What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Mileena Mileena Matchup Discussion

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I don't know much about her, only 2 days in.
I do know that she has no problems destroying a balanced kenshi though.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
in the scorpion inferno mu mileena cannot punish overhead or low demon while the moves are in start up frames or after they whiff with ex telekick.
1st hit hits then the rest miss, know it happens vs other characters but its happens vs these moves everytime :(

pdog305

Noob
Against ermac Mileena cannot block punish 222 or b32.
Frame data says 222 is -8 but reversal ball doesn't connect and they could block. Many ermac's mash 2 to hit confirm into bf2 with master of souls variation.
B32 is a low overhead string that ermac's tend to spam online. It can be difficult to block and frame data says it's -11 but once again reversal ball doesn't connect and they could block it.
The only option to block punish is reversal throw.
Against Ermac Mileena can stuff or beat out all his wakeup options as long as you get a hard kd. Set training dummy to wakeup ex db2 or ex teleport which have armor. Get a hard kd with standing 3, sweep, 21u4 or f143. Mileena's F1 strings and ex roll stuffs his armored wakeup attacks.

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
You can punish Shinnoks Hell Sparks with roll or with run 1,2,3,roll.

Also I'll be uploading various gameplay videos of my Mileena and other characters on my youtube channel.

Here's a match I played against my friend BugvMan who plays Shinnok.

Note that we are all still learning so this is probably not how the match is supposed to be played, and that we were messing around a lot so u might see some goofy stuff lol

Last edited:

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
I totally got creamed when someone zoned be out using Jacqui Briggs' Full Auto variation, where she'd just sit at full distance and use Hand Cannon the whole time and block low then uppercut when I try to get in via Teleport Kicks.

how do you guys handle the hellfire scorpion match up?
Most of the Scorpions I fight often try to overwhelm, so blocking is the last thing on their mind. That said, slow the pace of the match and abuse the low sai if you're at a decent distance away. Usually Hellfire players abuse the hell out of Ground Fire, which can be blocked low. I usually punish them by setting them up using a F4,4 then using 32xxBD4 or F3,4xxDB4 once they wakeup.

I'll see how that works and I know sometimes if you time the roll right you can get under a lot of projectiles and get in quicker of course spacing is important unless you catch them mid throw I'm not sure if it works on full auto jacqui but it's worth looking into

So I played a lot of games vs a friend of mine the other day. Here's some Full-Auto Jacqui stuff I found. @EternityInBlack @nikkyMURDER

Machine Gun/Zoning
- The main problem I saw with Jacqui, is how goddamn long the machine gun stays active. It's near impossible to jump over. Low sai gets hit after the sai comes out. Roll will win vs machine gun within a certain range, but if you're too far, she'll get hit after the Roll ends.

- If you're outside of Low Rocket range, you can duck without blocking (or spam D3) to avoid Machine Gun chip and the flying punch thing. Walk forward and force her to try and keep you from coming in. Or, if you do end up blocking it from a distance, you can run at her while she recovers. This will immediately put you in the range you have to be in to fight this match effectively.

- If you have X-Ray, you can punish EN Machine Gun pretty hard by armoring through the final rocket. If your opponent knows this, they will be very cautious about using it. (Which is what you want in the first place.) It might be possible to EN Roll through the rocket instead, but I can't do it, lol.

-B12 in Piercing along with F2 and D4 seem about as good as Jacqui's best ranged normals. I don't think Mileena has too many issues here.

I should mention I only use Piercing at the moment, so the match might be very different if you play Ethereal or Ravenous.

I have alot of trouble against stong zoning, especially FA jacqui because the variation specific move intended to duck under projectiles doesnt work.

As previously mentioned, running to close distance during recovery works, because then you can roll machine guns on reaction.

Would be nice if zoners had to respect tk, but they don't.

Also i have a ton of trouble against anyone who just turtles..

I think if you see zoning happening and it's being spammed, you ex tele in and go into a combo from there then keep on top of them. That's the theory anyway. I've only really done this against an Erron Black in Gunslinger. Haven't played too much online simply because Xbone online is like swimming in a river of twenty year old Nickelodeon slime.

Nihi

Noob
I'm a fairly new player and would like some advice on how to deal with the Scorpion matchup. Especially Ninjutsu - it feels like people can spam the swords at me all day long and its fairly hard for me to punish.. the recovery is certainly too quick for me to get an uppercut in, and also pushes me back so I'm out of range for a throw. If I have a bar I sometimes get ex-ball, but don't fancy always spending a bar when someone can spam. How do you guys generally punish people attacks or combos that have fast recovery frames?

So I did a little testing concerning Cassie's B124 string.
- Mileena can armor through the final hit with either EN Roll or X-Ray
- If she blocks the whole string, Cassie is at adv. But most of Cassie's followups can be Reversal Thrown out of.
- Mileena can backdash between the 2nd and Last hit as well, BUT... If Cass does another B1, you end up having to block once again. So all you really accomplish is getting closer to the corner. You CAN double backdash to escape this, but it's pretty expensive on your stamina for such a hard read.

- If Cass follows up the string with D3, you can't Jump out. It will juggle you into her staple B1 stuff again. Roll won't beat it either. (Kicks stuff Roll or something) You can armor through of course, or just guess Low and Block giving you back the advantage.

There might be other stuff, but that's all I found at the time.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
So kinda discovered this by fluke and I'm not sure if this will help in the matchup on the whole but at least its nice to have one option.

Sub-Zero and his damned Ice Klone in the corner is a nightmare to deal with, especilally when he can bait EX Roll and full combo punish. What I found is that if Sub-Zero goes into his string to Ice Klone and follows up with the overhead, Mileena can use standing 4 to counter hit Zero, hence nullifying the klone. You have to time the standing 4 the moment you see the animation of the overhead begin otherwise you will trade or lose to the overhead. As a bonus standing 4 can also be confirmed into Roll for a full combo.

Now I'll admit this is only one scenario as I have very little experience Sub Zero and this is the most common setup I see so I'm not sure whether it will beat other options. Also if Sub Zero takes a step or two back before using the overhead the timing of standing 4 has to be slighlty delayed, but maybe people can take this idea and develop it further.

@Mr. Mileena
@Premonitionist
@Saboteur-6
@1man3letters
@TakeAChance
@JDE
@Sultani
@ZeroEffect
@Johnny San
@All other Mileena players

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Nice find! Hopefully, we can find another option to deal with other options that he has from it

Last edited: