What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang Pseudo block infinite explained

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
WhiteBlack does not know how to play Dragon's Fire at all.

EDIT: I was talking about about the Offline Euro tourney that Foxy won, just seeing that video gave me Aids. No footsies, no FBRC, no flying kick MB, D1 d1 d1 d1, D3 F1(whiff) D3 F1(whiff again), and keeps on zoning when it clearly isn't working out for him.

Last edited:

Spunio

Worst Reptile in Spring Hill
Just going to leave this here. In case anyone wants to see just how much Grampa really struggles against the overpowered DF Liu Kang in a competitive environment.

edit- Spoiler alert, the only time he has trouble is when WhiteBl4ck plays smarter than him and gets him to use his stamina on closing, causing FoxyGrampa to drop all his run link combos.

What's that Kung Lao says? Oh yeah "LEARN FROM THIS."

If you actually watched the video, Whiteblack didn't try to utilize the combo that much. Instead, he tried doing some weird version of it by ending it with a bicycle kick. Don't see where that video is relevant in this conversation.

His offense is actually better than tempest.

Doesn't cost meter (builds it instead)
Does more chip
Can be repped for longer
No hitbox issues
Always +
i agree . he gives a lot of the cast much more issues than tempest does . but his hitboxes are a bit messed up 111 or 112 the second hit whiffs and i get armoured reversaled like you did to me the other day . f213 same and f44 is the same at longer range but apart from that a lot of characters cant move once i get hold of them with his pressure. like u said hes the kabal of mk9 .

Shtutik

Noob
LOL A LOT OF CHARACTERS CAN BACKDASH Quan chi can Ermac can backdash even Liu kang can i believe? , just take a hit from 213 and roll back youre out if hes doing f21 mb BK there is gap you can armour out , there s a lot of insane shit in this game. If you take Erron Black Boneshaper Shinnok any other top tier they are just as broken as this. Wheres this Liu Kang god who will win all tournaments ? also Liu s defensive options SUCK pokes are shit armour is shit backdash is meh and antiair is bad footsies are also not good

so you think liu kang will always do f21 bk i bet he will do at least 1 cancel just take a hit and roll , also backdash poke armour taking a hit and what damage after 213 ? liu cant combo after f213 maybe like 20% if he knows youre gonna let go. And his MB kick is only +2 f21 is 9 frames nothing is guaranteed on most of the cast

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Because liu doesn't lead to 40 or more percent worth of damage BACK into a vortex leading into free pressure with a flame aura around him adding additional chip which adds up to basically 3/4 of your health gone

Admirable apologist attempt, but I also happen to play Hellfire Scorpion and let me tell you, you're selling extreme misinformation here.

If Scorpion has a vortex in this game, then you might aswell be calling Liu's 113 a viable mixup. If you're simply referring to a restand, then relieve yourself of the Injustice mindset, standing resets aren't that vital anymore with wake-up invincibility gone, going for hard knock down is actually worth it with Liu and I even find myself going for hard knockdown over the restand when using Ninjutsu Scorpion.

And even with the Flame Aura activated, Scorpion didn't do as much chip as this with the Dragon Kick MB follow up. Nor was there the threat of plus frames and an armor breaking normal at the end of it, at least not in Hellfire.

Scorp does hit pretty hard, but I'm not sure where you got 40% from, if we're talking with meter then you can't really toot that horn without touching on Liu's damage categorically.

This forum has done well to sell Dragon's Fire as a poor man's Hellfire for almost 4 months... but now the gig is up. For the record, I still believe Hellfire Scorp's pressure still has a good metagame, if not a better one than it did before, but the manor of which it was changed, and the reasoning, while Dragon's Fire Liu's has remained untouched is utterly nonsensical. Something fishy is definitely going on with that.

Yeah, this is so godlike! Did you see EVO where the top 8 were all Dragon's Fire Liu Kang? I mean, since this is obviously broke, it was a tournament, and big money was on the line, plenty of people were trying to win with anything possible. It sure was the Liu Kang show that day!

Or, maybe because the real world applications of this are far less impressive than training dummy shenanigans.

This community makes me sad. I thought it was going to be a place to level up. Where people would come and learn strategies.

Nope, it's just a nerf/buff brigade bitchfest. The exact kind of shit that gets people to put the game down and say "fuck it" when patch after patch dramatically changes the game.

In closing, Top 8 tournament footage or STFU. I've had enough training dummy videos from Tom Brady to last a lifetime.
Well, you heard it here first guys, if a character ain't on an EVO main stage, it's a wrap. Martian Manhunter confirmed bill.

Also, we can't really do anything to save a character from inadequate representatives who apparently don't even have their frame data knowledge straight. See the MK9 Cyrax community. The only saving grace was really DJT who picked him up late into the games life and still made do with about 60% of Cyrax's known arsenal lol.

Parasurama

Dragon
LK (DF) has pressure and zoning, but poor anti air options, no real 50/50 game, his wake up does not convert to amazing damage. If he gets nerfed, then he should get more options and buffs in other areas, otherwise he should remain as he is, because his match ups are not fantastic, especially against Sub Zero, and a few others. He had all of this since the beginning, nobody really chooses him, everyone is choosing Kung Lao, Tanya, Shinnok......when he starts dominating, then we can talk. He is the chosen one!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If it trades with 8f normals, wouldn't reversal Roll beat it out? Again, I can't test this stuff.
I typod you need 7f to beat it, 8f will trade.

So reversal roll might beat it due to it being a reversal. I can't test it since i'm not home, but it has the same problem that Ex roll has. Even if it is an option, Kang still has the threat of the F44 (which WILL beat roll) or he can simply just block. He can bully the hell out of you with it.

@Tom Brady

Would an 8f reversal special beat this due to reversal cancels not needing the extra frame to get out of block stun?

Last edited:

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
This pseudo infinite thing can be backdashed by some characters. I don't know how nrs will handle this because if the cancel ad is changed, it will render dualist more Shittier than it already is. I believe changing cancel ad such that all characters can back dash the f213 dash cancel without it changing properties if same f213 is run cancelled should make everyone happy. Don't fuck liu up nrs.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
lol looks like it's time to find a new main. They messed Scorpion up bad mainly bc they changed his 214 string and how it links etc. If they do the same with bookang, I guess I could main BS Shinnok like everyone else in the world.
Or D'Vorah. Her run cancel game is considerably stronger, on top of being generally better on offense anyway.

Admirable apologist attempt, but I also happen to play Hellfire Scorpion and let me tell you, you're selling extreme misinformation here.

If Scorpion has a vortex in this game, then you might aswell be calling Liu's 113 a viable mixup. If you're simply referring to a restand, then relieve yourself of the Injustice mindset, standing resets aren't that vital anymore with wake-up invincibility gone, going for hard knock down is actually worth it with Liu and I even find myself going for hard knockdown over the restand when using Ninjutsu Scorpion.

And even with the Flame Aura activated, Scorpion didn't do as much chip as this with the Dragon Kick MB follow up. Nor was there the threat of plus frames and an armor breaking normal at the end of it, at least not in Hellfire.

Scorp does hit pretty hard, but I'm not sure where you got 40% from, if we're talking with meter then you can't really toot that horn without touching on Liu's damage categorically.

This forum has done well to sell Dragon's Fire as a poor man's Hellfire for almost 4 months... but now the gig is up. For the record, I still believe Hellfire Scorp's pressure still has a good metagame, if not a better one than it did before, but the manor of which it was changed, and the reasoning, while Dragon's Fire Liu's has remained untouched is utterly nonsensical. Something fishy is definitely going on with that.

Well, you heard it here first guys, if a character ain't on an EVO main stage, it's a wrap. Martian Manhunter confirmed bill.

Also, we can't really do anything to save a character from inadequate representatives who apparently don't even have their frame data knowledge straight. See the MK9 Cyrax community. The only saving grace was really DJT who picked him up late into the games life and still made do with about 60% of Cyrax's known arsenal lol.
Hellfire scorpion now is not the hellfire scorpion i was talking about. I was answering a question as to why he got nerfed (i agree nerfed a lil too much but still in yet probably why the nerf happened). Liu doesn't put in a restand after you are put into a combo.

And also yes prepatch hellfire scorpion dealt 40% per combo pretty much.

Plus 2 doesn't mean anything is such bullshit. If they think you're going to b12 and decide to just sit there you get another round of cancels in.

And what gap in b12? The string itself has no gap, and the fbrc is plus on block.
So you're telling me that plus 2 is worse thn plus 14? So you're telling me that you can armor out of plus 14 done right in your face? You're telling me that plus 2 jails you when you have the option to armor even if the liu player does b12? I can list you the characters that will blow liu up for attempting that if they have armor.

You and others make it seem that liu has this option against EVERY character the game. If that were the case, thn i would agree to a possible nerf but it only affects certain characters which is why we have...say it with me...

MATCH UP CHARTS!!!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
So you're telling me that plus 2 is worse thn plus 14? So you're telling me that you can armor out of plus 14 done right in your face? You're telling me that plus 2 jails you when you have the option to armor even if the liu player does b12? I can list you the characters that will blow liu up for attempting that if they have armor.

You and others make it seem that liu has this option against EVERY character the game. If that were the case, thn i would agree to a possible nerf but it only affects certain characters which is why we have...say it with me...

MATCH UP CHARTS!!!
At what point did I ever say that +2 is worse than +14? Don't be stupid and stop putting words in my mouth.

I know what characters can armour, but god help you have to make a read. I know Liu Kang players aren't in to that sort of stuff.

You once tried to tell me that it is difficult to pressure characters with DF. Anything you say should be taken with a pinch of salt.

At what point did I ever say that +2 is worse than +14? Don't be stupid and stop putting words in my mouth.

I know what characters can armour, but god help you have to make a read. I know Liu Kang players aren't in to that sort of stuff.

You once tried to tell me that it is difficult to pressure characters with DF. Anything you say should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Yea it is tough against some characters who have options without the use of the fbrc. Im sorry that you hate frame traps but making it out to be a block infinite is your own self putting words in your mouth.

Im curious to know what you yourself would change about dragons fire. Let me guess...make mb flying into bicycle kick neutral?? Taking away his ONLY option to close space and maintain pressure in mus that require him to be zoned out? Making it so that EVERY character has a way out vs the ones that already do???

Im truly curious. The ONLY legitimate nerf would be taking away plus on fake fbrc without the use of the run button.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Honestly they have to do something with the stamina gauge, right now it feels off in general imo

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Just going to leave this here. In case anyone wants to see just how much Grampa really struggles against the overpowered DF Liu Kang in a competitive environment.

edit- Spoiler alert, the only time he has trouble is when WhiteBl4ck plays smarter than him and gets him to use his stamina on closing, causing FoxyGrampa to drop all his run link combos.

What's that Kung Lao says? Oh yeah "LEARN FROM THIS."
whiteblack is shit

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yea it is tough against some characters who have options without the use of the fbrc. Im sorry that you hate frame traps but making it out to be a block infinite is your own self putting words in your mouth.

Im curious to know what you yourself would change about dragons fire. Let me guess...make mb flying into bicycle kick neutral?? Taking away his ONLY option to close space and maintain pressure in mus that require him to be zoned out? Making it so that EVERY character has a way out vs the ones that already do???

Im truly curious. The ONLY legitimate nerf would be taking away plus on fake fbrc without the use of the run button.
So you want some characters to not be able to get out?
Flying kick his only way to get in versus zoning?

God lord. I take you back to this statement.

Anything you say should be taken with a pinch of salt.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I really don't see how you can justify Hellfire's nerf yet say that Dragon's Fire is fine. Now I don't care about where Liu is on the tier list, his FBCs are better than Hellfire's yet he still has his. I don't wanna hear how Liu has less going for him either. Hellfire players are just gawdlike and don't complain much compared to everyone else so his issues fly under the radar.

If NRS keeps Liu's FBCs as is, then Scorpion was nerfed by yet another knee-jerk reaction.