What's new

MI REO wins the TCW Qualifier for Mortal Kombat X at Paradise Found!

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
My match with reo was probably my favorite match of my life. One read away. Played lights out. What a tournament! Some fixes - Ray over me was 2-1 - down to final round and 1 read as well. And Brady over Ray was 2-1.
@Ray Riazy is mr aquaman's tournament master, knocked him out of 2 tournaments in 2 weeks :eek:

man i wish i could of made this, this looked really hype!!!!!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Who were the culprits ? lol

That sucks man, Do you agree with me that for Majors locals and EVO should have a rule that states "All wireless pads are banned. You must use a PS4 pad with no battery or a stick/pad that is purely wireless"?
Like anyone would ever come up and admit they are wrong.

I'm thinking of maybe a usb hub, seeing if it overheats the ports or something

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Jesus, that does make it even worse and explains how this is happening more and more

It's pretty obvious wireless pads should be banned 100% until a full proof answer is provided. I hate calling for bans but EVO will be a trainwreck not just for us but for all games if this isn't thought about prior to.

The real answer is etokki or inpin converters being able to be used on ps4, Im paying $120 for my converter and i feel that is way unreasonable to ask everyone to do so as well
As a stick player, I don't think that price is unreasonable as stick players pay that much and more for a stick that can work directly with the next gen system.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
There's just so much stuff to worry about with these new consoles... The multiple profiles with different settings are a pain in the ass. You have to be sure under each profile that health bars are lower, rumble is turned off, controller desyncing and etc.

I had a match last night where I didn't know vibration was on and my controller vibrated off the table, fell on the analog stick and started making my character jump. Then when I left it on the floor somebody hit the damn guide button on my controller by mistake in the middle of the match. The player then asked for the match to be restarted when I was clearly winning by a lot. That's fair game for them to make the decision but it's a fucked up situation that really wasn't an issue on older consoles.

Regardless I had a great time and outside of ps4 wireless bullshit, the tournament ran great. Shout outs to everyone responsible for keeping things running smooth regardless of the obstacles.

Also props to all the players.

That was the worst commentating I have ever heard in my life. They were mostly screaming and yelling like little girls.

Some advice. In order to boost the community please provide some form of interesting and informative commentary. The yelling does nothing to make a stream enjoyable.

Just my two cents.
yeah it was annoying, who was the other guy besides sabin?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
From my understanding, there's no way to desync a controller from a PS4 without syncing it to a new PS4. When you turn off your PS4 controller, that doesn't mean it's desynced, it's just turned off. When people press the PS Home button by accident, it causes the issue of the home screen popping up. The PS4 home button seems a lot more sensitive than the PS3 button was, so when a controller is tossed in a bag or whatever, it can easily cause the home screen to pop up on whatever PS4 system it was previously synced to.

Unless there's an option to actually desync a controller and therefore have the controller synced to NO PS4 at all, this issue will be present at all tournaments where wireless PS4 pads are allowed.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is an option to desync a controller from all PS4 systems, in which case, I would like to know how to do that.

No I thin k youre right and the only true way to desync is to reboot the system.. For now these ps4's need to be rebooted every few matches at least to avoid the bluetooth build-up that cause frame lag too... If im playing in a important match id demand a system reboot or just reboot it my self.. The upside is the ps4 reboots in about a minute or 2 tops..

Justice

Noob
@Pig Of The Hut, ps4 pads are already banned at EVO anyway so there is no issue there. We're using them at Toryuken in a few weeks so we'll see how that goes.

I had an idea when I was up in the lab in the wee hours. What if two controllers were assigned to each station so that all people would have to do is plug in their Legacy sticks and go? Then the only worries are remembering to change them out every 5 hours for recharging on people walking off with them. There are ways to charge the controllers without de-syncing them (ie: plug them into a laptop) that could be looked at as well.

I love the fact that I can still use my HitBox for MK but I think we all gotta remember that gaming isn't a cheap hobby, stop being cheap bastards and upgrade. Myself included.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
A couple possible solutions, and some thoughts.

We are blaming console's for human error. We had a desync station, if used properly would have resolved all issues. Even with batteries being removed, if you manage to plug it into another station there is a small chance you hit the home button to early or it seems at random to just resync back up to the previous station, Removing the battery does not desync it from the previous console upon removal of the cord. I have ran into that problem as well.

Possible solution? Keep 2 pads at each station at all times. (OS of bitching about not using your pad gtfo, its a ps4 pad) this will remove all syncing out of the equation all together.

Possible solution 2? Xbox 1, there are so many converters that work perfectly on the one and allow much easier use of every gaming tool out there. Must easier to avoid syncing problems as well without batteries. Downside, everyones on PS4, and too many plans are in motion.

Possible solution 3? USE THE FUCKING DESYNC STATION AFTER YOUR MATCH

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

We are blaming console's for human error. We had a desync station, if used properly would have resolved all issues. Even with batteries being removed, if you manage to plug it into another station there is a small chance you hit the home button to early or it seems at random to just resync back up to the previous station, Removing the battery does not desync it from the previous console upon removal of the cord. I have ran into that problem as well.

Possible solution? Keep 2 pads at each station at all times. (OS of bitching about not using your pad gtfo, its a ps4 pad) this will remove all syncing out of the equation all together.

Possible solution 2? Xbox 1, there are so many converters that work perfectly on the one and allow much easier use of every gaming tool out there. Must easier to avoid syncing problems as well without batteries. Downside, everyones on PS4, and too many plans are in motion.

Sharing pads is not an option IMO

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
There's just so much stuff to worry about with these new consoles... The multiple profiles with different settings are a pain in the ass. You have to be sure under each profile that health bars are lower, rumble is turned off, controller desyncing and
and Pause Delay and I know I sound like a broken record already the ps4 needs to be rebooted MANY times during a tourney to be safe.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash

I honestly didn't have any issues desyncing my controller at all. I only ran into the issue's I stated above. I can make sure none of those things happen to me again for sure but there's a lot of players in this community and a lot of room for error. Regardless of how careful people are there will always be a chance of someone screwing up and ruining somebody's match. We just need to find a way to minimize that chance as best we can. I have been an advocate of assigning controllers to systems.

Oh yeah, people really need to monitor the battery life of their controllers. That's another issue to worry about. If we have assigned controllers I think it could help situations like this. Also as mike mentioned if USB hubs don't cause issues controllers can charge while players use their stick.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The bias on commentary from brady and cd jr was just bad. Tom brady was bashing grrr the whole time. I wonder why...
That was the worst commentating I have ever heard in my life. They were mostly screaming and yelling like little girls.

Some advice. In order to boost the community please provide some form of interesting and informative commentary. The yelling does nothing to make a stream enjoyable.

Just my two cents.
I agree, we need more informative commentary, especially on a new game. With I think we were at 9k viewers? People need to learn, not be yelled at or hear about people talk about themselves. Not a blow up, it would just be a nicer viewing experience.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
What i do not understand. How the fuck are people pushing the PS Button. I put my controller on my bag after setting it to the dysnc station and not once did the home button get pushed. So idk what the fuck people are doing with their pads to do this. They must be intentionally trying to fuck shit up. It sucks what happened to CD. Also technically i fucked up once. But it didnt matter cause there no match at the station. I did everything correctly and for some reason the controller didnt want to connect to the dycnc station. But after that everything was went well. The solution is pad ps4 wireless and ps3 sticks. switching to xbone you can get the same problem. although you are suppose to remove the battery some people wont listen. Also people would still have to buy xbone sticks. It just sucks for people who use the ps4 pad

protools27

Rebel without a scene
We made it SUPER clear on how to desync shit, i made sure to keep an eye on people to tell them to desync and everything. I am not dealing with this shit anymore solely on the community's lack of following a simple rule. Way too many issues occured and its leading us to ban both ps4 wireless* pads, and ps3 sticks.

I understand how ps3 sticks assign, but people don't and no matter how many times you tell them, they still get confused. Numerous times i had to assign controllers and shit like that.

*pads without the battery is ok. I'll offer a cheap service to take out your battery for you if you don't have it ready at the event.
So does removing the battery on a DS4 basically make it a wired controller? I'm a pad player, and it sucks to not be able to use a wireless controller because people can't utilize a simple desync station. I even considered bringing my own ps4 to ensure I and others around me could desync. I read somewhere that the DS4 doesn't transmit data over the usb cord, but if that works I would just buy a new pad and take the battery out.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Great question and needs a great answer

Currently I dont have one but will think of something
I suggest whoever has their match interrupted by the event gets to flick them as hard as they can in the testicle, one for each combatant. Female offenders will receive ear flicks.
You'll never have another desync issue for the life of the game.

haketh

Noob
I don't think banning PS3 sticks is needed, like Arturo said just get hubs & leave them behind the setups out of reach, those pads are used only to sync for people to use their PS3 sticks. I'd rather not see people have to drop an extra $100+ when they don't have to.

I love the fact that I can still use my HitBox for MK but I think we all gotta remember that gaming isn't a cheap hobby, stop being cheap bastards and upgrade. Myself included.
Not everyone can go that route.