop b12 dead and because of the hurtbox cannot be whiff punished. Neutral jump works here and can lead to 35% and let's not forget roll is a great whiff punishing tool because of its speed and hurtbox and leads to respectable damage. It's a very unorthodox footsie tool.
I won't say this matchup isn't hard but if you have a solid set of fundamentals it may not be as hard as it seems. Mileena has the tools and with characters like these you have to be able to adapt to different types of playstyles to win.

Last edited:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Funny thing about the Jax matchup, went into the Jax forum for research, and checked a matchup thread. Multiple players felt Mileena was a bad matchup for Jax! Some even went as far as calling it 7-3. Lab time is in order to say the least lol.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Surfing yt and this video was in my recommendations. Its the video of the CEO commentator saying bae has no chance vs Cassie:

Funny thing about the Jax matchup, went into the Jax forum for research, and checked a matchup thread. Multiple players felt Mileena was a bad matchup for Jax! Some even went as far as calling it 7-3. Lab time is in order to say the least lol.
I think Mileena/Jax is even honestly. Jax cannot wakeup against you.. and you can low poke jax in neutral cassies b1,d3, and ex flip kick are why the mileena matchup is so hard.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
@EMPEROR_SunFire
That's not true about the strings. She still has 123/4, b12, and while its -7 pushback makes f23 safe. Then obviously 21u4.

Keep this is mind too, Cassies 6 frame flip kick takes her out the portion of the cast we can pressure with f12 because it starts up too fast so really there's no reason to use f12 in the first place. Yes it beats glow kick but why is she going to use that?

There's no doubt she has good footsie tools but d3/4 work well against b12 because they low profile the first hit. These buttons can stop b12 dead and because of the hurtbox cannot be whiff punished. Neutral jump works here and can lead to 35% and let's not forget roll is a great whiff punishing tool because of its speed and hurtbox and leads to respectable damage. It's a very unorthodox footsie tool.
I won't say this matchup isn't hard but if you have a solid set of fundamentals it may not be as hard as it seems. Mileena has the tools and with characters like these you have to be able to adapt to different types of playstyles to win.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, but you are not opening anyone up with the 123 string tho. I also forgot to mention that Cassie is one of the few characters that can punish Mileena for doing 21U4, she can armor the last hit and even if Mileena only does 21 she is at -7, meaning that reversal EX flipkick will punish it.
Also, D4 on footsies is ok, but Cassie can actually whiff punish that D4 on reaction with B1, so I don't think it's a very good idea, you don't want to whiff ANYTHING against Cassie. It's a wrong statement, Cassie can punish a whiffed D4 because of the recovery frames on it, I play good Cassie players and they always blow me up for it.

Lol, probably because Jupiter got 3-0'd by Saltface. I saw the match, and he'd have been fine if he just stopped eating raw Telekicks.

Lab time is indeed required. On both ends.

I'm really worried about Kenshi and Cassie for EVO, as those 2 are really hard matchups.

Matchups that also feel bad/may be bad - Jax, Sonya, Lui Kang, Ermac, Subzero, Erron, Kung Lao

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, but you are not opening anyone up with the 123 string tho. I also forgot to mention that Cassie is one of the few characters that can punish Mileena for doing 21U4, she can armor the last hit and even if Mileena only does 21 she is at -7, meaning that reversal EX flipkick will punish it.
Also, D4 on footsies is ok, but Cassie can actually whiff punish that D4 on reaction with B1, so I don't think it's a very good idea, you don't want to whiff ANYTHING against Cassie. It's a wrong statement, Cassie can punish a whiffed D4 because of the recovery frames on it, I play good Cassie players and they always blow me up for it.
21~Ex Roll should beat that option, unless she gets hit awkwardly in the air. That's usually the answer to those trying to armor through since EX Roll also breaks armor. And you still have the main mixup of 21 and 2~EX Roll anyway. What's wrong with 123?

Trying to low profile Cass B1 is a big gamble, honestly. It can be done, but it's damn near a hard read since the window is super tight.

I'm really worried about Kenshi and Cassie for EVO, as those 2 are really hard matchups.

Matchups that also feel bad/may be bad - Jax, Sonya, Lui Kang, Ermac, Subzero, Erron, Kung Lao
Liu Kang is fucking dumb now. KL has always been bad.
Not too sure about Sonya. Though I've only seen Covert Ops so far and people think that's not her best variation.