What's new

MI REO wins the TCW Qualifier for Mortal Kombat X at Paradise Found!

Clampa_

Learn from this.
umm u disregarding my lao point shows u obviously dnt know what u are talking about lmao. If u dnt think he is one of the best characters in this game, then i dnt know what to tell you tbh. U brought up an irrelevant point about "who is top tier and doesn't have 50/50s" and i said almost everyone has one so that makes no sense lol. You refuse to acknowledge the points i am making and that is fine, dnt get butthurt about it.
Please, extrapolate your point on how Lao is the best in the game. I am genuinely interested to hear why.

If it was so obvious you should be able to say more than lol that 5 frame spin bro.
do i need to write u an essay? lol. If u can't see what i mean, then i dnt know what to tell you. It should be obvious why he is one of the best, it is more than "lol 5f spin bro". But i will list some things for you :)
*Has teleport/ ex teleport for couterzoning or to close the distance (and he can get a full combo if he hits u with the right options out of it).
*Divekick is a good whiff punisher and in combos provides great corner carry
*mid b3,1,2 string is safe and if u hit it u get a full combo that corner carries alot and if they dnt respect ur spin after they block b3,1,2 they risk getting spinned
*U can not jump at him pretty much because his spin works for in front jump ins and cross up jump ins
*His j2 is great for beating AAs and it has superb reach and leads to a full combo (can beat out moves like scorpions flame aura because the hat takes the hit for him)
*not the most stellar poke game but definitely not a bad one either
*Can even zone decently with a life lead and hold life leads well
*Can punish things no one else in the game can punish (besides raiden with his 5f mid pretty much)
Do i need to list more things? this should do.

Please, extrapolate your point on how Lao is the best in the game. I am genuinely interested to hear why.
just listed my points below on why he "could" be the best. I am not going to declare that he is because it is too early imo but he is in debate for that spot.

Clampa_

Learn from this.
just listed my points below on why he "could" be the best. I am not going to declare that he is because it is too early imo but he is in debate for that spot.
I agree with most of these points however, right now I feel that his cousin (Jin) has all of these traits and more, aside from teleport, which personally I feel isn't that great as it is punishable on reaction, but hey once the game develops I could definetley see Lao beating most other characters.

I agree with most of these points however, right now I feel that his cousin (Jin) has all of these traits and more, aside from teleport, which personally I feel isn't that great as it is punishable on reaction, but hey once the game develops I could definetley see Lao beating most other characters.
i respect ur opinion, and the ex tele he can hold and bait out things (costs a bar of course but it serves it purposes).

do i need to write u an essay? lol. If u can't see what i mean, then i dnt know what to tell you. It should be obvious why he is one of the best, it is more than "lol 5f spin bro". But i will list some things for you :)
*Has teleport/ ex teleport for couterzoning or to close the distance (and he can get a full combo if he hits u with the right options out of it).
*Divekick is a good whiff punisher and in combos provides great corner carry
*mid b3,1,2 string is safe and if u hit it u get a full combo that corner carries alot and if they dnt respect ur spin after they block b3,1,2 they risk getting spinned
*U can not jump at him pretty much because his spin works for in front jump ins and cross up jump ins
*His j2 is great for beating AAs and it has superb reach and leads to a full combo (can beat out moves like scorpions flame aura because the hat takes the hit for him)
*not the most stellar poke game but definitely not a bad one either
*Can even zone decently with a life lead and hold life leads well
*Can punish things no one else in the game can punish (besides raiden with his 5f mid pretty much)
Do i need to list more things? this should do.
You know what. Let's just wait and we'll see if he is top 5 at least. If he is in the discussion for being the best then he must be top 5 at least right. We will see how Lao develops in this game.

You know what. Let's just wait and we'll see if he is top 5 at least. If he is in the discussion for being the best then he must be top 5 at least right. We will see how Lao develops in this game.
aye i was just making sure u know that I at least do not have lao as maybe number one because of just ex spin haha. That is all i wanted to clarify, now for others, u can get on their case.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
We made it SUPER clear on how to desync shit, i made sure to keep an eye on people to tell them to desync and everything. I am not dealing with this shit anymore solely on the community's lack of following a simple rule. Way too many issues occured and its leading us to ban both ps4 wireless* pads, and ps3 sticks.

I understand how ps3 sticks assign, but people don't and no matter how many times you tell them, they still get confused. Numerous times i had to assign controllers and shit like that.

*pads without the battery is ok. I'll offer a cheap service to take out your battery for you if you don't have it ready at the event.
Yea you were extremely clear about how to desync. No question about it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think the easiest solution to the PS4 controller issue is for sony TO MAKE A FUCKING WIRED CONTROLLER.

WHY HAS THIS NOT HAPPENED YET?!?!?!?

WHY?

Stepwood

Frequently Bodied Individual
The Kano variety was amazing at this tournament as well, and the diversity in top 8. really great start to the game.
Agreed. I've been dabbling with Kano since Day 1, but seeing your Kotal in action inspired me to take him to the lab. Good shit, keep it up!

this was cool as hell to play with people that were at a much higher skill level then me. I would like to do more like this to get better

the hype here was more then we had at the mayweather fight for sure

Can we stop with these nerf Quan, nerf Sub-Zero, nerf Kung Jin talks. If you haven't noticed yet some top players here are already losing on purpose with there characters, or wining with characters they want nerfed just so the idiots on TYM can scream Nerf! And destroy some characters chances to be viable in the future! WTF! Maybe someone should try to play the game some more before coming to a conclusion that something is overpowered. Let's concentrate on buffing the characters that don't have shit going for them right now!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Hopefully on the next Armory I can take 5 mins to set this community straight about how to properly DESYNC your freaking controllers and imo what every TO standard should be to prevent issues that occurred during this tourney. Ive never really felt "Sorry" for @CD jr until last night.

HOWEVER Great matches and really cool upsets from @Zyphox and @Ray Riazy during the night. Also seems like the Quan Wagon grew a little bit bigger last night. Solid play from everyone and congrats to @R.E.O. for winning and looking extremely strong heading into main tourney season to rival Sonic Fox. Should be hype upcoming 2-3 months

Great job to @Sabin for holding it down and presenting a top notch stream featuring a double box, he does so much and delivers w great results.
Everything ran clean until the end because the wireless controllers kept dying (3 in a row). If we all continue to allow ps3 sticks not only do we need a desync station but we'll need usb hubs for a charge station...We really just need to ban them lol

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

If you're using the teleport in scenarios where you can be punished on reaction, you're using it at the wrong times.

He has at least 1 option for getting an uninterrupted teleport attack out.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Can we stop with these nerf Quan, nerf Sub-Zero, nerf Kung Jin talks. If you haven't noticed yet some top players here are already losing on purpose with there characters, or wining with characters they want nerfed just so the idiots on TYM can scream Nerf! And destroy some characters chances to be viable in the future! WTF! Maybe someone should try to play the game some more before coming to a conclusion that something is overpowered. Let's concentrate on buffing the characters that don't have shit going for them right now!
This right here is the mindset people need. Everyone has holes, find em and exploit em.